Neptune's Pride 2: Triton
  • How is it decided who the defender is if neither party are on a star?

Whoever gets there first
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • You can't fight in mid space afaik, someone will always get there first, in the very unlikely event that they both arrive at the same time it's the person whose star was closest who assumes defender role I believe.

I just noticed Kow hasn't got any Lv2 tech. Hah. Stupid Kow-aliens. Still got a whole lot o'stars though, and I'm guessing a big army to boot.

Lv2 weapons, 280~ ships, 11 fleets.
  • So combat only takes place on stars ok got it.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • You guys talking about another game? Almost got worried for a nano second there.
  • There are 2 games happening, yes.
  • Shit.

That weapon tech. wasn't showing up earlier.
  • In Game 2 I'm in a similar position to Frantic Pea - I'm on the edge of it all, which is good, but it's going to be impossible for me to expand without hyperspace travel upgrades.
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

Not even enough ships there to destroy the fleet!
  • I fucking hate you, Buck Sexington.

You'll get yours.
  • Any way to spectate on another game?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I kinda lolled when I got to the bottom of the website and it said "Built with assistance from the Australian Government!"
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I really hope there is a post game communications log, I'd love to have a read through everyone's diplomacy efforts.
  • That would be interesting...

EDIT: I've learnt so much from the first game. For those of you in Game 2 who still aren't sure what's going on, you'll pick it up very fast.

Someone from here has joined me in a random game...
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Hmm, just been reading the Help stuff. Am I right in thinking captured stars don't actually give you anything unless you pay to add Industry etc to them?

If so, bugger.
  • Pretty much (I think).

This has been my major error in the first game. I focused too much on expansion without development. Still, as long as you realise early it shouldn't cause any problems.
  • My only issue in this game is that placement is iffy. Certain people get great placement, others get really shitty placement, that makes bartering and alliance an upward struggle. No real way to remedy this sadly, but it'd be nicer if there were more paths out of sectors instead of "through that guy".
  • They could make it so that people who pick their starting spots later get a bigger starting bonus.

I'd prefer random starting positions though as it keeps things interesting as you have to adapt to the situation you find yourself in.

The biggest problem I have with this is that I can see people who go to bed later having a big advantage...
  • You can choose your starting position?
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Pretty much (I think). This has been my major error in the first game. I focused too much on expansion without development. Still, as long as you realise early it shouldn't cause any problems.
    Cool, be interesting to see how the game develops beyond the first phase of land grabbing. I can certainly feel its hooks already sinking in!
  • Whilst I appreciate the glacial pace, the turn based version does intrigue me too.
  • Tempy wrote:
    You can choose your starting position?
    Yup. I chose my starting point in Game 2 so as to try something different.

I am absolutely loving the intrigue and negotiations of Game 1. I hope everyone in Game 2 gets into the spirit, because the communications I've had in the first game have been absolutely superb. Alliances being suggested, born, betrayed and broken, threats cast and retracted, star systems granted to make peace, tech willingly passed to allies.

Marvelous. It's a game as good as the people you play it with, I feel, and everyone has played their part so far. 

Even Buck Sexington. You fucker.
  • Fuck the Dark Alliance

\m/
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I still have no idea who anybody is. Which is cool. Gutted I didn't choose a role playing name now. Ah well, next game I guess.
  • The RPS bods did a war diary for the original. It is a good read.
  • Absolutely, I would recommend that those in game 2 role play as it makes it a thousand times better. Thank you to all playing so far, great fun (loves to Tiger too!)

Now then, can anyone smell something? Oh, its BBQ'd smoked Cerebralisk, mmmmm, so good with FullSpectrums special sauce. If anyone wants to pop over to Skore, there will be plenty to go round in about 6 hours. Served with a special side of whoop ass.

• I hate you so much, Buck. 

But you are making this game a beautiful thing.
  • I'm going to change my name for Game 3 when it happens. Anonymity is a wonderful thing.
  • 2 hours to payday make Cyber Bear happy.

Zane Endorrion has tried to trick the Bear Warriors but we will have our day.
  • Beg for mercy and I might spare you for now.
  • Foolish Fleshling!  I have many ships waiting for you in the shadows.

This is your last chance to accept my proposal, form an alliance with the Cyborg Warrior Bear clan and leave Decrux for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!