Currently Playing
  • Snake Pass.  Taking my time, but up to level 10 now.  It can be quite frustrating, but it's still a spectacularly good effort.  £6.49 very well spent.
  • Super Metroid:

After a lot of mental post-it revisiting, finally, finally, found the
    Spoiler:

Lots of previous blocked bits will be getting fisted into submission now.

Surprisingly, this is keeping me from (the attempt to attain) GOW full completion.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It is the better game tbf
  • JonB wrote:
    Only done 1 level but Rayman Legends does seem very good. Was always put off by the crap character design and the fact the original Rayman games were such utter pish. But it seems they've done a good job here - loads of smart ideas already. Might even say it has something of a Yoshi's island vibe (i've gone too far).

Origins and Legends are right up there with some of the best platformers.
    Very tight gameplay solo but an absolute riot in MP, the more players the more chaos.
  • Yup, definitely up there with the best for me also.

Hoping Ubisoft have another in the pipeline.. E3 announcement pls.
  • Yeah. Had a proper session on it yesterday and it really is very good. Tons of nice ideas. if i were being hypercritical i'd say the control should be just a tiny bit tighter. But it's mostly just great fun.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That was my take on Origins - much stronger than I expected, despite that slight looseness
  • Had my first shot of OG Streets of Rage in over 20 years last night.  Quite a nostalgia rush.
  • Amazing soundtrack in Streets of Rage.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I bought the data discs sor 1 and 2 because Christ.
  • Am playing it again now.
  • I am currently playing Max Payne 3. Way underrated game, that has some tremendously satisfying combat and a really compelling Noir story. I will be getting a hold of the original Red Dead Redemption next week to prepare for 2.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Just started Dark Souls 3. It's been lying there for around a year. I've just not had the desire for a tough game. But an hour in and it's starting to gel.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Been dabbling in Deep Rock Galactic. A Left4Deademup Starship Troopers mashup set in Space Wales where you're a Space Welshman fired in a caving torpedo into the earth to mine (steal) rare resources off the bugs and get back to your ship with your singing voice intact. Still in early access. Has a lot of promise. All terrain is destructible.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    A few people were playing that on Bone. Sounds fun.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    RType III on SNES.

Still looks great. Spectacular game. So tough it's actually funny.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I'm currently re-downloading Assassin's Creed Black Flag, which I bought some years back but never finished. I remember it being a hell of a fun time, especially the stuff on the sea with the shantys being sung by your crew. From what I played, I think it was my favourite since 2.
  • davyK wrote:
    RType III on SNES.

Still looks great. Spectacular game. So tough it's actually funny.

Yeah, felt that same way on a UN Squadron replay a while back.

Harsh but still amaze.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Giving Alien Isolation a whirl. My brother bought this for me a few years back as a Christmas present for 360 and I didn’t get around to playing it straight away (I was deep into Destiny at the time, not much else got a look in). A few months later I had a Bone and even once the Destiny compulsion has faded, there was little chance that I was going to set up my 360 to play a worse version of a game which had been next-genified. I always felt a bit bad for that, so when I saw it in the Deals with Gold for under £15 with all the DLC, I figured it was time.

I haven’t even seen an alien yet, but the atmosphere and attention to detail is absolutely spot on. I think I’m going to enjoy this.
  • It's an excellent game that I never finished. I found my PS password yesterday so I've got it ready to download. The interactions with the alien are bloody terrifying.
  • I turned it off and threw the disc away (to reg).  It’s terrifying.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's brill. The only mechanically trying part is towards the start imo before you get the flamethrower. After that it's all down to your own nerves.
  • Playing Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and I forgot how much fun scaling buildings is. There are many flaws in these games but they really get the platforming stuff right. And the ship battles are great too.
  • The atmosphere and the sound effects of the terminals and other Alien film sound cues are awesome.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Playing Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and I forgot how much fun scaling buildings is. There are many flaws in these games but they really get the platforming stuff right. And the ship battles are great too.

I think you’re playing a different assassins creed to absolutely anyone else other than maybe, The devs of Assassins creed.
  • I started Syndicate the other day, I liked the setting and that but it controls terribly.
    Constantly either snagging on things I don't want to hide behind or missing rails that I want to run along.
    Too frustrating to bother carrying on.
  • I jumped into thread and thought you meant Syndicate syndicate then. Was well confused.
  • I like the AC run and jump stuff and rarely had trouble with it before Unity. Dunno if I just haven't groked the new system yet or there are actual problems with it. On paper it sounds an improvement.
  • It's been a long time since I played an AC game, I don't think Syndicate (AC Nick ;) ) is any worse, just other games have done it better now.

I also have zero patience for that shit in games now, just can't be arsed with it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Animal Crossing?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!