The Mech Annexe
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've always enjoyed both western lumbering tanks on legs mecha and the more Japanese implausibly ultra-agile ones. With super robots occupying a middle ground really. Gundam was the first of its kind to bring the mecha genre some idea of realism not just in politics but how giant humanoid robots would work in a large scale armed conflict. Though the original Gundam series relied on a plot macguffin called the minovsky particle that explained why radar isn't worth shit in the future and why mobile suits arn't just picked off at leisure with cruise missiles.

This fight from 08th MS Team feels more Mechwarrior than your typical mech show.

Generally, I just love seeing piloted machines fighting. The Macross series has been going almost as long as Gundam and focuses on mechs that can transform between fighter planes, a traditional human "Battroid" form and a hybrid mode. It's typically very, very fast with missile salvos to block out the sun and dog fights a plenty.

• Tempy wrote:
    Hawken is shit for many reasons, least of all perks. When I played it I thought it was rotten. Just felt like being a bloke jumping around, never at any point felt like a mech and the weapons all felt like you were shooting brightly coloured bits of torn tissue paper at each other, what a waste of time. Mechwarrior online is about as fun as a single, soiled boot as well. Just doesn't feel big, and the controls feel far to twitchy for a mech. It also looks blend as all hell, a highlight was playing on a map so dark that I was killed by a 70t mech that was 30 meters from me that I couldn't even see. Ain't been a solid Mech game in too long.

Was looking for a thread. Tried this yesterday, passing fun, seemed fine for a a dabble, but couldn't see where the depth would come from, and yes, movement and heft wasn't there.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    VR should mean major Mechwarrior resurgence. MW2, now that had heft.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • From Software are doing a new Armored Core. Does that count?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Imagine VR Steel Battalion with that controller but the controller had various mapping points so could appear as a digital double in game. Might heed some hand tracking too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    We need a game like Guns of Icarus Online but your team pilots a giant mech - Power Rangers style. Pacific Rimish.

You could make a decent Warhammer 40K Titan game like that. Throw your lately lax license at me GW.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!