Aliens Colonial Marines
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

Heh indeed.  I remember being skeptical of this, and someone quoting old Randy Pitchfork saying it'd be the best version.
    “Oh wow. Yes okay. I was hoping someone would ask this. I have played the WiiU version. The one that is supposedly the best of all of them? It is not. It is the worst. It is a bit of a joke. The WiiU is basically the same game as the console version but with framerate issues, worse texture loading, and horrendously misguided minigames thrown in. You get a ‘scanner’ to scan enemies and get bonus points that aid your harming them. When you cut open doors (which happens a lot in the game) you have a game where you have to keep the heat ‘optimal’. They just add frustration, and take away even more from the fun. We don’t know if it will come out, Sega are conisdering canceling it, but right now its still going.” - [font=Lucida Grande, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif normal]game tester[/font] 
  • That same article goes on to say this is how the franchise is going to be saved.

image_18888_thumb_wide940.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    So, not only did they fuck up what should have been freaking amazing, they also managed to make what should have been the best version the worst? Was the game coded by chimps or something?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    not only did they fuck up what should have been freaking amazing

A permanent Motion Tracker necessitates an overhaul of multi-platform scripting. An effort that was seemingly too much for them even before the U's problems.
  • Number UNO in dem UK chartz
    That is right, more people bought this game this week than any other game. MORE PEOPLE,ANY OTHER GAME
  • These people are muppets.
  • I was looking for an Alien muppet but found this lollers!

White+Alien.jpg
  • Yeah, them review embargoes catch out a lot of people.
  • Whoops, can't copy image URL on iPad.
  • It's already on sale at £27 on shopto.  Seems expensive for a shit sandwich to me.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Shouldn't the WiiU version have just removed the motion tracker from the screen and put it on the gamepad instead?
    Surely it would have heightened the terror making you look away from the screen to see where the 'pips' were?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I'm actually well looking forward to playing this, kinda like looking forward to watching a terrible film purely to see how terrible it is. Does anyone here actually have it?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I got this on rental. Its not the best game but then its not the worse game, Its just really average. There is a few good bits and in one level they nail the atmosphere perfectly. For every other time it looks like its going to work, something stupid happens like an alien falling through the scenery or the AI pops up in yo face. 

Online is good, but its very niche. I could only do a few of each gametype. Its good multiplayer for say a forum game, loads of tactics and fun to be had. Funny enough its only multiplayer where you get the true horror,jump scares and tension.
    I played a bit through co op and it is better with friends, treat it as a cheap whore you can pass around friends and theres fun to be had. The story is shite though and once youve played it once you wont really want to jumo back in again in any hurry.

The COD style challenges do add that something else, as does the ability to upgrade weapons. Especially like the way your rank in SP is also your rank in MP. But when the challenges force you to play online in order to unlock the next one, thats when I dropped out of the unlock all challenges race.

For what its worth and that in itself isnt much, get it for a tenner and your be happy for a few nights.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Already have a free copy waiting to be opened, been sitting there since launch! Would like some kind of forum mp but I'm guessing it's hardly worth it unless we have a good number of peeps, which I doubt we do.

Anyway, will probably check it out over this week. Doubt I'll finish it but yeah, a few nights of lols no doubt.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    took me just over 5 hours to play through on normal, even less if you play online co op.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Shouldn't the WiiU version have just removed the motion tracker from the screen and put it on the gamepad instead? Surely it would have heightened the terror making you look away from the screen to see where the 'pips' were?

I thought that's what it did. They confirmed that the motion tracker would be on the GamePad ages ago. Then again they promised a decent game with a proper story years ago, too, so who knows.

Talking of being on sale, it's currently being flogged at $70 (~£38), down from an RRP of $110. I'll wait until it hits $40.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    "The game feels like it was made in nine months, and that's because it was," said a source.

Suddenly it all makes sense. Basically: SEGA bought the rights, gave them to Gearbox, but Gearbox were too busy making Borderlands 2, so they gave it to TimeGate. A 'too many cooks' situation followed, with the game being left in development limbo for long periods, before the whole thing was knocked on the head. Something that at least booted was cobbled together and shoved out the door.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Shouldn't the WiiU version have just removed the motion tracker from the screen and put it on the gamepad instead? Surely it would have heightened the terror making you look away from the screen to see where the 'pips' were?
    I thought that's what it did. They confirmed that the motion tracker would be on the GamePad ages ago. Then again they promised a decent game with a proper story years ago, too, so who knows.

That was a crap idea and against part of what they originally said.  For starters, the size of the motion tracker meant you couldn't hold it and wield a 2-handed rifle at the same time, so you should have to switch between them.  Secondly, they said they wanted to do that to enforce the tension so you couldn't just have an all-seeing map out all the time.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Isn't up in the air whether they'll even release the Wii U version?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    That was a crap idea and against part of what they originally said.  For starters, the size of the motion tracker meant you couldn't hold it and wield a 2-handed rifle at the same time, so you should have to switch between them.  Secondly, they said they wanted to do that to enforce the tension so you couldn't just have an all-seeing map out all the time.

Citation needed, because that's the exact opposite of what I remember reading.

And we've been over this before, but I don't feel that it'd be a bad idea. Having to switch between on-screen equipment versus having to physically look away from the screen to check your motion tracker? No contest. Latter wins by a country mile. You don't even have to have the MT on your GamePad all the time, they could make it so that you have to tap a button to bring it up. I think it'd really help with immersion, holding something that iconic from film history in your hands.

Well, it would have helped, if the game wasn't utter gash.
  • Lol
    “If you’ve seen all three of the original trilogy, my bet is that after you’ve played Colonial Marines that Alien 3 becomes a better movie. That’s my bet - call me out on that after you’ve played the game.

I'd call you out, Randy, if you didn't publicly say you'd block anyone on Twitter who criticised the game...!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!