Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I'm on to World 8 of SM3DW now.  It's definitely hotting up (well World 7  was hotter I guess, but yknow) and I even had to backtrack to get the 130 star gate unlocked, which was kinda fun in its own way too.  May take a gander at the bonus worlds too once I'm through this one, we shall see...
  • Facewon wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Hooollleeeee Resogun is good.
    Is that a game?
    Bollockoff wrote:
    pc71 wrote:
    Downloaded resogun and I think I'm going to love it.
    Yes.
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I also think you're going to love it.
    Yes.

Ps4 defender type.
    One of the best this gen.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I just played mario kart vr. I'd pump goty chat but doubt many in here would be a letter to support it
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    So I'm on to World 8 of SM3DW now.  It's definitely hotting up (well World 7  was hotter I guess, but yknow) and I even had to backtrack to get the 130 star gate unlocked, which was kinda fun in its own way too.  May take a gander at the bonus worlds too once I'm through this one, we shall see...

Now got to THE FINAL LEVEL but there's another fucking "GO GET SOME MORE STARS" thing which is feeling pretty tedious this time round.  Like I've done all the levels, surely that used to be good enough on Mario games??  Up to the main boss at least.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Right, turned out I hadn't quite completed all the other ones, and in fact so doing took me precisely to the requisite star count :-).  Things slightly fogiven.  But Bowser himself will wait till tomorrow, his door now open wide...
  • Pako 2.

This is how you do it, pc gaming with controller. No faffing at all. Lovely.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Apart from Splatoon 2, MK8DX, ARMS and Monster Hunter Generations, I'm also slowly making progress through Super Metroid.
    Spoiler:

My thumb is not used to so much d-pad gaming, and I slightly regret not buying and playing this on the WiiU / the big screen.

Spoilers just in case, loving it so far. Pretty sure I'll hit a point where I just can't get past. Had the same in Fusion and Zero Mission.
  • Bloody Tempy and his write ups, has me well looking forward to playing Hollow Knight. Sounds good for switch.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm not afraid to look things up Davy, I have done so on a couple of areas (mainly to confirm I was doing the right thing, twice I needed to shoot some specific blocks). Also looked up on Kraid, but I was doing the correct thing, it was my timing and not paying enough attention that got me killed. Need to be more patient.

More afraid that it will get too hard at some point.
    In Fusion and Zero Mission I gave up
    Spoiler:
    Might need to replay those at some point.

Was truly surprised by how good the artwork in some areas is, just beautiful.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Super Metroid doesn't get super hard so you should be OK. I was able to complete it.  :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Mass Effect Andromeda has got it's claws in.
    "Just one more side mission then bed" said livdiv at midnight every night this week.

So yeah, if you can look past the still shonky animation and get over the fact it isn't Shep and his crew it isn't bad really. Even the planet exploration is interesting although Nintendo have shown up all open world exploration games now and not being able to climb surfaces is annoying.
  • I'm still not ready to start Breath of the Wild, so I'm looking for something smaller, yet still retail size, to get through while I work myself up to the big one.

Narrowed it down to:

Hitman: The Complete First Season - £21.85 on Prime (I don't tend to like stealth in 3D, yet I keep looking at this and like the idea of episodic sections).
    Halo Wars 2 - £15ish
    Sunset Overdrive - £5
    Titanfall 2 - £17 (campaign appeals)
    DOOM - £9 (it's always on my list, but I'm put off by 11.5hrs on HLTB, ideally I'd like this to be half that as I get fed up with FPS games quite easily)

...or I could play Ryse, which I own.  Or finish The Order.  Or plough on with Gears 4 without waiting for Retroking.  Any suggestions?
  • Not DOOM it sucks
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd definitely say Doom based on Bob's review.

Also, how have you not finished The Order? Surely completing it is faster than ejecting the disc.
  • Sunset Overdrive is a surprisingly fantastic game. Not too massive for an open world game and the movement throughout is wonderful.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Doom plays a good game but it does drag on a bit. Doesn't have the variety to sustain it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Play DOOM or I will punch you
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I'd definitely say Doom based on Bob's review. Also, how have you not finished The Order? Surely completing it is faster than ejecting the disc.

You've not actually played The Order have you?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've completed it twice since I posted that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But in all seriousness, I have zero desire to play The Order. It doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Get hitman and then lend it me
  • Yossarian wrote:
    But in all seriousness, I have zero desire to play The Order. It doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

That's fine. But if your going to take the piss at least try to be on point. Of the 8 hours run time 7 hours 55 minutes is unskippable walking cutscenes
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nah, you're alright. I'll stick to what I'm doing, ta.
  • I want to like Hitman but I won't, just watched a video and there was a bit of body hiding.

Ordered Sunset Overdrive in the end, thanks all.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ordered it? Did you miss it on GwG?
  • I also bid on Halo Wars 2 then forgot I'd done it, so hopefully I don't win that.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Ordered it? Did you miss it on GwG?

Only had the Bone since October.  If I missed it before then that's good news for me.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Nah, you're alright. I'll stick to what I'm doing, ta.

To be fair you usually make no sense, as you where.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    #Blendel

Wait.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!