General Bear Knuckle
  • Pez man - surely you'll have better access to kof online over there...
  • Hmmmm I think South Australian internet may be less impressive than you might think, but you never know...
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • well I guess there's always sf4 :)
  • "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • My sparring buddy is from Oz, Pez. I think he's from Melbourne, unfortunately, so I'm not sure if he'll know anything about fighters in Adelaide.

Will ask him anyhow.
  • WTF - A bit of research suggests many think Adon is high tier in AE.

Didn't know that!
    Cherry_Pez wrote:
    4 Frame Dp, you'll go far my son.

Well, a little bit o'research suggests it's only his weakest dp that's 4 frames, the rest being 5. Not too great... but after playing as a character without any reliable (and meterless) get-off-me methods, even that will be a joy.

JAG JAG JAG.
  • There is nothing I enjoy more in street fighter (maybe any) than doing a clutch wake up mp dragon with ken to kill fuertes splash spam. Good times.

Localssss tomorrow woop.
  • Cheers Tiger, been having a look and there seems to be a tiny scene out there, will do some investigating once I'm settled in. Look to be leaving Saturday night now, Flight to Singapore, change there to Perth, change there to Adelaide. All in probs about 30 hours of travel in economy. I am not looking forward to it. 

Well man a Dp is a dp, single most important move in SF4 in my humble opinion. I dunno who I'll try and work with out there character wise (if AE is the only game going which it most probably will be other than Marvel, and my brain can't handle that game), most likely Makoto or maybe just follow the PR Balrog train and join him on Fei...
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • I wish I had the patience to learn Mak. She looks like so much fun. *Sigh*
  • DAT MAK TRUK

Man when Evol came from losers and won 2 sets to take that MM....epic, but sad, times. I've learned to jump more safely against her, cos a bad habit got me killed in that match. She has alot of startup but to get Ken's j.lk to combo off a jump in you have to hit it near the ground - meaning more recovery and enough time to eat a HIYA > 30%. Got to treat her like Gouk/Dud, mix in the empty jump > low attack.

Austin, that journey will fine man. My advice is say you have a fear of flying to he doc, get some valium, and the whole thing will be a lot easier. Exciting stuff man, we shall miss you. When were you last in Oz land?
  • Last time was about 13 years ago now I think. Got different flights now, one change in Kuala Lumpur instead of two, should take off Saturday at 22:00 and arrive in Oz 08:50 Monday morning. Dat time zone life steal. 10 mins before I'm due to start my first day, natch. I intend to watch every film in the on flight entertainment menu and see how far I last. Watched 5 back to back to make it from Bangkok to London after the Honeymoon. This will be a bit more of an effort! 

Got AE on to my Laptop which I'm taking, it managed to squeeze out an A Rank when I put it through the in game test so that's promising. Just need a good net connection in whatever flat I end up living in and a stick. Then just need to find some folks to play, get dem locals. Shame it has to be AE though. May well have to nick a 360 in March once VSAV drops.
  • Whisper it, but it might reignite your love for it. The love is in the matches, and if you find the right friends and sparring partners you might get back there. Eternal optimism here anyway.

Yeah I did nuff films to and from Jamaica, The Raid [9], Spiderman [6], 21 Jump Street [7], Total Recall [6] (special effects [9] though), Moonrise Kingdom [7] (getting sick of this sickly twee self serving director although I love an auteur), spent ages trying to remember the rest the can't have been good. Oh Avengers, [8].
  • Well I jumped on Ranked last night for 3 games after messing about with Mak in training. Used Rose though obviously. Beat a mediocre Hakan then lost to an Oni. He was solid, but I was on the verge of winning the second bout and evening it all up with a kinky Ultra 2 Orbed up cross up in to a st.mk, cr.mp, spiral (while the orbs were doing their thing to boot). Mid way through this I must have dropped some link or the internet must have smiled at me and given me the finger; but suddenly up came Oni, glowing yellow, full of Dragon Punch. Counter hitting me for good measure and knocking me out. I went straight to replay and stuck his inputs on, the SECOND my first orb hit on the cross up alllll through the 5 hits I successfully landed, his inputs went bat shit. Downs, and forwards and down-forwards and more downs and lp and mp and lp, and mp. Sure enough, got him his win. 97th best Oni on Live to boot. Utter, utter pap. Gone are parries and alpha counters in with the "Hey in a pinch mash dat shit under pressure cos ya never know. Here have 2 bar to make it safe if it doesn't work out".  And that is what I am mostly tired of. That and the fucking endless Option Select, Double Option Select yer safe jump blah blah blah. Game just feels morose now.

I still hold it high in the pantheon of my fav games, but for me Super was it. Yeah it had lots of broken shit, Seth was ridiculous and Cammy too. But fuck man I dunno, I still adored it. AE just put a hole in everything which I haven't really ever come back from. 2012 is nicely balanced but it's the game itself that I'm tired of. Who knows, my Antipodean adventure and the folks down there might rekindle the love, but I doubt it. Still hoping DS4 is fantastic! And that SFV has Alpha Counters!
  • Also Amazing Spiderman is a fucking [2] at best and that's just for Emma Stone and Emma Stone in tight jumpers and knee high socks.
  • I only just watched it last week. It was utter gash. 

Hobbit was alright tonight. Overly long though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nick wrote:
    Whisper it, but it might reignite your love for it. The love is in the matches, and if you find the right friends and sparring partners you might get back there. Eternal optimism here anyway.
    Yeah, this is it. I hadn't played a FG since a couple of weeks after SFxT was released, until I went back to Cafe id the other. Completely fell in love with SF again... announcing, 3 games back in, that "I just... I just love this fucking game so much!"

I don't even care when I lose (unless it felt like BS or I'm being spanked badly game after game). I just love playing Street Fighter with someone in the same room. Online against randoms really, really isn't the same.

Hopefully online at home (urgh) can hold up for some JAG JAG JAG.
  • Yup, thing is now a days I'd rather play Vampire Savior, MSH, KoF or Tekken instead. SFIV has just ground me down, not bored of Fighters at all, but very weary of this one. But who knows, maybe an excursion down under with nothing else will do the trick. Plus none of these flats I'm looking at appear to mention wifi or any sort of internets so finding a local scene of any sort will have to be on the cards.
  • Local scene will help a lot with the mashed out shit too. It's a huuuge issue for online play due to how easy it is to drop links. Offline, it's still frustrating, but not quite infuriating.

Besides, locals = yum. I'm super excited to start playing with my bro again when I get home.
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Cheers Tiger, been having a look and there seems to be a tiny scene out there, will do some investigating once I'm settled in.
    My buddy just got back to me. He doesn't know of anything out that way...
    [font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist haha. Unless it's Tekken... SF4 is limited to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane & Perth pretty sure. Never heard of any Adelaide players at the last nationals

[font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Hopefully you can find some guys to play with... it only takes a couple, after all. 

I've been thinking about the JAG. Gonna try and nail a few BnBs and see how it goes for an extended session with him, but I might try a few other characters too. It's nice to be able to use a few different characters to an ok standard, even if just for variety.

EDIT: Grrr, stupid formatting.
  • Oni can't make his dp safe. You can't take mashers out of fighters,unfortunately.
  • Yeah I know his is one of the better ones for it. Still a blight on the game in general that I despise though, hit buttanz through dat pressure, profit. 

Cheers Tiger, yeah I have had a look and it will be bare bones, but so be it! Hopefully meet some sound guys and have a laugh. Work paid accommodation runs out on Christmas Eve... Could be interesting.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Smang wrote:
    dude i would love a nice ps2 stick....

@Smang

I've a Combat King (left) with a PC/PS2/PS3 board. It's a cheap compact Chinese thing, with an LS-40 and Sei buttons. Currently a batty, but I'm sure I've a couple of balls around.

The blue one has a JLF and 24-mil Seimitsus. I'd probably accept a lowish offer on that. It has a DS2 board ready for it, with an RJ45 connector on the rear.

I have a wired DS2 board if that's good for anyone. These project boxes need to go. Roujin? They're both unfinished, but I only made them for trying out different button layouts. 24-mil holes.

(The right one's based on the PS1 NAMCO; left is hybrid.)

I've also a PC/PS3 Cthulhu I no longer need.
  • One of my sticks imploded, thing just fell into the box and now is crunchy as fook, like.

Need to raid your box of bits (OIOI) but haven't the foggiest how to replace a stick.
  • Nick wrote:
    Need to raid your box of bits (OIOI)...

Lol! Clever.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Is this the same stick i looked at last time Nick? it seemed that the JLF is fine, i think the mounting plate has separated form the rest of the top plate and is floating inside the stick. not an easy fix unless you have welding capabilities....
  • Yar, that one. S'ok though as most times I get locals the other guy (you or crizzzpyyy) has a stick. Just would be nice to have both for when my brother comes over.
  • ah man you missed the madcatz sale :( 

not sure if you can get new plates for TE's... regardless someone still needs to open it up and have a look.
  • Cheers. A mod-job could be the way forward. If I can get my finances sorted in the new year I'll have a look at Kenifying it or something.
  • i think you need a fix-job before you mod it!

i know art sells plexi replacements (http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=11&subcat=&item=114) but technically those would be weaker than the metal ones.

see the white part around the JLF in this pic?  

border_mirror.jpg

on regular TE's those are metal and welded tot he top plate, and i think yours has become separated from the top.
  • ahhh ok

Yeah was thinking if I can get it to someone with know-how they can get the fix and spruce it up at the same time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!