Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • weadre wrote:
    Why didn't they already have littlefingers army on side? Wouldn't snow have gone to talk to them during his attempted round up of troops? Especially due to the family connection.

He didn't want to contact LF because Sansa suggested it and that's not how it works.  Something about the raven being intercepted, she didn't buy it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also I think the Eyrie is many leagues from there, many leagues.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I was thinking that the Eyrie was further south than the Twins … and the Freys are enemies. Probably wrong, I dunno.

Great episode. Definitely time to get rid of Ramsay, his character had become a cartoon. Great to see Dany’s army have its first real battle/walkover … even though she did spend the night chatting with Tyrion while her people were slaughtered in the streets. Glad to see she did spare lots of ships and go for the combo megafleet multiplier. Loved the “All four of us had terrible fathers” line.

This leaves episode 10 free for King’s Landing drama, then.

I was thinking … the Brotherhood Without Banners are basically Robin Hood and his Merry Men, right? Beric is Robin. Thoros is Friar Tuck. The archer bloke with his longbow is Will Scarlet. (The Lannisters represent the Sheriff of Nottingham.) This means The Hound is now Little John …

Oh, and where did Varys bugger off to? Maybe he’s headed for King’s Landing himself. That could be interesting.
  • Presumably Varys is off to Dorne to recruit them against the Lannisters.
  • poprock wrote:
    I was thinking that the Eyrie was further south than the Twins … and the Freys are enemies. Probably wrong, I dunno.
    Yeah this is right. Promising to marry Freys daughter was the only way Robb Stark could get his army south as they controlled the only route large enough to pass an army through (I think). Hopefully they'll address this next episode or it can pile up on the rest of the plot points they no longer give a shit about.
  • Varys has quit the show in disgust.
  • monkey wrote:
    Hopefully they'll address this next episode or it can pile up on the rest of the plot points they no longer give a shit about.
    This leaves the question of how Littlefinger got the Knights of the Vale through the Twins, then. By force? The Frey army was busy at Riverrun with Jamie Lannister, after all. Surely we would have seen Walder Frey get his though. Another cartoon baddie, waiting to die for the audience’s amusement. I guess maybe Littlefinger could have given Frey the news that his daughter and grandson (all he wanted was an heir in a fancy family) were offed by Ramsay and then he could have passed through the Twins to kill the bastard with Frey’s blessing.

Might have to rematch this episode to see how the leap from ‘raining fire on the Yunkai fleet’ to ‘chatting with the Greyjoys’ actually happened. Was it as blankly jarring as I thought, or did I blink and miss a proper transition?
  • Ah yeah Ramsey fed Freys daughter and grandson to his dogs. That might have given Frey pause for thought about his Bolton alliance.

Alright Thrones is off the hook for that one.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's good to see that the characters have discovered the fast travel option - they must have finally read the manual. Although, I don't think the two Ironborn had been to Meereen before, so I didn't know how they used it.
  • Daenerys not managing to suppress a permagrin while talking to a Powerful Woman was annoying.  She's easily my least favourite character.
  • *eugh* the eyrie is west of the twins, doesn't need to cross the river. You only need to cross the river to go south try though to the river lands etc
  • Yeah I'm getting confused with Moat Cailin I think. That's the place that prevents southern armies marching North. But I thought the Boltons captured it. Fuck knows.
  • Well, as the video I posted says, there are a number of insane problems with the Knights of vale showing up without Ramsey knowing. It's an indication of how fucking dumb the show has got now.
  • weadre wrote:
    Why didn't they already have littlefingers army on side?

Because it's not very well written.
  • Who gives a fuck? geography homos.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    book/plot homos
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I am gutted about Ramsey. He was the last good guy you could root for in the whole show!
  • It was an okay episode. GoT is really about two things, fucking your enemies over and fucking. No tits and not even a glimpse of the Hound and his majestic cock. More minge and willy needed in the final episode.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Well, as the video I posted says, there are a number of insane problems with the Knights of vale showing up without Ramsey knowing. It's an indication of how fucking dumb the show has got now.

That was a good vid - summed up the huge silly that GoT has dived into of late. I still enjoy but more in the style of a marvel summer movie.

Also, they put too much stock in the spectacle episode. Risky avenue to go down when you only have an admittedly large tv budget. If season 7 is the last and we are building to a giant battle between walkers and dragons, I'm guessing we can expect some wonderful single room talky episodes.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Stopharage wrote:
    It was an okay episode. GoT is really about two things, fucking your enemies over and fucking. No tits and not even a glimpse of the Hound and his majestic cock. More minge and willy needed in the final episode.

It's like the cgi budget, they can only have so much per episode, prepare for mingle and willy fest in the final episode.

That battle was lsuffocating, I thought it was excellent up to the enivitable bad accent guy's army showing up to save the day.
    Things can only get better.
  • Did the Greyjoys get to Mereen rather quickly? I'm not sure to this, GRRM takes forever to move characters around.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    It was an okay episode. GoT is really about two things, fucking your enemies over and fucking. No tits and not even a glimpse of the Hound and his majestic cock. More minge and willy needed in the final episode.

They like to keep you on your toes with the willies.  For example, the sauna Arya ran through when the Terminatrix was chasing her contained men wearing pants.
  • Behind the scenes on the battlefield bits:

• weadre wrote:
    Why didn't they already have littlefingers army on side?

Because it's not very well written.

That's not how this game is played.
  • I think that was right up there with any of the best on-screen battles I have scene. Pissed all over anything Lord of the Rings did.

Little finger arriving to save the day was the only downer really. Felt a bit convenient.

Made me want to go back and watch Band of Bros. This ep was rather exciting but I don't think I was quite as tense as during BoB.
    Rando director guy did good.
  • I thought the battle was great.  Probably helped that several good characters were there so I was shitting my guts out about who would get killed.  

I was expecting them to cut to the high sparrow half way through, mind.
  • I think he jumps about the timelines a bit in the books.
    I guess they are doing the same in the show but not really communicating it very well.

It needs a big 1970's style title card at the beginning of each scene.

MEREEN - 25th DAY OF JIZZMUS
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cockless and Dungarees came in speedboats obvs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!