A thread for the pets
  • SHE IS A SMOL POTAT I LOVE HER
  • Gremill wrote:
    Been to see her now and have put down a deposit. Good God she's gorgeous:
    XPYRkZS.jpg

• I'd love a dog but can't devote enough time to one given my work (although perhaps future wfh direction will let me, actually). Anyway, I have no dog but I do keep an eye out for quality dog gifs/content and wanted to share these two with you guys.

(Not meaning to derail Grem's splendid new addition to the family :) )

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/hcenzz/tippy_taps_and_loving_eyes_that_will_melt_your/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/hcdhp9/legend_says_hes_still_running/
  • To be honest Nick, that I'm now going to be WFH for the foreseeable future was a major reason why were now able to get a dog.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That might be the chunchiest dog ever
  • Gremill wrote:
    To be honest Nick, that I'm now going to be WFH for the foreseeable future was a major reason why were now able to get a dog.

I'm thinking this as well of late. Really want to get a dog. But not sure where to go... Was thinking rescue but with having an 8 year old and a 6 month old in the house it's difficult to find a dog suitable :(
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I may just steal Grems new dog
  • Gremill wrote:
    To be honest Nick, that I'm now going to be WFH for the foreseeable future was a major reason why were now able to get a dog.

I've honestly been thinking about it, my place have been open in saying people can wfh to suit them moving forward, virus or not. Most of the team I manage are in Spain, and by next year it'll be the entire team, with just me heading things up in London, so I'm thinking 2 days in, 3 wfh, and I get a dog-walker for 2 days.

Will have a think on it.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Gremill wrote:

I'm thinking this as well of late. Really want to get a dog. But not sure where to go... Was thinking rescue but with having an 8 year old and a 6 month old in the house it's difficult to find a dog suitable :(

We were looking at dogs on the Tendercare site (one of the organisations that rescue dogs from death row in Romania), but this one came out of the blue and was exactly what we were looking for. I know a few people who have gotten drugs from that route and have nothing but praise for them.
  • Gremill wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Gremill wrote:

We were looking at dogs on the Tendercare site (one of the organisations that rescue dogs from death row in Romania), but this one came out of the blue and was exactly what we were looking for. I know a few people who have gotten drugs from that route and have nothing but praise for them.

Well that took a turn
  • Lol. What does that say about what my autocorrect has learned over the years?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cooper has landed!

He's currently sniffing the entire house. Totally chilled out, and wants tickles constantly. I'll do some pics in a bit.

• Grem, your wee pup there is OUTSTANDING. And red fox labs are brilliant dogs.

I met a red fox lab / poodle cross recently and she was the most amazing wee thing. Made me think that mix is a possibility for our second dog, when we move somewhere with more space.

And Pea, that’s cracking news. HAPPY COOPER DAY.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Haven't taken many, too busy playing with the little fella.

He's a right character. I expected an evening of him being timid and hiding as he got accustomed to the house. Nope. Any noise he hears he's over and investigating. Follows us round the house, demands tickles. Loves his bed, and is straight over on your lap when you sit down.

What a guy.

dRPs9EQ.jpg

IPaYY6t.jpg
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hmm, round enclosed spaces, check the pea-zza oven before every use
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yay! Toot toot baws oot in his new gaff, we love to see it.

Today toby melted

UBjsjBr.jpg
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    :D

Wanna borrow the pea-zza slice to scoop him back up?
  • That's a top cat there Pea.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    All our budgies did was crap on our heads.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I had a budgie growing up that was almost as chatty.  55 phrases at final count, the best being 'here's looking at you, kid' and 'turned out nice again'.  All my dad's handiwork.  Took him to school on the last day of term twice, where he predictably clammed up for the whole day.  Had a terrible run at keeping my own in my early 20's - one went out a window, one died from a weird growth on its beak and one fell in a bucket of bleach.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    We had a pair - they were so much into each other they didn't need us for company.

They started setting up a nest in our plastic Jaws game once....

A budgie nestbox some time in the late 70s.....

https://horrorpediadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/jaws2.jpg
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • When I worked at the zoo, we had a schizophrenic parrot, a wee African grey. In the morning it'd call itself pepe and speak with a soft sweet voice. In the afternoon it would call itself jojo and use a deep voice. Jojo was a wee dick, he'd tip his food out and bash the dish off the bars of his cage. Aggressive as well, would bite if you went near him, but when he was pepe, would sit on your shoulders and let you stroke him. Funny wee bugger.

Also, top cat pea!

And Grem, that dug is ridonkulous, what a wee cracker!
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    When I worked at the zoo, we had a schizophrenic parrot, a wee African grey. In the morning it'd call itself pepe and speak with a soft sweet voice. In the afternoon it would call itself jojo and use a deep voice. Jojo was a wee dick, he'd tip his food out and bash the dish off the bars of his cage. Aggressive as well, would bite if you went near him, but when he was pepe, would sit on your shoulders and let you stroke him. Funny wee bugger. 

Amazing
  • He/she was one of the easiest ones to work with.

There was olive, a hybrid macaw that had been captive bred in a Swedish zoo, so technically a buffwing (cross between a buffons and a greenwing macaw) absolutely beautiful and scary intelligent, could do every trick. Also hyper aggressive towards all the other birds, with the exception of rolf, a big greenwing. (she had also been trained by a left handed trainer, so if you tried to pick her up from the right, she'd take your fingers off. She also escaped her cage one night, went along the row of cages, then attacked a wee patagonian conure called Sonia that had stuck her head through the bars. We found her in the morning with most of her beak missing, thankfully the vet was able to superglue it back on. Honestly.)

So, we had to keep rolf between olive and the others, long as olive had a direct line of sight to him, she was cool.

Rolf had depression, he plucked his feathers. He had pair bonded with a sweet wee blue and gold macaw called minnie. So as long as he was next to her, he was cool.

Then there was scruffy, another blue and gold, he was our talking bird in the show, and a mischievous wee bugger.
    He fancied minnie, so as long as he was on the other side of her, he was happy, minnie wasn't fussed by him, she was happy as long as she was next to rolf.

Finally there was Claude, another wee blue and gold, with a squinty lower mandible on his beak. He painted, among other things. We reckon he fancied scruffy, so we'd sit him the other side, he was happy. I think scruff just wanted to be friends with him though!

And that was just the macaws. Had 2 African greys, 2 patagonian conures, 2 quaker parakeets (the only parrot that actually builds a nest, rather than using an existing hollow of some sort), 2 rainbow lorikeets, and finally my favourite - bindi, a beautiful wee citron crested cockatoo. She was an absolute pet, would sit on my shoulder all day long, preening my sideburns. Used to wander round the zoo with her in between shows, she'd wave at folk and say hello.

Fun times.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!