Selling / Items wanted - The punting stuff and creating joy thread
  • That's fine mate, was just on a whim anyway.  I'll give you £15 for Gears, which will make me just as happy as when I was on for both at £60?
  • I'm after lumines PSP. I'm selling a bunch of GC and PlayStation 1/2 classics on 20 March, when I'm in Paris. Incidentally, if anyone wants any rare games I can buy em for you there. Tend to be fair prices. PM if you're interested in some of these games. Rarest are, I think, Vandal Hearts PS1, Raiden 3, Ikaruga, and some other shmup with a V at the end from those guys who do shmup. All fair non pisstake offrlers considered, I'll probably swap them in France for a VR unit or pspro
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I should have access to all my stuff at the start of the month, I should have Lumines in a box somewhere. I'm not unpacking just signing the lockup into my name, so I'll have a rummage and if it's easily findable I'll let you know. The PSP is long gone but I'm sure that's still floating around
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I've got Lumines, Rev threw it in when I bought his PSP.  I've never used the discs, you can have it if you want.
  • Cocko posted that while I was upstairs looking for it.  Got that and Everybody's Golf.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    I'm after lumines PSP. I'm selling a bunch of GC and PlayStation 1/2 classics on 20 March, when I'm in Paris. Incidentally, if anyone wants any rare games I can buy em for you there. Tend to be fair prices. PM if you're interested in some of these games. Rarest are, I think, Vandal Hearts PS1, Raiden 3, Ikaruga, and some other shmup with a V at the end from those guys who do shmup. All fair non pisstake offrlers considered, I'll probably swap them in France for a VR unit or pspro

Hit me with your GameCube stick
    Hit me
    Hit me
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    In which case if you're missing the case I'll just see if I have that, as there's a chance the umd was in the PSP when I lent it out
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Got the box too.  If you can find Ikaruga on Gamecube in your box I have the box and manual to that somewhere.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I should have them altogether for that weee beastie

Though I've got a terrible feeling that another friend I loaned my cube and DC to, might have taken a bunch of my games to CEX, I guess I'll find out soon enough. But I swear If I've got FIFA 08 instead of Viewtiful Joe and Ikaruga Ima kill that little chef prick
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Really want to play Viewtiful Joe now
  • I was saying that in the cafe yesterday.  I didn't finish a lot of games during that generation that I wish I had.
  • @Escape, any interest in a JXD7800B?  It's borked, but not for a man like yourself.  One of the speakers has gone and the power button doesn't work as a result of a tumble from the TV stand.  It worked for a couple of months after the drop, but I knew I couldn't turn it on again if I ever let the battery die, and obviously I eventually forgot and let the battery die.  Oh, and the dpad needs too firm a thumb for down, but it's been like that since day 1.   Would do it on a no fix no fee system.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    I'm after lumines PSP. I'm selling a bunch of GC and PlayStation 1/2 classics on 20 March, when I'm in Paris. Incidentally, if anyone wants any rare games I can buy em for you there. Tend to be fair prices. PM if you're interested in some of these games. Rarest are, I think, Vandal Hearts PS1, Raiden 3, Ikaruga, and some other shmup with a V at the end from those guys who do shmup. All fair non pisstake offrlers considered, I'll probably swap them in France for a VR unit or pspro

Hit me with your GameCube stick
    Hit me
    Hit me

Well I think you wanted to buy some last time, can't find what doe. Maybe in Twitter dms
  • cockbeard wrote:
    In which case if you're missing the case I'll just see if I have that, as there's a chance the umd was in the PSP when I lent it out

Buy you a pint / health juice for it in Wandsworth
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I now own most of them. Only one would interest me is ikaruga but I'd genuinely need to see an expected price on it otherwise may grab in Japan.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    @Escape, any interest in a JXD7800B?

Not really, sorry. My U idea was for Breath of t'Wild with emu on the side.

The d-pad'll be a mechanical problem, so that should be fixable (although there are reasons why it might not be), and if the speaker's not down to a snagged or broken wire, you might still be able to get a replacement from China for a few quid.

But unless the power button's a simple wiring fix for its switch, that might point to a deeper problem. Have you tried a paperclip in its reset hole while it's charging? Chinese power adaptors are notorious for their poor quality, and the 7800's not the best-designed PCB electrically speaking. In other words, if a chip's gone, those are all ICs that really demand a reworking station and a solder-paste stencil to replace them. And that's if those chips are even available outside of wholesale. Chances are that your PB only needs to be reseated or resoldered, but I wouldn't rule out something more complex.

I think your best bet is to take it apart to see if the speaker wire's caught on anything, and if so, it might work once you've freed it. Does it give static or anything? And you might get lucky with your PB and find that it's just fallen off of its hinges. If it's anything like a Sony pad, it'll have cheap bits of plastic supporting it. Removing the PCB should just be a matter of unplugging a few orange ribbon cables, where you lift up their locking catches and pull 'em out. I dunno how many screws it's mounted with, so you'd wanna be careful not to miss any.
  • The PB just had the mechanism snapped in the fall, I think.  The button just sits in its housing now, there's no click or movement.  A reset while charging might turn it on, in which case it'll be working fine again, I'll try that, thanks.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yeah, shoulder buttons tend to be held in place by piddly bits of plastic. If nothing's snapped off, you can reseat them.

Immediate workaround for the speaker is obviously headphones.
  • Mad Max PS4 - £8 delivered.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    On monday ill have an extra switch copy of botw- will let it go for £39 delivered, or someone who will buy me bomberman r
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mad Max PS4 - £8 delivered.

I'll take that Moot... if nobody else has already?
  • You're the first.  Let's hit the PMs.
  • You're in for a fucking treat, Mike. It's one of the games of the generation.
  • I really enjoyed it.  There are some thoughts in the 52 games thread.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Anyone interested in a PS3 Slim 120GB? One controller and cables, preferably for localish handover rather than post. Been gathering dust for a while now so will be heading to CEX at the weekend if no takers.

Also putting Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U on ebay later this week but thought I'd check if anyone here wants either first.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    In order to declutter / part fund my Switch I'm looking to part with the following -- - 'New' 3DS (White) - Pokémon Moon

Pummed.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Is anyone in need of 3TB of SATA hard drive storage?

$_86.JPG

I bought it in the beginning of January and only used it for a few weeks. Basically I fucked up because I was going to return it to Amazon but due to being poorly and busy I missed the return window. I stopped using it and got a similar Seagate one instead, just because I found the WD one slightly too annoying noise wise. It's actually pretty quiet mostly but there's a kind of small high pitched whine that I found bothersome.

Keep in mind though that I am VERY very fussy about noise from my computer, and have gone to great lengths to silence it. For example I've been mounting my hard drives by suspending them on shock cord in an old hard drive cage (this makes a big difference BTW), and I pulled the small fans off of my GPU and zip-tied on a couple of 120mm "magnetic levitation" bearing fans. All hard drives are inherently noisy buggers, and the Seagate one I'm using isn't actually much better in terms of noise annoyingly. So I'm planning on using the connector part of my USB 3.0 HDD dock with it and mounting the drive within that on the shock cord, with the cables for it running in and out of the case so I can easily switch it off when it's not needed, than I should have a virtually silent system on idle. So yeah I'm crazy :D

It should have a 3 year warranty which I havent activated, so I can probably send over the invoice print out for that.

£75 with postage.
  • Samsung HM251HI 2.5" Laptop HDD 250gb.
    Got this listed on eBay for £20 delivered. Will sell or trade happily with a super bonus badger discount.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!