Play.com closing ! Is this the end of cheap games and music ?
  • On the whole my PlayTrade experience has been ok, iv certainly sold a lot of items via them but my feedback wouldn't reflect that as not many people seem to comment.

I had one incident last year whereby a woman bought my old chunky ds off me for around 55 quid. 3 weeks after i had sent it off, I received a complaint via play.com as the ds had apparantly malfunctioned. I dealt with it the best I could, adamant that I had sent a perfectly fuctioning item that she has probably broken having had it for 3 weeks. This went on for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't refund unless she returned the item as stated in PlayTrade t&cs, she refused unless I paid for the postage.

In the end play.com refunded the buyer by helping themselves to money via my bank account, fuckers. No ds ever returned and a few smarmy emails from the buyer after the money was refunded. Never again.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Gamermike wrote:
    In the end play.com refunded the buyer by helping themselves to money via my bank account, fuckers. Never again.
    Ditto.

They didn't have a clue. I presented every single bit of evidence needed to show I'd sent the game and the buyer presented nothing but obstacles to 'prove' he hadn't received it. They still went against me.

The annoying thing about this situation with Play now is that the scenarios we have both described is the thing they are keeping going, fucking idiots.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    They're not really interested in you though. They want small businesses on there who have to write off the odd arsey customer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!