Happy New Year
  • Yossarian wrote:
    That reminds me, my top hangover mitigation tip is rehydration salts before bed. The water you lose is only part of the reason you feel dehydrated the next day, the salts and sugars you piss out are the other.

So the alternative is Lucozade Sport then?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Possibly, I don't know what Lucozade Sport contains exactly, but it sounds plausible. Although I wouldn't have thought that an energy drink before bed would do much to help you sleep.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    I don't like Terry Christian.
    He's let himself go.

Barbapapa's holding it tight.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ditto Steve Perry's Journey denim on my telly just then.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Possibly, I don't know what Lucozade Sport contains exactly, but it sounds plausible. Although I wouldn't have thought that an energy drink before bed would do much to help you sleep.
    I can verify the benefits of inhaling Powerade or similar following a drinking session, it bloody works.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • My mate swears that lucosade is the bst hangover cure. That and a packet of crisps.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    I can verify the benefits of inhaling Powerade or similar following a drinking session, it bloody works.
    Not when you throw up blue the next day.

Urgh.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Greetings, salutations and a happy new year!

40 of us went for a Ruby. Which took three hours! Over an hour between starter and main. However the lamb Bhuna was excellent and plenty of it. I cut off back to the local to see in the new year with my best friends then at about three I headed to my mates studio for some kerazy noise and learned I couldn't find my hip flask. Next thing I remember I woke up between a coffee table and a tv. My face was against a speaker, I could hear house music, it was about ten am. My hip flask was on dinning table and I was surrounded by a mix of old and new friends. Got home last night at ten after a half hour walk and fell asleep. I've finally had that 12 hour yule time kip.

2013 has had a good beginning but my first conversation with a stranger, the guy in the newsagents I went to on the way home wasn't so good. I asked for a pack of cheese when I wanted a pack of cigarettes.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Lucozade seems to work. I haven't tested it against the efficacy of water alone though.

We could do a highly controlled B&B hangover cure experiment. I'd say we need at least 15 subjects to attend one stock or another. Should control group have no extra liquids to mitigate hangover with?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It'll be hard to keep that test blind. How do we stop people knowing whether they're drinking Lucozade or water?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You should down some weak saline aq before bed. I reckon it'd trump both the water and power aid. 

Drop a berroca in each of them for disguise?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Let the Lucozade go flat, dye the water and tightly pinch nose while swallowing?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Lucozade and bacon for morning after..

I'm in the school of the pre-emptive strike though - aspirin/paracetamol or something like Alka seltzer XS with around a pint of water before bed does wonders the next day.

There are those who worry about pre-emptive paracetamol as the liver is working hard enough as it is - and aspirin hits the stomach hard - but you've already poisoned yourself with drink so - whatever.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You shouldn't drink if you can't take the hangover.
  • You shouldn't drink Bovril if you can't take the beefy hangover.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You shouldn't drink if you can't take the hangover.

I used to enjoy the feeling of a hangover but that was when I was single - no time for that nonsense now. I don't drink anywhere as often or as much now which is a big help too of course.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • A line of speed will take the edge off any hangover.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!