PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Turnip Boy Robs a Bank (Steam)

Pretty solid title; could easily be polished off in an afternoon with some determination. It frequently mocks pop culture, but then kinda relies on it for most of its humour, but the gameplay is solid and most of the jokes land. It can be confusing trying to keep track of the side quests when the characters are SO WACKY LOL and the things they want are SO WACKY LOL, but the main questline is easy enough to grasp and you can just polish off the additional stuff as you run 'n' gun your way around the bank.

[7]
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oom (Playdate) - An hour-long treat from Gregory Kogos, the genius creator of Omaze. This is part rhythm game, part shoot ‘em up, part puzzler, part 2D Zelda dungeon… This didn’t hit the spot quite as strongly as Omaze for me but it’s still a great bit of game design that uses the hardware brilliantly and I’m absolutely gonna check out what he does next. [8]
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Is there a playdate thread?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Nintendo Switch) - Very fun, very formal puzzler-platformer. I 100%ed the whole thing. Donkey Kong has stolen the Mini-Marios and you play through a variety of stages liberating them, guiding them through levels, defeating Donkey Kong with them and, in the post-game, just blasting through some more difficult levels. This remake adds two new worlds, which are mid-game content and integrated into the existing difficulty curve. There is also an optional time trial for each level. I completed all the time trials and was a bit miffed the learn the game does not acknowledge this achievement at all! (There’s also an annoying quirk where triggering the exit sequence with Mini-Mario is a bit fuzzy and imprecise, which wastes valuable time in the time trial mode.) It’s a fun game, a bit easy to begin with but increasingly challenging throughout without getting overly frustrating. The process of 100%ing it took somewhere between 20-25 hours, so I feel like I got my value for money. [8]
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Was hunting for my PSP and found a Nintendo DS multi-game case which has made me realise I have physical copies of all the Mario vs Donkey Kong games except the first one. Time to plough on with the series I think.
  • Lies of P

Plays like something where the team really loved Bloodborne and Souls in general but then tried to put their stamp on things by introducing extra systems in order to make it play differently. Which is a real shame, because when it finds its stride and identity it actually plays really well and some of the boss battles are really fun to play. There's a real need to switch weapons as you play and it gives you enough upgrades to allow you to experiment, however it's clear that certain weapons simply do better regardless of the enemy. Bosses range from being fun and inventive to highly frustrating, but mostly down to arena size and a camera that shits the bed too often when you need it to work for you. The acting, story and graphics are pretty well done and there's some nice mechanics in relation to music and the theme of you trying to be a real boy. Having played a raft of souls likes and giving up on a lot of them like Steel Rising, I had enough fun to see this all the way through to the end. Worth a shout if you can get it cheap. 8/10
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Will do a 52 games write-up at some point, but just completed FF7: Rebirth. There's some real highs in there, but too few and too far between. Not a fan at all.
  • Resident Evil 3 remake
    Dumb and silly but generally great fun, do find with RE games though that the first half is more enjoyable than the second.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    In and out in 5 hours too
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Which is to be applauded

• regmcfly wrote:

Your poor wife.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Finished RE4:Remake at the weekend just gone, which is just over a year after starting it! Hooray for kids. Can't remember the last game I completed before this.

Anyway, enjoyed it and the wife did too as a back-seat participant (and shooting gallery have-a-goer). Definitely drops off after the castle tho, the industrial zone just isn't as fun or atmospheric at all. The village and castle were good times tho.

We're doing Quarry now for a bit of a changeup, then going into RE7 which I've never played (aside from the first 30mins or so) so that'll be good.
  • Mrs. Moot refused to do Quarry after the opening in the woods. She did play and enjoy As Dusk Falls though, that's worth a look.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed RE7, highly recommended.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    I thoroughly enjoyed RE7, highly recommended.

8 is worth playing, too, but yeah - 7 first.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Did 8 when it came out, great game. Picked up some tasteful artwork from it too.
  • I enjoyed the first 2 hours of both 7 and 8. After that I either got bored or the quality dropped off
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The first hour of 7 in particular is absolutely terrifying.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The first hour of 7 I just recall running around in a panic. I didn't finish it.
  • At first I was afraid, I was petrified...

Cough

Yeah after that first hour or so I had to force myself to remember it's a game to avoid being frozen in fear. That broke the immersion massively and it wasn't scary or fun to play after. More a me thing than the game itself.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The closest I have ever come to shitting myself in a game was when yer man burst through the wall the first time. The rest was good fun Resident evil.
  • Dogs through the window back in RE1 was quite something

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My first shit-me-up moment was when an alien popped up on the screen in Rescue on Fractalus on The Atari ST.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My worst has and will always be Sinistar. FUCK THAT GAME.
  • My worst is The Exorcist Legion on Quest. It's absolutely bloody terrifying in VR.
    I can only manage about 5 minutes until I have to take the headset off and cuddle the wife to calm down
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    5. Dragon's Dogma 2 - PC - 39.6hrs - I honestly didn't expect this game to end as quickly as it did. Certainly more to discover with several side quests not done. It's a great game that encourages exploring to get the most out of it (as long as you don't want to climb a mountain!) and rewards you with some great combat encounters. I never NG+ games, but think I will for this as I never got to experience the Magic Archer. I think a failing of the game is clearly pacing, with the main quest not really building as much as it could have, despite one great set piece towards the end. It's obtuseness can also affect how or whether you complete a quest properly. Despite it's jank, poor performance and lack of stability (it crashed on me twice freezing up the PC), the overall feel of the world and combat loop make it a great game [9]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Minishoot' Adventures (Steam Deck)

Quality little game really, basically a 2D Zelda crossed with a shmup (nominally "bullet hell" but not yet that hellish, the adventuring probably more of a thing than any real shooting challenge, particularly as you start leveling stuff up).

And it just works! Very well executed. Movement and shooting both get great, and the Zelda aspect just fits in perfectly. Really well combined, madness you wonder why it's barely been done before. Feels fresh and fun, sensible length, looks nice, a few secrets etc scattered about. Basically a solid thumbs up.

I've been really close to giving it a harsh [8], as the final dungeon didn't really exist, and there's some pants insta death stuff in the back end. But I think I'm be kind - alongside that there's some post game content, and the mis-steps are minor. And the fact it's legit indie means I'll go slightly generous [9] after all.

PC only atm I think, but surely a console release will follow? It's a cracker and would be perfect on Switch too I think.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Minishoot' Adventures (Steam Deck) Quality little game really, basically a 2D Zelda crossed with a shmup (nominally "bullet hell" but not yet that hellish, the adventuring probably more of a thing than any real shooting challenge, particularly as you start leveling stuff up). And it just works! Very well executed. Movement and shooting both get great, and the Zelda aspect just fits in perfectly. Really well combined, madness you wonder why it's barely been done before. Feels fresh and fun, sensible length, looks nice, a few secrets etc scattered about. Basically a solid thumbs up. I've been really close to giving it a harsh [8], as the final dungeon didn't really exist, and there's some pants insta death stuff in the back end. But I think I'm be kind - alongside that there's some post game content, and the mis-steps are minor. And the fact it's legit indie means I'll go slightly generous [9] after all. PC only atm I think, but surely a console release will follow? It's a cracker and would be perfect on Switch too I think.
    Some dodgy design decisions towards the end but was caracking fun - hear you on the score defo between 8 and 9.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!