PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    You'd have heard me cursing, for sure.
  • I'm very jealous of those new to this. 

Mario Kart 8 is genuinely exceptional, I think it was the only thing I played on Wii U for a good 9 months.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Gamermike wrote:
    I'm very jealous of those new to this.  Mario Kart 8 is genuinely exceptional, I think it was the only thing I played on Wii U for a good 9 months.

I played MK8, Windwaker, and about 5 minutes of Super Metroid. Essentially just MK8, astonishing game.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A few hours on splitscreen on the tablet and the screen is just big enough to be not too small. You have to get very close to it though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    And is another must have for Nintendo. It's a crazy amount of fun.
  • Joycon issue seems to have resolved itself.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mario Kart 8 has a BIG secret fans will love.

But what its it?  I've skim read this twice and I'm none the wiser.  At one point I thought it included up-rezzed versions of previous handheld games, but I've come to the realisation that whoever wrote the article forgot that it was supposed to go with the headline.

At a guess the classic SNES battle mode map?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Kow wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Where is the options setting?

Which options you looking for Kow? The options to turn off the driving aid and motion control etc is hidden within the kart customisation screen, pressing the + button reveals it I believe.

Ah, gotcha, that was it.

It's also on the main screen, btw.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Amazon said the whole day it's on its way, just delayed, expect it before 8pm. Now it's 8pm and I check the status again, it says "somewhere between now and May 2nd". Nice one. Should have gone digital, might see if I can change my order to the digital one. I realized only after ordering that that was an option as well, didn't know you could buy codes.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    According to Polygon this is Amazon's US best selling game of 2017. Only Playstation network cards have sold more. Means it has sold more than Zelda. Quite something, seeing this is an upgraded version of a game, and Zelda was new.
  • I have to keep reminding myself I got this for the local MP, the cheating in SP is, and always has been, a piece of shit. You can basically just flip a coin over whether you're going to be hit 3 times and overhauled in the final stretch.
  • You can see your two power ups in the top left when you have picked stuff up - is there any way to switch between them?
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    According to Polygon this is Amazon's US best selling game of 2017. Only Playstation network cards have sold more. Means it has sold more than Zelda. Quite something, seeing this is an upgraded version of a game, and Zelda was new.

That's because Amazon were selling it for £8
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • No ref swapping items.

Played battle mode yesterday with the kids yesterday for a couple of hours loads of fun even tho we all wanted/missed our regular kart/bike set ups. Balloon battle can get quite tense when your winning with 1 balloon left. The points deduction if you lose all your balloons is a position killer, fantastic stuff.

The unlock grind now.......starts......again.....

• Don't have a switch yet but played this last night with a friend and it's simply magic. Nintendo perfection.... I'll be getting caught switch for crimbo no feckin doubt.
    Peter3C
  • Who's up for some Super Saturday Kart this eve then?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I noticed some weird problem with syncing the controllers a few times. First time I turned it on it went a bit nuts, wouldn't sync at all. Had to reset the console.
  • Nina wrote:

Easy to forget just how big MK is:

Super Mario Kart: 8.76M - 4th best selling SNES game
    Mario Kart 64: 9.87M - 2nd best selling N64 game
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit: 5.47M - 5th best selling GBA game
    Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: 6.95M - 2nd best selling GCN game
    Mario Kart DS: 23.60M - 3rd best selling DS game
    Mario Kart Wii: 36.95M - 2nd best selling Wii game
    Mario Kart 7: 15.22M - 3rd best selling 3DS game
    Mario Kart 8: 8.31M - Best selling Wii U game

I know this is the first port of an MK game but Zelda has never outsold its generations MK. As big as BotW could be (OoT's 7.6M could finally be toppled) I don't think it has much chance of outselling MK8D.

Seeing as we only get one MK per system, is anyone here expecting a true Switch MK game?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • More DLC would be good.
    I don't think there is much point in making MK9 on Switch when tracks and characters can be added to MK8.
  • I agree, I think another batch of DLC the size of the first on MK8 would suffice.

I'd rather them make something else and keep to the one MK to a system pattern.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I think the DLC gives a bit more freedom as well. If they make another game they have to make another Mario, Rainbow Road, Luigi circuit etc.

Whereas DLC could be a Pikmin track (which would be awesome) or Samus etc
  • Just out of interest I've quickly complied this...

MK attach rates:
    1. Mario Kart 8 - 61%
    2. Mario Kart Wii - 36%
    3. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - 32%
    4. Mario Kart 64 - 30%
    5. Mario Kart 7 - 23%
    6. Super Mario Kart - 18%
    7. Mario Kart DS - 15%
    8. Mario Kart: Super Circuit - 7%
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • A new MK game for Switch would be awesome. Otherwise we'd be left with a console with just a port.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just a port but a bloody amazing one. I'm struggling to see how it can be improved upon tbh.
  • Apart from battle mode, how much better is it than on WiiU? All I know from someone on here is they nerfed fire-hopping but that's all I know.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • How much farther can it be taken though? Haven't we kinda reached a plateau of Things That Can Be Done With Mario Kart?
  • They could make their characters run around the tracks.

I guess the only realistic option is to officially go NiNtendo Kart.
  • For a good while I have wanted them to take it into Smash territory by including the extended Nintendo family, which they started with DLC in MK8. Gameplay wise it is kind of done really, with no major graphical leap between WiiU and Switch I struggle to see what a new version would add that couldn't be DLC.
  • How much farther can it be taken though? Haven't we kinda reached a plateau of Things That Can Be Done With Mario Kart?

We have with a lot of games/genres tbh.

Nothing wrong with more of the same though, unless its FIFA.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!