A thread for the pets
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I went for an epic walk today. Found some woods that look like that bit in the Mortal Kombat movie with Scorpion so I harpooned Clayton. 20210420-121047.jpg Then found a lost German Sheperd. Luckily she had a tag with a number, gave it a call and the owner came to get her. The owner caught up with me later in the walk and gave me a bottle of wine which was nice. ]
    Good work Liv!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Cheers man.
    It was a lovely dog, had a good play with Clayton as well.

It was 20 months old. Escaped from the guy's garden chasing a deer.
  • Yikes. Good work Liv, and a bottle well earned.

Funnily enough, our arsehole neighbour lost his dog today. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, arsehole or not. The old vizsla turned up in a neighbouring field half an hour later, thankfully.
  • Its my worst nightmare.

Actually Clay being stolen is the absolute nightmare. I'm pretty sure I would go full Taken.
  • Bait dog stealing is my worst fear. So hideous it should probably go in spoiler tags.

Top work Liv and top marks for the guy to catch you up with a drink for your efforts.
  • My last dog ran away in a strange city and I was absolutely fucking terrified. I was stopping overnight at a B&B in Halifax and took her out for a walk in the morning. Found a nearby park, let her off the lead for a run about, and she got spooked by some dogs coming the other way. Bolted at full speed, away and out of sight. I was totally distraught. Wandering the streets in a strange city shouting on my dog. I decided to try retracing my steps and sure enough, I went back to the B&B and she was sitting beside my car in their car park.
  • That's apparently what dogs do - if they get lost they will retrace their route back to its origin.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • #notalldogs

One of ours escaped the garden when I was a kid. I was home alone, so again I freaked out. Had half the village out searching for him within an hour, and eventually found him on the playing fields at the opposite side of the village. Quite happy with himself, just wandering about exploring.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My last family dog went missing twice, the first time the door was left open so she decided to take herself for a walk around the local cemetery (her usual walk spot) and was found wandering around there quite happily.

The second time was after her walk when my dad managed to close the front door without letting her in. He realised an hour later, rushed to the door and opened it to find her sitting there waiting to be let in.
  • Good work, Liv, and impressive navigation skills to your last dog, Pop.

We'd only had Holly three months or so when she was spooked by fireworks in the park. It was already dark so so when she bolted we lost track of her instantly. She's my first dog, my phone was broke and I'd left it at home accidentally anyway. Ohmigod the panic.

Ran all over the park, chasing after anything that looked like an LED light. Since we hadn't had her long we had no idea if she would make it home on her own.

After maybe 40 mins I drove home to grab my phone, went back to the park and finally got the phone working to find a voicemail. Some dude picked her up cos she looked lost and took her back home to the details on her tag. Left her with the neighbours who were good enough to take her in. Never been so relieved. Have since developed an intense dislike of fireworks.
  • I accidentally left Bramble outside for about an hour on Christmas Day once. He went down for a garden wee and the front door got shut while I was flapping about trying to cook for everyone. No-one realised until the neighbours knocked, I guess I couldn't hear his whining over all the Wizzard. Guilt!
  • Theres a spate of dog nappings by us atm. Absolute fuckers. Jumping fences to get dogs left out in sunny weather and mugging people on dog walks.

I dont think my pitty would tolerate a fence jumper, but the thought of someone trying to grab her on a walk. Fucking hell.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Someone really needs to invent a tracking chip for pets that can be surgically implanted and which pings out a GPS location.
  • Tobes right back at it again

hhPeg5C.jpg

What a boy.
  • Cats know what's up.
  • Lol what a heap
  • What is a fron.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    What is a fron.

Isn't it what a Scottish monarch sits on?

• Shoutout btw to the "ferrets of tiktok" tag, endless entertainment. They're so cute and funny.
  • Skippy garage choonz are a good fit for ferrets, yeah.
  • Warning: my dog sadly died

So my heart broke yesterday.

IMG-20210425-145113-974.jpg

Poor Meg, she was dying and we didn't know, bleeding internally from aggressive liver cancer, so we did as the vet suggested and said goodbye to her, but outside on the grass. My parents, brother and I. It was horrible but we knew that if one of us wasn't there, she would be fretting. One second she was sat upright, the next, lying on the grass with her head in my arms. She even offered up her paw for the vet to administer the injection, it's like she knew it was her time. Nothing can prepare you for that moment, but we did it for Meg.

Please all hug your pets extra tonight and give them extra treatos, because you never know when they will be gone. She was fine Saturday, just her normal, mischievous self. Our hearts are shattered.

Thank you for reading <3
  • I'm so sorry, pug. Hugs and love, you'll get through this.

Stay strong.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ah. Crap.

It's been a long time since I owned a dog (>30 yrs ago) but I remember the heartbreak as if it were yesterday.

Take care. Remember the joy.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sorry ZMM, terrible feeling.
  • Yeah, that's awful.
  • Beautiful dog. Sorry for your loss zmm.
  • Condolences. Nice sendoff though, did well there.
  • Absolutely stunning photo. What a dog. So sorry for your loss. We’re all here if you need anything, or if you just want to share memories of the good times.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!