Currently Playing
  • Been getting stuck into Cyber Shadow today in bits and pieces, up to chapter 4 now and really enjoying it, exactly the kinda thing I like these days. The ninjas remind me of all the ninja games we had back on the nes, particularly Wrath of the Black Manta, which whilst not a great game I had and loved (never owned Ninja Gaiden, I expect that's a much more relevant touchstone for others). Strong Batman nes vibes too in some of the environments and enemy designs. I'm dying a fair amount but it's very fair and so far hasn't made me angry at the game.

Spoiler for the abilities so far:
    Spoiler:
    Hard to see this getting anything less than an 8 from me so far, but we'll see I guess.
  • Bob wrote:
    Anyone tried Gods will Fall?

I'm picking it up on Monday
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Scourge Bringer. I meant to have a quick go before getting stuck into some more Cyber Shadow but ended up playing for over 2hrs. Magnificent game, I'm hooked. Someone should have told me these rogue things are great.

I can only get to level 3, but I'm still enjoying level 1 every time so it's a win.
  • Just started Detriot Become Human. Done three chapters. I quite like it.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Just started Detriot Become Human. Done three chapters. I quite like it.

Some where there’s an awesome thread
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Scourge Bringer. I meant to have a quick go before getting stuck into some more Cyber Shadow but ended up playing for over 2hrs. Magnificent game, I'm hooked. Someone should have told me these rogue things are great. I can only get to level 3, but I'm still enjoying level 1 every time so it's a win.

Downloading the demo
    The Forum Herald™
  • What you getting it on wook?

Xbox as I have two months worth of reward points to redeem so it'll pay for it outright
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Still Little Nightmares. It just gets worse doesn't it? Like, in a horrible, get me the fuck out of this situation way, not in a bad game way
  • The game gets better as it gets worse and the sequel seems to kick off even horriblier.
  • Still Little Nightmares. It just gets worse doesn't it? Like, in a horrible, get me the fuck out of this situation way, not in a bad game way
    Just downloaded this as think more like my thing for a scare than the medium
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I gave up on it previously but have reinstalled so I can finish it and give moot his disc back
  • Still loving Cyber Shadow, will have to drop off a serious cliff to scupper my enjoyment as I think I'm nearing the end.
    Spoiler:

Has just about everything I enjoy from 8bit games so far, bosses have been firm but fair, and the environments continue to satisfy.
  • I don't think that's near the end, judging by the level select screen.
  • JonB wrote:
    I don't think that's near the end, judging by the level select screen.

I can't make sense of that level select screen, if it's the one I think?
    Spoiler:

On the topic of stuff I don't understand
    Spoiler:
  • I assumed I was close to the end because
    Spoiler:
  • There are ten stages on the map iirc (or maybe ten and then a final stage). Map is a bit of a mess tbh. I think I've got all but one ability now but I'm only on stage 5 or 6. You can revisit stages to find secrets with your extra abilities but I still can't get into the orange door in stage 1.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    There are ten stages on the map iirc (or maybe ten and then a final stage). Map is a bit of a mess tbh. I think I've got all but one ability now but I'm only on stage 5 or 6. You can revisit stages to find secrets with your extra abilities but I still can't get into the orange door in stage 1.
    Spoiler:

• Yeah, you can look around the map screen and see 10/11 levels, even though you can't select them. I've got all the powers by the end of level 5.

The purchase options at checkpoints are there to give you a slightly easier time if you need it. If you don't purchase refill spirit then you won't restart with a full blue bar when you die. The third option is to start with a weapon power up.

You'll probably run out of currency if you keep buying all of them. I think it's best not to bother until you've tried the following section a couple of times, then decide if you'll need them. It's a waste of money if you reach the next checkpoint without dying at all.
  • Ah that makes sense now. I haven't really hit any difficulty wall tbh (strong flex I know) so I'm just buying everything. The spirit refill is probably a reason why I haven't hit a wall. The mekadragon took a few goes tho.
  • Actually, I suppose in the second half you'll get upgrades to beef up the abilities you've already got.
  • Still haven't got a dp unless I've massively missed something?
  • I expect it's coming.
  • I went back to it even though I said I'd given up. Got past the bit that was annoying me yesterday, then two check points later it's another annoying bit. Life's too short for that. Should have never gone back.
  • Disjunction is very very good
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Still Little Nightmares. It just gets worse doesn't it? Like, in a horrible, get me the fuck out of this situation way, not in a bad game way
    Just downloaded this as think more like my thing for a scare than the medium
    Tried Little Nightmares and 'enjoying' it so far. It is horrible and creepy, but nicely put together.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Just picked up Gods Will Fall, really good little game. Quite enjoying it
  • They’re discussing it in the souls like thread
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ah that's the thread! I couldn't remember, thanks bob
  • No worries. I'd be interested in your thoughts.. I'm tempted but I feel like I've been suckered by Eurogamers enthusiasm for the latest indy thing to many times before.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!