Killzone: shadow fall.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    All the cars in PGR are modeled to the same standard. Are you saying there'll be super high detail characters like the ones above just walking round next to the disposable NPCs?

That's gonna look a bit weird no?

Super high res for the cut scenes and potato heads for the gameplay, thus as it's always been.

I'm not even sure that's true. The players car is modelled in much more detail than the AI cars in most racers.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So, the Game Director of this has done a QA thing to celebrate the game going gold
    @ShawnMacLean: Is Killzone Shadow Fall a good entry point to the Killzone franchise?
    Steven Ter Heide: Absolutely! In many ways, Killzone Shadow Fall is a fresh start for the franchise — the game takes place some thirty years after the original Killzone trilogy, so most of the characters and story arcs from those games have passed into history. And while die-hard fans will appreciate the nods to earlier Killzone titles, no knowledge of the Killzone universe is required to get into the story.

@nick_serio: How long is the campaign?
    STH: Killzone Shadow Fall’s campaign should last well over 10 hours for most gamers.
    @DGuetta52: Will Killzone’s campaign be co-op?
    STH: No, the campaign will not have a co-op mode. However, we’re planning to release a separate Online Co-op Expansion Pack after launch; it will add a new wave-based game mode, in which up to four players take on hordes of enemies in special arena maps. For more information about the Online Co-Op Expansion Pack, please refer to our Season Pass announcement.

@LB_Ed: Any plans for split screen support? Playing a game has always been more fun locally then online.
    STH: We currently have no plans for split-screen support.

@Mr_Tom_B: Will Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer run on dedicated servers, or peer to peer? Will there be peer-to-peer hosting at all?
    STH: We are running with dedicated servers to handle the transfer of data between clients.
    @IronSir: How will the level system in multiplayer work?
    STH: We have a Challenge-based system, where completing one of the 1,500 Challenges will increase your rank by one. We will continue to add new Challenges after launch.

@MrFredchr: Why did you choose to remove XP and levels?
    STH: Levels are part of the game, as completing one of the 1,500 Challenges increases your rank. However, we felt XP was less about skill and more about time, so we designed a new system with a greater emphasis on skill.

@Fishrock123: Any news of vehicles in the multiplayer?
    STH: Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer will not have any vehicles (such as Exoskeletons or Jetpacks) at launch. We wanted to ensure that player-created, custom Warzones work on all multiplayer maps, and the inclusion of vehicles would have introduced too many new variables and exceptions to guarantee this.
    @BucktownzFinest: Since there are Warzones to join, does that mean there’s no standard matchmaking? (‏source)
    STH: Not sure what you mean by standard matchmaking, but when you select a Warzone, the game will then look for a suitable match to join.

@WilliamPeter417: How many weapons are available for customization for multiplayer mode?
    STH: Killzone Shadow Fall will have 22 weapons at launch, and pretty much all of them can be enhanced with various attachments.

@HamseD: Since all the weapons are unlocked, what about the attachments?
    STH: Attachments are not unlocked by default – you can unlock them by completing Challenges.

@TheWroster: ‏How will the DS4 touchpad work in this game?
    STH: For singleplayer we are using the touchpad to select the mode the OWL is in. It can be set into four different modes with quick swipes on the touchpad. For multiplayer, we use it to bring up menus.
    @double_T_azn: Will there be more hand-to-hand takedowns than what we’ve seen in previous trailers?
    STH: We have a variety of melee moves, including combo kills where you take down two enemies in quick succession, or a dropdown melee. The dropdown is also available in multiplayer.

@double_T_azn: Will there be bonuses for transferring PS Vita saves for Killzone: Mercenary onto the PS4?
    STH: No, we have no plans for connectivity between Killzone: Mercenary and Killzone Shadow Fall.

@nurseman22: My question is: where have you been all my life?
    STH: Right here in the studio, working hard on Killzone Shadow Fall!
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • It's Killzone. It'll be spectacularly average.

you knows it

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What? how dare you! it's Killzone - it will be offensively awful.
  • Kow wrote:
    What? how dare you! it's Killzone - it will be offensively awful.

This.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So shiny, though.
    Get schwifty.
  • It will be extremely pretty, uninspired and derivative.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Like almost every other FPS then.
    Get schwifty.
  • I hate FPSes. Can't stand them. But I'd have thought that we'd ignore the past for an upcoming title.
    Writing something off due to past versions or the team behind it is silly.

Let's face it, From Software were a joke dev house, never made a single decent game, then along came Demons' Souls and all that changed.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah but this is Killzone, not a new game. And Killzone is utter drivel.
  • KZ has its fans, so not surprising they didn't drop the name.
    Hey, From still make Armored Core games and they're well reviewed and received now.
  • Killzone always sells well, doesn't it?

I've never tried it btw, I've got KZ2 sitting under my tv.
  • Give it a shot. If you can get on with the weighty feel to the controls (and ignore the awful dialogue) you might enjoy it, I did.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I found 3 to be amiable nonsense. Never got on with 2. But aye, much of a muchness
  • Please don't do the graphics/tech argument where everyone tries to one up each other :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • How floppy is your terra?
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I hate FPSes. Can't stand them. But I'd have thought that we'd ignore the past for an upcoming title.
    Writing something off due to past versions or the team behind it is silly.

Let's face it, From Software were a joke dev house, never made a single decent game, then along came Demons' Souls and all that changed.

In my case it is my expectation. This expectation is based upon an opinion formed from playing Killzone, 2 and 3. If Forza, 2, 3 and 4 had all been poor, then people would be sceptical of Forza 5. In Forza's case, they are great games, so the general expectation is positive. I find your comment I've highlighted in bold interesting, as that's what the majority of people don't do. Most people will base their expectations on their previous relevant experiences where possible. If I had never played a Killzone game then I wouldn't have any expectation of Shadow Fall.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong and it will be a great game, but I'm not optimistic.

• Story trailer. Contains much shiny:

• Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Can't fault Guerilla's tech - always impressive. Shame about everything else.
  • The last one was nearly there. A couple of odd design decisions didn't even really break it, they just made it unappealing for anyone but fans to stick with it. A new console helps in a way, but the population might start too small.
  • I also read the third one was a marked improvement. I ploughed through the second one and while it had one or two good spots it didn't feel like much fun. The first one I only have vague memories of so I dont think it left much of an impression. Still, it doesn't look absolutely terrible, just feel it will be like resistance and get a bit lost in the launch. Certainly wouldn't encourage me to spend money on a new console just yet.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I've nothing against Killzone, but it all looks a bit by the numbers FPS. At least Destiny and Titanfall are attempting something a bit different. I guess if you're invested in the fiction it would be more appealing.
  • I enjoyed the 'weight' of Killzone 2, mp was alright as well, hate the superfast mouse and keyboard style that most FPS tend to go for.

I imagine this will look lovely but offer nothing new or interesting. Hopefully your AI buddies are slightly less cuntish.
  • Never played a Killzone. Yeah, it looks a bit generic, but it is very pretty - and I want pretty with a new machine.

Had it not come in the camera bundle I probably would have opted for BF4, but looks like a solid game to start me off with. 

Looking forward to it.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Its funny as I've tried all the Killzone's and not liked any, but the visuals always get my attention and make me think 'just one more time, it can't be that bad again'. And if there was one game that could have swayed me it would of been this. Sucker for an FPS.
  • I've only enjoyed KZ 3 so far.  The story was average, but I got to blow things up... and the MP was good fun.  I think this game has potential, it'll certainly be a nice benchmark for PS4 starting visuals at the very least.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • I started KZ3 again recently, and its visuals are still amongst the best out there. But...then I stopped. It's a monumentally uninspiring campaign, but then I doubt I could play through any FPS campaign again. Except the first Resistance.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    3 gets better and more beutiful the further thru you go.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Yeah you're never in the same environment twice, and you're always killing things in a different way or vehicle... it's pretty good in all honesty.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!