DOTA2
  • Ah, I know wat he's done, he's dragged an item and used an ability or something. It's a bug, and it sticks the item icon to your cursor and is HELLA annoying, much lik the no health/mana bar bug.

I've been reading guides on Leshrac because I reckon he pairs well with Lich and Shadow Shaman, and i've tried him but struggled before so I want to give him a better go. Problem with build guides: they all make sense and thus all contradict each other.

Two guides suggesting building a Perseverance for mana/hp, another suggesting Shadow Blade and Phase Boots for escape/gank potential, another guide demanding boots of travel. Luckily they all agree roughly on the skill builds. Really is time to start learning what items do instead of mindlessly buying them. The in-game build guides are amazing, but they stop you from learning how to individually assess what you need, and when. I'm getting better though.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've noticed my item build being the same across most guys but I'm starting to try and think about different boots and link with the party on stuff like Mek and Drums.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Had a quick game with Sniper last night against Med bots (sorry Sub I only had a few mins free, otherwise I would have thrown you an invite) and enjoyed that a lot. You can't get caught at all as he's hardly any HP, but a pretty good last hitter, good at annoying heros out of lane as well early on.

My problem is controls (although that could well be down to a poor PC setup at the moment, a round glass dining table isn't that ergonomic), the number of times I've clicked into the middle of a massive fight instead of running is aggravating!
  • Tip for sniper (that I tend to ignore now as I am pr0) is to use Shadow Blade because it gives good damage and is a brilliant escape.

My top tip for today is HOT KEYS. Seriously, get them ammended. Z, X, C and V for items is RETARDO. The easiest thing to do is set up the first item slot as spacebar and the rest as 1,2,3,4,5, or whatever you find comfortable. Having something like Phase/Tranquil/Arcane Boots, Mek, Drums, Rod of Atos, Shadow Blade w/e on your spacebar means you can ping it off so much easier.

I never really use drums though, are the 8 charges limited or do they refresh at fountain?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You need to buy the recipe again I believe to get more charges. Same for a few items.
  • I was coming to that decision last night Temps. Going to re-hotkey to the numbers and also disable the bloody zoom on the middle mouse button scroll wheel. Amount of times I was moving the screen quickly and ending up zoomed in on whatever I was doing was annoying as hell. Especially when fleeing in terror.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Yup, spacebar for primary use item is a godsend. I have a really bad habit of not following myself prperly when escaping and ending up pathfinding back into the enemies.

@bollo Ah, Pretty cool. Built a level 3 Dagon last night. Perfect item for Lion, lets you do HEINOUS burst damage, like 600 or something crazy. Couple it with his stun and Finger you can do something like 2000+ damage. Love it.

Can understand why it works on Nyx Assassin now considering he gets 120 seconds of invisibility, he can just roam and target weak heroes.
  • hurrrr..finger....

(sorry)
  • Yeah I hurr every time too. Lion is a real favourite for dialoge: "I've been to hell and back and hell and back, and back again!"
  • I'm a fan of Kunkka's denied line "I think naut!(ical)"
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Haha, the game is full of terrible puns. Character specific ones are really fun, Crystal Maiden and Lina have beef as they're sisters, Kunkka and Tidehunter also have specific taunts... there are others too.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Genius!

I never though about putting an item on space. I've become proficient using keys 3, 4 and 5 for actives so will throw my heal into space later on.

I've decided I'm buying the badger when I get in. I support lots so might as well!
  • It's literally hours till I crumble and buy the Bastion announcer dude. The badger is awesome, dangerous path to spending 90 quid on a FTP without even thinking about it. (Looking at you Iron Bear Ursa...)
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Haha, I have that announcer already so you can listen to the awesomeness when we play.
  • Whut? I can buy useless accoutrements?

*breaks out wallet*
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm collecting cards just to sell so I can break even on a key to unlock my Mythical Chest.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Oh man, epic badger is epic. The flight mode is him suspended from 3 balloons and a propellor.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Who was talking about Necrolyte? I have a present for them.

Wish I'd properly read the post about refilling drums. I keep selling mine!
  • Me me!! :) Huzzah for Rucks commentary!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Cool, we'll have to get together for a game soon. I did order a dongle through Prime that was supposed to arrive yesterday but didn't. Hopefully it'll be here Monday.

Tried Mirana and did not like her one bit. No idea how she's supposed to carry, with that slow ass arrow it's super hard to get CS.
  • Mirana's Arrow is supposed to be used on hella long distance shots as it does extra damage over distance. It's a move that I suspect takes some learning.
  • Sick of fucking co-op bot games with ransoms. No support in team fights fucking ever.
  • The limited hero tutorial playlist in this is ridiculous.  Just had my first game and got matched up against people that had played 500+ games.  Random picked Omniknight and won but thats not the point...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm still seeing 4 carries on a team for most games. Just want it done so I can bag the sniper gun!
  • I just wanna play Leshrac without my team abandoning me mid team fight. Utter BAWS.
  • Which gun is that Sub? I have one for Sniper which I am happy to send to you if it's doable. I just crumbled and bought the Bastion voice pack and got a Witch Doctor set for free, which is cool because I just had a Tute middle lane play with him and really liked him!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I unlocked my chest and got a shitty Sladar weapon. Fucking sea slug.
  • Anyone up for some PvP games this evening? Around 8ish?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Turns out you only need to do one of the pvp tute games to get the sniper gun. I also have that witch doctor one from buying Bastion, good stuff!

I tried sniper in my last game and did so poorly. Got outlawed by Viper really early on and couldn't get back in. Felt so bad I bought the compendium.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!