Science, it definitely still works bitches.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    A carpet of moss would be life.

Yes, but I'm just covering my back, burned as I am by the aforementioned outbreak of crazy in the weirdness thread. I'm not claiming that NASA has found intelligent life, a planet covered in gleaming cities and traversed by flying cars. If it is life, it's probably something simple. Which would be incredible*, but anyone hoping to get space herpes should temper their expectations. Unless you can get it sticking your dick in a pile of alien moss.

*If it does turn out to be life, however basic, I think I'll be a little narked my dad wasn't here to see it. Like me, he was a little grumpy and dispirited about the general state of the world. If he was having a bad day, I could just have reminded him that he was around for the discovery of alien life, and he'd go "Oh yeah", and walk away whistling a happy tune.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'm not fucking space moss Swirl. You promised me sexy aliens.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It's the weirdness thread all over again. FFS. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I feel like I'm not smart enough to even click that.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Thank god for medical science.

• This was one of the news items -

Apparently this phenomenon was only discovered a couple of years ago which if true is surprising to me. You'd think some bored person would have tried sticking a magnet to a drill and mucking about with it long ago.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    You'd think some bored person would have tried sticking a magnet to a drill and mucking about with it long ago.

The difference between science and playing is that in the former you write things down.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Send your name (or that of a loved one) to Europa.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • One small step for manure.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    One small step for manure.

Yes.
  • Nice vid on complexity.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I quite like flat-earthers. They're so stubborn it's kind of sweet.

• The thing I never understand is why all the world's governments, scientists, astronomers etc etc would come together to tell the lie.

Most conspiracies have a believable motive to them even if the rest is nonsense.
    JFK shot for political reasons, easy to see.
    The Moon landing faked to stick a middle finger up to Russia, it tracks.
    Microchips in vaccines to control us, I'm sure many in power would be up for it.

What benefit is there to convincing us the Earth is a globe?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What is more likely? That we are on a globe or on a disc with a dome in the sky with lights hanging from it?

And who put the dome there? And why?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The JFK thing is the only one I can accept because there were benefits. And that head shot was work of a pro.

The inability to keep huge secrets is what makes most theories unravel as well.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The thing I never understand is why all the world's governments, scientists, astronomers etc etc would come together to tell the lie. Most conspiracies have a believable motive to them even if the rest is nonsense. JFK shot for political reasons, easy to see. The Moon landing faked to stick a middle finger up to Russia, it tracks. Microchips in vaccines to control us, I'm sure many in power would be up for it. What benefit is there to convincing us the Earth is a globe?

It comes from the religious right that want us to believe the Earth is still the centre of everything.
  • In that case its a total waste of time telling them any science.
  • Seems to be. They're not all religious but they find garbage that these groups put out on the web.
  • It's the same thing with climate change. Big oil just pumps this stuff out anonymously.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    The JFK thing is the only one I can accept because there were benefits. And that head shot was work of a pro.

The inability to keep huge secrets is what makes most theories unravel as well.

Lee Harvey Oswald was a marksman in the marines.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The JFK thing is the only one I can accept because there were benefits. And that head shot was work of a pro. The inability to keep huge secrets is what makes most theories unravel as well.

He wasn't rated highly by the marines and he had been out of action for some time.  He still may have done it. But a review of the situation came to the conclusion that it was more likely than not that there was >1 shooter , which means a conspiracy.  What was the purpose of it? As with any conspiracy theory,  that's the real question.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Do the math

• Had some fun chats tonight about the Mormons. Is everyone familiar with the insane architecture of their churches across the US? Do a quick Google if not.

Can you imagine what the construction and maintenance contracts are worth?

Would you like to know some of the terms and conditions of those contracts?

Apparently all their suppliers sign contracts not per project, not per year, not for three or five years … but “until God deems it otherwise”.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    The JFK thing is the only one I can accept because there were benefits. And that head shot was work of a pro. The inability to keep huge secrets is what makes most theories unravel as well.

He wasn't rated highly by the marines and he had been out of action for some time.  He still may have done it. But a review of the situation came to the conclusion that it was more likely than not that there was >1 shooter , which means a conspiracy.  What was the purpose of it? As with any conspiracy theory,  that's the real question.

He wasn't highly rated because he was an anti authoritarian dip shit with a god complex. Also, I got that wrong. He was a sharpshooter, which is better than marksman.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    He wasn't highly rated because he was an anti authoritarian dip shit with a god complex. Also, I got that wrong. He was a sharpshooter, which is better than marksman.

I'm getting off this merry-go-round!!  :)
  • Just as much chance that a secret service agent had a weapon with a hair trigger and accidentally caused the fatal wound as any number of mad conspiracy theories involving the mafia or fbi.

I have a hard time taking conspiracy theories seriously when most of them completely rule out incompetence.  Its more likely someone fucked up than a spiders web of shadow organisations with numerous operatives performing to an elite level.  Have you met humans?  We always fuck up, it should be our epitaph (It'll give the aliens something to read and have a laugh at after we've shot our own dick off).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!