The B&B Question Of The Day
  • There's room for a tasteless joke here, but i'll play it sensible. A whole parma-hammed pig, a biltonged cow, some pink and blue fizzy bottle sweets, a Greek salad, and large glass of cola with a slice

Revision

We're allowed loads, right? I'd like to add to the list

- a lamb (cooked)
    - assortment of sauces
    - salted popcorn
    - one of each illegal drug
    - freshly pressed blueberry juice (NOT DILUTED WITH APPLE OR ORANGE OR BANANA OR SOME SHIT LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO IN THE SHOPS. FUCK YOU, SHOPS)
    - floral gums
    - one of those lollipop sweets with a whistle built into the stick. Watermelon flavour. Could make for some interesting last hours
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also that guy has fat hands.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    There's room for a tasteless joke here, but i'll play it sensible. A whole parma-hammed pig, a biltonged cow, some pink and blue fizzy bottle sweets, a Greek salad, and large glass of cola with a slice
    Revision We're allowed loads, right? I'd like to add to the list 
    - a lamb (cooked) 
    - assortment of sauces 
    - salted popcorn 
    - one of each illegal drug 
    - freshly pressed blueberry juice (NOT DILUTED WITH APPLE OR ORANGE OR BANANA OR SOME SHIT LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO IN THE SHOPS. FUCK YOU, SHOPS) 
    - floral gums 
    - one of those lollipop sweets with a whistle built into the stick. Watermelon flavour. 
    - wedding cake
    - menses

Could make for some interesting last hours
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Floral gums aren't a bad shout either. Wine gums would do too, albeit NO CITRUS.
  • It was birthday cake, btw, Skerret. Because it was my birthday. thnx for remembering.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Wedding cake, I said.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Floral gums aren't a bad shout either. Wine gums would do too, albeit NO CITRUS.

YES

Here's a golden rule, which i figured out myself-

The best sweets are berry flavoured whilst the worst ones are citrus. The best ice lollies are citrus flavoured, whilst the worst ones are berry based

I have, however, never tried a blueberry ice snack before. Bet it would be pretty great

Oh, and i want a pink grapefruit calippo.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Last meals aren't quite anything you want:
    Sure, but he might not get it. Final meals are generally limited to food that can be prepared on-site. Virginia prisons have a 28-day rotating menu—for example, hot dogs on the first day of the cycle, chili on the second day, etc.—and prisoners facing imminent execution are limited to one of the 28. Other states are more flexible. In Texas, the chef at the Huntsville unit where executions take place tries to accommodate any order. But sometimes that means cooking a close approximate. When an inmate requests filet mignon—which happens a lot—the chef will instead cook up a steak hamburger, since that's what they already have in the kitchen. When a Texas inmate requested 24 tacos, the chef made four. In Florida, last meals must be purchased locally and can't cost more than $40. Alcohol is almost never allowed, since the prisons don't want rowdy inmates on their hands.
  • Not convinced blueberries carry sufficient tang to survive conversion to lollyhood.
  • It's just a flavour i really go for. Same as pink grapefruit, although i actually dislike grapefruits pink or otherwise
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Sure, but he might not get it. Final meals are generally limited to food that can be prepared on-site. Virginia prisons have a 28-day rotating menu—for example, hot dogs on the first day of the cycle, chili on the second day, etc.—and prisoners facing imminent execution are limited to one of the 28. Other states are more flexible. In Texas, the chef at the Huntsville unit where executions take place tries to accommodate any order. But sometimes that means cooking a close approximate. When an inmate requests filet mignon—which happens a lot—the chef will instead cook up a steak hamburger, since that's what they already have in the kitchen. When a Texas inmate requested 24 tacos, the chef made four. In Florida, last meals must be purchased locally and can't cost more than $40. Alcohol is almost never allowed, since the prisons don't want rowdy inmates on their hands.

Fuck. So there i'd be- mouth-watering- eagerly awaiting my slab of biltong, parcel of drugs, and an ice cold coke, only to be greeted with beef jerky, a panda pop and a paracetamol. Worst day of my life just got worse.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Also that guy has fat hands.

Americano.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Fuck. So there i'd be- mouth-watering- eagerly awaiting my slab of biltong, parcel of drugs, and an ice cold coke, only to be greeted with beef jerky, a panda pop and a paracetamol. Worst day of my life just got worse.
    And it's personally delivered by pan man who almost certainly pissed in the pop mix before it froze.
  • I watched a really interesting program on National Geographic about Death Row and the last meal a few months back.

Apparently it's very common for the prisoner to hardly touch his food before death and because of this, the kitchen chefs put every effort into the meal as most of the time, it comes back - and they get to feast on it.

The prison in question in the program I watched ordered in the best ingredients for the last meal. So if someone wanted steak, they'd order in fillet steak etc.
  • I reckon a prison could knock up most of mine.

Chicken, potatoes, coleslaw, ice cream, root beer are all likely to be in a prison kitchen in merica.

The jerk seasoning might be a bit ropey and I might not get cholula.

I will put the Cholula lady as my next of kin, that way they have to give me the hot sauce.
  • Why did they stop selling root beer in England? Most people i know who've tried it liked it. They even used to have it in Macdonalds
  • Easy Cherry flavoured Pez

Props to anyone who gets where that's from
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It is a proper marmite thing I think, the good stuff is the corn syrupy american stuff. Corn syrup doesnt get used much over here.

Asda sell a sort of own brand in six packs, other than that it is just import.

I proper love the stuff though. Bodeans do an awesome alcoholic ice cream float. Iirc it is vanilla ice cream, root beer flavoured vodka and cream soda.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    I watched a really interesting program on National Geographic about Death Row and the last meal a few months back.

Apparently it's very common for the prisoner to hardly touch his food before death and because of this, the kitchen chefs put every effort into the meal as most of the time, it comes back - and they get to feast on it.

The prison in question in the program I watched ordered in the best ingredients for the last meal. So if someone wanted steak, they'd order in fillet steak etc.

That got a mention in the Werner Herzog death row stuff - might have been that?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It is a proper marmite thing I think, the good stuff is the corn syrupy american stuff. Corn syrup doesnt get used much over here. Asda sell a sort of own brand in six packs, other than that it is just import. I proper love the stuff though. Bodeans do an awesome alcoholic ice cream float. Iirc it is vanilla ice cream, root beer flavoured vodka and cream soda.

Those Asda ones are shit though. Real shame though. Every time my mate goes to the states he brings me back a bottle. One of the best carbonated drinks available.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Person - if I'm honest my dad as he was about 30 years go - before the bottle took it's toll. Hitler is a good call though - to speak to him either at the beginning or the end to see if there was any humility - I plan to read the Ian Kershaw bio on him at some point.

Grub: Leg of lamb, roast, mash , trimmings and gravy. Good chocolate cake.
  • Yeah I would rather have 1 can of import stuff than 6 asda ones for the same price.
  • Sachertorte. That's a good chococake.
  • davyK wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    I watched a really interesting program on National Geographic about Death Row and the last meal a few months back.

That got a mention in the Werner Herzog death row stuff - might have been that?

Yep I think you are right.

EDIT: You are correct, just looked it up.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Easy Cherry flavoured Pez Props to anyone who gets where that's from
    I'll take those props Vern.
  • For sure. There are some foods and snacks i dont like to cut corners with. These include:

- ketchup
    - mayo
    - root beer
    - coke/pepsi (although fritz cola over here is pretty great)
    - cigarettes
    - vodka

I would also add to my list a pack of monster munch, chipsticks, and wotsits. Getting a bit greedy now
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Sachertorte. That's a good chococake.
    Indeed.  The raw version is superior.
  • You will be sick on your big day.

Yeah agree with all of those on corner cutting (other than cigs as I dont smoke).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Sachertorte. That's a good chococake.

That looks the business.

Always wanted to try root beer - don't think it made it's way as far as NI - however an American sweet shop popped up before Christmas in town that seems to be still going - may give that try. Steven King makes a great description of drinking a root beer in his book "11.22.63" - when the character first goes back in time and drinks a root beer served from a tap.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!