Saints Row 4 - I don't wanna miss a thing
  • Skill up says its terrible.
    https://youtu.be/T-hsMkWHMLU

Kinda funny say buggy, boring bad.
    2/5
    https://youtu.be/H8MY3SxW83U
  • My Australian brother also thinks it's a broken mess...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Was gonna post that too g man but wasn't sure if I should because of the name on it.
  • Hahaha. OMG that spoiler 10 mins into SkillUps review.
    Thats like New Vegas hilarity.

TBF at least he flags it, not his usual spoiler drop.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    I pressed the button.
    eurogamer and gamesradar both averase reviews but had lots of silly fun so it seems….EG mention guns fee good and driving is nice……havent bought anything “big” in a while and tbh its the nostalgia. I’m looking forward to some brainless shooting
    rest less
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't think there's ever been a good Saints Row. Always been a GTA knock off with a few shit gimmicks to distract from the sub par base gameplay. Dubstep gun my arse
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Embracer Group off to a winner.
  • I don't think there's ever been a good Saints Row. Always been a GTA knock off with a few shit gimmicks to distract from the sub par base gameplay. Dubstep gun my arse
    This!
  • Good news. It seems they have removed the silly and left just the buggy bland gameplay.
  • I paid $80AUD for this.  It is downloading now.  IT IS GOING TO BE GOOD.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • For a £20 account share I thought I’d give it a go. Downloading now.
  • I paid $80AUD for this.  It is downloading now.  IT IS GOING TO BE GOOD.

Keep the faith brother I'm with you DAY ONE EDITION!!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hopefully Amazon are delivering it today
    The Forum Herald™
  • Looks and runs like shit on all of them?
  • Bob wrote:
    I paid $80AUD for this.  It is downloading now.  IT IS GOING TO BE GOOD.
    Keep the faith brother I'm with you DAY ONE EDITION!!

Ooh sorry mate, I'm out!  My PC experience is:

*I tried to load it 3 times and it didn't work, saying I need to agree to the Epic Game Store terms and conditions or something.  I tried a 4th time and it loaded
    *...but the button mapping on my xbox pad is all buggered.  Like A is B, LT is Start, the left analogue stick doesn't work at all.
    *Tried it on other games and the gamepad works normally.
    *Restarted and I'm back to it wanting me to agree to the terms and conditions, and when it lets me play the gamepad is still buggered.

Oh well still eligible for a refund!
  • SkillUp mentioned that first issue.
    Said he had to spam it for up to 10 mins to get it to load. I thought it might be because he was on pre-release code or something. Oh dear.
  • Oof.  Guess I got lucky only having to wait a few minutes to get in!  

Bit of a downer, I was really looking forward to this tonight.  But on the positive side - Epic were super quick with the refund (the money was back in my PayPal almost instantly), and I imagine this game will be patched and half price (if not on game pass) in a few months.  So we'll have another look later.
  • Thats good on the refund. The way it should be.
  • Postie has let me down
    The Forum Herald™
  • More like saved you from the sounds of it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    2 hours of this.

It really is atrocious hahaha. atrocious in the sense that they havent taken the template anywhere whatsoever………..

I dont feel robbed as I made the choice to buy, yet I’m stunned. It is EXACTLY the same level of fun as the 3rd…..and that was years ago. The graphics and style have not changed at all. Just more……not really sure what…….polished?
    Its total cartoon of course and there are some laughs to be had. The character designer is hilarious for sure. We had the most laughs from giving our 180 pound hulk purple hair, make up and a british ma’m’s voice. 
    Other than that, the world is big but plastic and the NPCs - it all plays like Vice City with a little less life.

weird that they haven’t attempted to add anything new to the idea.

PS

‘ll probably play a little more to see……..what though? It does feel like dead time when there are so many other great games to play.
    rest less
  • Yeah, I’ve given it an hour or so, it’s rubbish but reasonably fun. Though I am surprised at how rubbish it is…
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Yeah, I’ve given it an hour or so, it’s rubbish but reasonably fun. Though I am surprised at how rubbish it is…

right? trying to give it a chance but…….have the designers and writers literally been in cryostasis since the last one they made? like time has not happened…..

rubbish but reasonably fun? yeah that might be spot on…..but that said…..
    rest less
  • It’s so strange. Like you said it’s like a good game from 10 years ago without any input since. From the bottom to the top it’s just so shoddy, the controls aren’t awful but they’re just not very good, the shooting is really floaty, the environments look so shiny and almost silly. Feel a bit like I it’s an adult toy story game and they’re all toy figures.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    yeah exactly those things. you’re spot on….why would anyone do that? 

yeah the shooting - lI found it precise and EXTREMELY easy in combat - like its built for little kids (A little kids game but with stupid amounts of swearing) but there is no haptic feedback at all on the xbox in shooting or I think driving.
    It feels like a freebie tie in game for a kids movie that was made like 12 years back.

I get the cartoon vibe for sure and the following these saints games have. and I get the humour and for a bit of a laugh it is fun for sure but take out the character designer and what do you have?
    I’ll try a few more missions today but……the feeling really is not positive on the whole.
    rest less
  • Amazon emailed to say thay got to delay my day one edition until September 14th.. cancelled.. it'll be half price by then.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    i’ve played another hour or so.

it’s unbelievable how slack this offering is.

I feel entitled to a refund thats how bad it is.

well, live and dont learn…..
    rest less
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I suspect, being a 3 evangelist, if I went back it would be a basic ass game bolstered by what was, at the time, wild and stupid ideas that were so out there you kept playing because you wanted to know what would happen after you were a toilet, or what licensed song would hit next.

4 was definitely a step down but I did like it but I also need to remember I was 26 when 3 came out so being a toilet itself was great.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!