PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Sweet.
  • It had been out for a year by the time I bought it (£12.99, bargain), and I think most of the glitches had been ironed out with patches by then.  I got stuck on a rock on horseback at one point, but other than that it was hiccup free.  Never played the dlc, not big on zombies but it looked substantial.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Still makes me laugh.

V4TvcCm.jpg
  • 10 years old yesterday
    The Forum Herald™
  • Was a great game.

Still not played the second.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Bob wrote:
    10 years old yesterday

Happy Birthday, Bob. You don't look a day over 40.
  • Was a great game. Still not played the second.

Best keep it that way, partner.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Was a great game. Still not played the second.

Best keep it that way, partner.

Yeah, I've heard mixed opinions.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Was a great game.

I tried three times to get through the fucking sequel. I never did finish it. Never has a game been so unbelievably gorgeous to look at, yet so utterly ponderous and boring to play. It was exhausting.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Was a great game.

I tried three times to get through the fucking sequel. I never did finish it. Never has a game been so unbelievably gorgeous to look at, yet so utterly ponderous and boring to play. It was exhausting.

This is also me. The most incredible trudge.
    The first is a bit special. Pacing on some parts of that is incredible, particularly as you are going after some of the gang. Still looks great, too. I've kept my 360 copy just because it's so great.
  • Aye, me too. I can't think of another series that I bounce off soooooooo hard. I should love it, but it's just not for me.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm struggling with 2 and would like to get back into it, but the original Red Dead holds a special place in my heart. I don't think I've liked /enjoyed playing an in game character as much as John Marston. The story just got me hooked.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Having said that if Cain was playable in Binary Domain that would probably change.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    I'm struggling with 2 and would like to get back into it, but the original Red Dead holds a special place in my heart. I don't think I've liked /enjoyed playing an in game character as much as John Marston. The story just got me hooked.

This is me and my Arthur in the sequel. Never has there been a more honourable cowboy.
  • Eric wrote:
    Having said that if Cain was playable in Binary Domain that would probably change.

I feel u bro
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Was a great game. Still not played the second.
    This is also me. The most incredible trudge. The first is a bit special. Pacing on some parts of that is incredible, particularly as you are going after some of the gang. Still looks great, too. I've kept my 360 copy just because it's so great.

I'd probably take a remaster of RDR over RDR2. Give me the look of the sequel but the pace and character of the first. I never got to really sink time into undead nightmare so that would give me a reason to go back. But I loved that first one - depsite the second having more 'more' I dont feel as free to just wander like I felt I could in the first.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think the thing is the first one actually moves at quite a clip when it gets to it, and the last third is compelling you through missions you want to do.

I feel the same with GTA4 Vs 5- the former actually has better missions (Paddy!) Vs the latter's pad over 3 protags.
  • It’s the same old rock* shit they have the money to make amazing worlds but they game mechanics are as archaic as ever
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye but the world is always well worth a poke
  • Yeah for a few hours. Rockstar stories have always gone on for far too long. They need a total overhaul of their game mechanics - they're archaic nowadays.
  • I suppose its the price for how deep you want to make your world. But as a games player, I really dont want needless chores and over-prolonged dialogue getting in the way of the actual gameplay. Granted I didnt get that far into RDR2 but I found a lot of the dialogue points were overlong and while I'm all for atmosphere and world building, the dialogue still needed to be more engrossing. 

But looking back, when I played RDR1 I was married but had no child with a job that while demanding allowed for plenty of down time. Now, job is more demanding, have a child, wife has more on her plate as well and I guess I dont have as much down time for games like this.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I have no kids and all the free time in the world and i cant be arsed with long, drawn out epics anymore. Probably a sign of age beyond anything.

Saying that im taking time off for Cyberpunk, already told the missus.
  • Yeah, there's definitely an age/generational element to things. There are so many games (RDR2 included) that I pretty much rule out these days, on account of how expansive they are. Married life and kids have put an end to long gaming sessions. Any game with 'side quests' just make me sigh a little these days. I'm slightly thankful for the lockdown, as I've finally found time to play BOTW, but come the return of 'normality' I'll most likely have to revert back to shorter/tighter narratives.
  • I have no kids and all the free time in the world and i cant be arsed with long, drawn out epics anymore. Probably a sign of age beyond anything.

Saying that im taking time off for Cyberpunk, already told the missus.

I’m the same except I can be bothered when some thing grabs me I find the time - half an hour before the boy wakes half an hour after the bus (non corona) etc
    The Forum Herald™
  • Wish I had all the time in the world. :(
  • I have no kids and all the free time in the world and i cant be arsed with long, drawn out epics anymore. Probably a sign of age beyond anything. Saying that im taking time off for Cyberpunk, already told the missus.

When’s ‘Punk due out?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I have no kids and all the free time in the world and i cant be arsed with long, drawn out epics anymore. Probably a sign of age beyond anything. Saying that im taking time off for Cyberpunk, already told the missus.

When’s ‘Punk due out?

17th September
  • kestla wrote:
    Yeah, there's definitely an age/generational element to things. There are so many games (RDR2 included) that I pretty much rule out these days, on account of how expansive they are. Married life and kids have put an end to long gaming sessions. Any game with 'side quests' just make me sigh a little these days. I'm slightly thankful for the lockdown, as I've finally found time to play BOTW, but come the return of 'normality' I'll most likely have to revert back to shorter/tighter narratives.

Side quests is fine, but a side quest in rdr2 can take ages. There's plenty of expansive games where you can drop in for 30 minutes and get a mission or task done. I didn't feel that option for rdr2 especially if you fail and want to try a repeat. I think I gave up when the same mission kept eating up my game time with dialogue.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I wonder if they'd just stuck to 'normal' controls in RDR2 rather than making everything so convoluted that more people would've played through it. I really enjoyed my time with RDR2 but haven't gone back in a long time. Partly because there are a lot of complicated mechanics, partly because the controls mean you never feel totally at ease playing it, and partly because I know I need to sit down for more than 30 mins to play it. 

I know it's a conscious design choice of theirs, and to try and make it feel like an actual cowboy, that controlling your horse and shooting a gun is not an easy task...but I get the impression those that bounced off was because of those things? 

My memory of RDR is that is was way more 'gamey' than RDR2.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!