Retro Gaming
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have resisted for some time but I finally caved in and ordered the cartridge release of Darius Extra for the Megadrive.

Should be arriving some time this month but Strictly Limited can be a bit sluggish with the deliveries.

edit: delivery is Q3. Not sure why I misread that but I'm happy to wait and when it arrives it will be a nice surprise..
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sagaia came with my Megadrive, quality music. The game was brutal but I have fond memories.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah - this was the game that comes on the mini - massaged by M2. I like the original but it's a 3 screen game and while it got a great port on Switch it's a tad unwieldy even on a 50" screen! This MD conversion seems to have been handled very well. Has a bit of a history - was an abandoned game, then a fan worked on it and now M2 and polished it. Something like that. It was one of the reasons I fancied a mini but this will do instead.
  • Was up at me mums the last few days and she asked me to clear out the game boxes I've had kept there for about 20+ years, I don't have many but I do have some pretty pristine (albeit dusty) boxes for sm64, Goldeneye, perfect dark, 1080, mario tennis, blast corps, Zelda oot, few others too I think. Also got perfect boxes for the N64, N64 controller boxes, a perfect boxed and never been used WWF attitude stunner pack rumble pack, and a smattering of stuff like stickers, books that came with N64 magazine (still in the plastic covers) and even one of those big, rectangular banner type things that Game used to hang vertically (it's of Mario Kart 64).

I think I have all the carts for the boxes still in London, I've definitely got most. Considering selling all/most/some of it but not sure what prices I'd be looking at. Is it a case of just checking eBay or is there a site with a list somewhere I could check?
  • Ebay completed sales is your best bet. Chillout games and CEX will also give you a good idea of buy for/sell for prices but as Moot found out some of Chillouts prices are heavily skewed in their favour so can't be totally trusted in isolation.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Thanks, couldn't see where to see completed sales on the app so I'll check when I'm home.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If you're planning to sell, best to do it ASAP while the Covid retro price boom holds out.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Might be an idea to check out some Facebook groups too. I sold some of my PAL N64 games there - was UK based N64 collectors group. Less risk with eBay arsehole buyers.  I checked sold listings on eBay and went for the average price - stuff went quick. Your console box and that other gubbins will go down a storm.

N64 prices are high at the minute - if your boxes are in really good nick you will get good money.
  • Yeah good call davy. I'm in a group called GGG (game gear group) and whilst it's full of absolute twats who aren't funny, it's very useful for asking for valuations and selling stuff.

Still after Cannon Spike on the DC if anyone is selling!
  • nick_md wrote:
    Thanks, couldn't see where to see completed sales on the app so I'll check when I'm home.

It's on the app (android anyway) under Filter (once you have searched) and you have to click 'see more'

• Ofc I'm on Android m8 ;)

I'll have a look, ta.
  • Pricecharting.com have added PAL games a while ago. It's not perfect by any means especially in Europe with the price differences between for example a UK and German release but you'll get an estimate and you can see the latest sales on eBay on the site to see if UK copies are going for significantly more.

Also neat to put your collection there and you'll get a fancy chart to see the progress. :)
  • Just in case anyone is interested you can now pick up a component lead for your gamecube and not have to remortgage:

£29.88 29%OFF | Bitfunx Component Video 5RCA YPbPr Cable for Nintendo GameCube NGC Digital AV Output High Quality Image
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq7Y1Sx
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh I say......
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Oh damn. This is definitely something I can get behind
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My GC is connected up to a CRT with RGB SCART and it looks great but my JP GC is s-video only so it will be worth it for use with the JP console alone.

I also allows for 480p on those NTSC games that support it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If any of you have em, particularly CIB,start getting Game Boy Advance games insured. Prices have gone insane in the past week for no real reason (maybe metroid dread?)
  • With my shoebox of GBA carts and my possibly not fake Yeezy trainers I'm potentially sitting on a gold mine.
  • How much is Zero Mission worth now? Asking for a friend.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Everything is generally climbing in value. Anything with a cardboard box especially so. So Nintendo pre Gamecube.

My collection is insured as a named item on my contents. I have it on as £5,000 which might be light given I have 500 games but it's better than nothing.
  • Gamecube has been going insane too. FE, Chibi-Robo £200. Paper Mario, Skies of Arcadia, Gotcha Force, Kirby Air Ride, Mario Superstar Baseball all around £100 just to name a few.
  • Managed to get a Super NT from analogue today :-D
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • That's great news retro, I was tempted to get a Mega Sg now they're back in stock but chickened out.

My MD RGB output through my OSSC is really nice and sharp, however my SNES output is terrible in comparison (something to do with not having a model 1 board from memory.) So actually more tempted with the Super NT but lack the games to justify one unfortunately.
  • Yep, I'm well chuffed, failed to get one in the basket on the last few attempts. The stock seems quite plentiful this time, as both the Mega and Super are still in stock.

Will let you all know what it's like when it turns up.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
  • Emulating the original in-browser is a really nice way of promoting their new updated version. Good idea, that.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I owned the NES cart. It was a brilliant port. Thinking about it has made we want to play it now...

In my top100 thread entry. Wifey and I would play this in 2P mode for hours.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!