Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I'll be team cake as it acts fast on Shatner's bassoon.

Hahaha
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Nice shirts, spotted some pins as well I think? Wish they'd sold more of that stuff over here, would love it.

And I'm officially Team Ice Cream, as little pieces of cake/brownie in a cold stone ice cream are delicious, but I don't like ice cream over cake.

Do you want me to grab you the pins? I'm basically a pack horse for other people anyway but happy to grab for anyone who wants. They're only about £8 for a set of 4 metal pin badges
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh wow, that'd be great! Only if you've time for it and are in the area anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's Shibuya so I totally will be back
  • Just caught up on the direct. Looking good, although it seems a lot more complicated than the first. Like the app thing, shame about the outrageous chat solution.
  • Modern Era: use phone to chat = outrageous.
  • You could do that in 1880.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Nice shirts, spotted some pins as well I think? Wish they'd sold more of that stuff over here, would love it. And I'm officially Team Ice Cream, as little pieces of cake/brownie in a cold stone ice cream are delicious, but I don't like ice cream over cake.
    Do you want me to grab you the pins? I'm basically a pack horse for other people anyway but happy to grab for anyone who wants. They're only about £8 for a set of 4 metal pin badges

Reg I'd happily pay well over the odds for these as well, my good friend.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hello I read you loud and clear buddy
  • When are the reviews out for this then??
  • A bit closer to release, which is over a week away.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Complete chaos about this game. I picked up a clue of copies of the fake band (wet floor) 's EP which came out today after queueing for 40 mins. With it came tickets for seeing the fake band at a gig venue on 7/30, 4 days after I left. A guy offered to buy the tickets for ¥200 each, covering a good chunk of the cost. This game is going to be immense
  • Ten days to go

giphy.gif
  • Never played this but looking forward to it. I'm gonna get it. What's the online deal? Free for now but when do they start charging??
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Charging starts next year
  • Is this a game where you shoot the mans or paint the floor? What makes it good?

I've never looked at it.
  • It feels good to shoot paint. (Gyro aiming is great). Generally the game has good sensory feel.

No shot is wasted.

Team work works without voice (because the thing to do is more blatantly obvious)

• The best thing about it is the main loop of fire/move/reload. You shoot ink everywhere which depletes your ammo reserves, natch. But then you can jump into the ink to move around at double speed and traverse obstacles, whilst refuelling ink. It's that rare game design quirk where everything you can do feeds into the main aim of the game: cover everything with ink. Special weapons, splatting folk, getting to places on the map, they all feed into one single thing.

This is mixed up by the objective games, but at its core the primary gameplay loop is really great. Also moving away from Military/SciFi aesthetic and the expected guns means that you get silly things like rollers, brushes, buckets, and all sorts of other things you'd not get in other games, and that's novel and fun. Nothing like quietly covering part of the map with your roller before steamrolling a bunch of unaware people from behind.
  • Is this a game where you shoot the mans or paint the floor? What makes it good? I've never looked at it.

Everything makes it good, it's just so bloody satisfying to play. The splat ahead, dive into splat only to gracefully dive out and splat ahead again is so wonderfully fluid I can see why dolphins like to muck about so much. The free drip feed of content works surprisingly well even though I slated the idea at first the last time round - I can see why they're also doing it with Arms, it's that gentle introduction to a mechanic that can be deep when you get the hang and makes the thing less intimidating and more likely to be understood. The sheer joy of covering everything in paint is a joy.

DO NOT TURN OFF THE MOTION CONTROLS. Just get used to them from the off and you'll be fine. I think I had to turn down the sensitivity in the first game but it becomes natural very quickly. I'm really quite excited.
  • I turned them off cause I didn't like them in the first game. Didn't like the relationship between the motion controls and the right stick. So I turned them off and I liked it less. Then I gave up on the game and I regret it now.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • This all sounds great. Cheers people.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No one has mentioned the music. You're all fucking dead to me
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What makes this game good is that it's fun and fresh. You can play online for just a few matches, and have fun with it, but even when having long sessions this game keeps being fun. Like Gazelle says, it's satisfying to play and it all feels really smooth. 
    Play with motion controls, but adjust the sensitivity. I got a pro controller for it, as I think that feels better than the two separate joy cons (sadly not the Splatoon Pro controller, didn't realize it was more expensive, wasn't sure about the coloured handles. Now I have the grey one I think the colours would actually have worked nicely).

Sadly I probably won't be around at release weekend, I usually don't get much time to play so went for the Walmart deal, -$13,- if you pick it up in store, but for some reason it says the 25th. Hopefully changes closer to release.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I dunno if I buy this on download while I'm here but fuffuuu
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    And the music of course, almost forgot that...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    And the music of course, almost forgot that...

Good work
  • I've never played a splatmans and whenever I see footage I don't really know what to think. Need to get on the testfire, if my Switch eventually decides to start downloading things.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Download is the waaaaaaay.
  • Alright I'll switch motion controls back on.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Download is the waaaaaaay.
    That was my thought too but then Walmart suddenly started selling the physical fairly cheap. Nothing ever gets discounted on release here, unless you pay for Prime or a Best Buy card, but to get something out of those you need to buy 2 games a month.

Hopefully the eShop version will be discounted at some point and I can sell my physical.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!