Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • They should just do a Terrance and Phillip episode and be done with it.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    What’s the betting that we don’t see the attack on winterfell next week? There was no King’s landing stuff so it wouldn’t surprise me if they shifted focus down there for an episode. Hopefully not cos there’s fuck all down there.

I’m telling you – next week we’ll see two things: The battle at Winterfell and the zombie dragon burning King’s Landing to the ground.
  • The trailer for the next ep shows Winterfell zombie time. Doesn’t rule out more stuff but they love their prestige battle-focused episodes.
  • And the next episode is directed by Miguel Sapochnik who also did the battle of the bastards.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I think the Iron Isles are going to become important. They were mentioned last week as a safe haven as the walkers cant swim. Theon's sister has gone to take them back. I think Winterfell will fall and the good guys will fall back there. Next week to be the Iron Isles battle not Winterfell.

Presumably presence of zombie dragon negates the sea barrier advantage.
  • And didn’t we already establish that the dead can cross water by just marching across the sea bed? It takes a long time, but they get there.
  • poprock wrote:
    And didn’t we already establish that the dead can cross water by just marching across the sea bed? It takes a long time, but they get there.

That's pirates of the Caribbean

SFV - reddave360
  • I'm loving this thread, all the hype. I'm gonna be here when the crushing disappointment hits.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • And the next episode is directed by Miguel Sapochnik who also did the battle of the bastards.

I actually didn't like that episode at all. For me it's when the show started going down the pan.

It was mainly the Jon is a bonehead / sansa is a retard part of it I didn't like. I get that getting crushed to death is a wonderfully realistic way to go in mediaeval battles. But it's a shame the writing is not realistic at all.

Eg bran says the NK has been trying to end history by going after him and his predecessors. Everyone goes "OK then, new plan is protect bran".

Utter pish
  • It’s fantasy.

People accept shit because in a world with dragons, white walkers, blood magic, children of the forest, et al, it’s really not much of a stretch.
  • RedDave2 wrote:

Totally canon.
  • It’s fantasy.

People accept shit because in a world with dragons, white walkers, blood magic, children of the forest, et al, it’s really not much of a stretch.

Not at all. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 had fantasy and a plot and character motivations that made sense, by and large. Seasons 6, 7 and 8 just railroad through without the most elementary respect for plot and motivation.

Doesn't matter what the genre is, some basic rules of drama must be observed, or I'll call it out for the fucking trash that it is.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Bran remains fucking hilarious.

Yep.
  • poprock wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

Totally canon.

Game of pirates!
    SFV - reddave360

• Not at all. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 had fantasy and a plot and character motivations that made sense, by and large. Seasons 6, 7 and 8 just railroad through without the most elementary respect for plot and motivation.

Doesn't matter what the genre is, some basic rules of drama must be observed, or I'll call it out for the fucking trash that it is.

A narrative should stay true to the universe it inhabits, that doesn’t mean it should hold true to our own.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, some people read Dan Brown novels, doesn’t mean they’re any good, but I’m not going to shit on them for enjoying something I think is bollocks, I’ll just read something else instead.

• People can enjoy it. I’m enjoying it. But the writing is nowhere near as interesting. Characters are stupider now because the writing is stupider. Events are not predictable exactly but nowhere near as surprising or interesting. Some stuff is completely cringeworthy (that little girl that wanted to fight but ended up going to the crypt was painful). It’s no one’s fault. They haven’t got the books to pull from now. I won’t bang on about it.

Much.
  • It’s co-written by David Benioff, the writer responsible for X-Men origins: Wolverine.

The fact he even has a career gives me hope.

• Not at all. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 had fantasy and a plot and character motivations that made sense, by and large. Seasons 6, 7 and 8 just railroad through without the most elementary respect for plot and motivation.

A narrative should stay true to the universe it inhabits, that doesn’t mean it should hold true to our own.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, some people read Dan Brown novels, doesn’t mean they’re any good, but I’m not going to shit on them for enjoying something I think is bollocks, I’ll just read something else instead.

It's quite revealing that you are talking about shitting on them, as in the fans, not the Dan brown novels. I'm shitting on the novels fyi.

My entire point is that the GoT universe has established that we don't accept a cripple's word as gospel. We know bran is a God, but they don't. They have shown us sansa being creeped out by him, that's it.

GoT usee to obey the basic rules of plot and character dev/motivation, and for three seasons it hasn't. Just as it's broken temporal and geographical rules, routinely (Cersei being not-show pregnant since ep 3 of last season is the latest crime.)

• It's quite revealing that you are talking about shitting on them, as in the fans, not the Dan brown novels. I'm shitting on the novels fyi.

My entire point is that the GoT universe has established that we don't accept a cripple's word as gospel. We know bran is a God, but they don't. They have shown us sansa being creeped out by him, that's it.

GoT usee to obey the basic rules of plot and character dev/motivation, and for three seasons it hasn't. Just as it's broken temporal and geographical rules, routinely (Cersei being not-show pregnant since ep 3 of last season is the latest crime.)

There are no basic rules, there are just sets of loose conventions that have built up over the evolution of the form, people are free to use them, play with them, or even ignore them completely, some just do it more successfully than others.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Wait, Bran is a god? I've never made much effort to follow his storyline. Or else I've just forgotten.
  • I'm pretty happy to brush over most of it but some of that Bran stuff does grate.
    The stuff he comes out with, and nobody ever has any follow up questions?
  • Kow wrote:
    Wait, Bran is a god? I've never made much effort to follow his storyline. Or else I've just forgotten.
    He mind controlled Hodor in the past to hold the door. He might be the protagonist rather than dopey Jon.
  • I thought Bran was now a tree.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I_R wrote:
    He mind controlled Hodor in the past to hold the door. He might be the protagonist rather than dopey Jon.

Or it could be the dubious Bran is the Night King theory, which to be fair could explain why the Night King really wants to kill Bran, so to end his own suffering.
  • weadre wrote:
    I'm pretty happy to brush over most of it but some of that Bran stuff does grate. The stuff he comes out with, and nobody ever has any follow up questions?
    I like to think they'd rather just not engage with him because he's such a creepy unsetting dork.
  • I liked the bit in the latest episode where everyone was discussing what to do with Jaime and Bran suddenly blurted out his favourite 10cc song.
  • It's quite revealing that you are talking about shitting on them, as in the fans, not the Dan brown novels. I'm shitting on the novels fyi.

There are no basic rules, there are just sets of loose conventions that have built up over the evolution of the form, people are free to use them, play with them, or even ignore them completely, some just do it more successfully than others.

Woah.
  • Well that was a cracker of an episode.

No need for me to watch anymore, ill just leave it here.
    I knew they had all been in a plane crash together.

Thanks GoT, you've been great.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!