Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • I bought the TN Jaques
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Vapormaxes I finally liked enough to nab:

fp_042533_a?w=615&h=476

They are a bit hilariously bouncy.
  • Haven't really seen a colour way I've liked yet B, though I'm slightly tempted by these current ones...
    eNWv7rY.png

How do you rate them as a trainer now you have them?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Brooks wrote:
    Vapormaxes I finally liked enough to nab:

fp_042533_a?w=615&h=476

They are a bit hilariously bouncy.

They're rather lovely :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Honestly, my daily wear at the mo. They're light of course, but the boingyness keeps them fun more than pillowy like Addy's Boost stuff. 

I keep bouncing extra hard on my heels just to see if I can pop 'em. A shoe for absolute recreation.
  • Hmmmmm. I am tempted.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I tried some on before JDSports ridiculously convuluted purchasing system made me realise that dropping that much on a colourway that wasn't the one I wanted was dumb. Crazy comfy shoe. That blue looks nice, the Oreo was the only so far that really sang to me
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Would they be any cop as a running shoe?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I always found running shoes to be a false economy. Cheaper to get through two and a half pairs of Silver Shadows than to by the latest Asics or Brooks. But I'd think so, though the bouncy might annoy. They're very light and they lockdown well. But at that price I wouldn't want to sweat in them
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I always found running shoes to be a false economy. Cheaper to get through two and a half pairs of Silver Shadows than to by the latest Asics or Brooks. But I'd think so, though the bouncy might annoy. They're very light and they lockdown well. But at that price I wouldn't want to sweat in them

I run about 1500 miles a year and I'd heartily disagree with that. Quality, supportive running shoes that are right for your gait are essential if you want to avoid injury. I'm pining for a pair of Vaporfly Elite, which aren't particularly nice to look at but will give you that bounce that Vapormaxes do.

IMG_5747.jpg
  • Running platforms?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I haven't run in years, and I do get the points about gait, just from running in boots so much I despised spending beer money on trainers that'd last a couple of months. The Silver Shadows might only last a month but the only cost like £15
  • Vaporflys are the shit but are bare spenny. Other than that you can get adidas pureboost in sales for like 65 quid, get those if you want some impact prprotection, or if baller get ultraboosts or the EQT boosts, still less than the Vaporfly.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I don't think the Vaporfly is anything like a real running shoe. It merely channels the notion, in the service of flossing and, as I mentioned, going boiiiiing
  • I actually really like the Vaporfly 4% (pictured above) and the Elite that no one can actually purchase yet.
  • I thought the Vaporfly came out of the Nike challenge to try and beat a sub two hour marathon though? Pretty sure they're intended as runners, especially at the eye watering price Nike want for them.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • They look horrendous, you would be hacking at your ankle to get them off you as soon as you break into a canter. I'm with Cocko, Silver Shadows were the shit back in the day and I bet they still are. I used to bomb around cross country tracks as a lad in some ten pound Dunlops and was breaking the top 15 places. Classic cases of style and marketing over substance and graft up there.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Tbf, I'm thinking of wearing them about the house as glorified slippers :)
  • Roujin wrote:
    I thought the Vaporfly came out of the Nike challenge to try and beat a sub two hour marathon though? Pretty sure they're intended as runners, especially at the eye watering price Nike want for them.

Yep, they're as close to an ideal distance running shoe as you can get. Look a state, mind. Webbins obviously still dealing with the mental scars of Gola footie boots.

• g.man wrote:
    Tbf, I'm thinking of wearing them about the house as glorified slippers :)

And so you should, princess.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Webbins obviously still dealing with the mental scars of Gola footie boots.

Patrick actually, and several pairs of.  Imagine my glee when me ma stretched to a pair of budget Diadoras.  Of course I got Puma Kings as soon as I could buy my own.  Adidas Copa Mundials now sit kicking nothing in the wardrobe, the classics are always the best.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    They look horrendous, you would be hacking at your ankle to get them off you as soon as you break into a canter. I'm with Cocko, Silver Shadows were the shit back in the day and I bet they still are. I used to bomb around cross country tracks as a lad in some ten pound Dunlops and was breaking the top 15 places. Classic cases of style and marketing over substance and graft up there.

It's fine as a kid, but when you have an arthritic knee you need all the help you can get.
  • Osgood-Schlatters here during my early teens, I think I had it for about a year to 18 months.  Had to quit school football team, school running team, play in goal in the playground, in goal, ffs.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Osgood-Schlatters here during my early teens
    Oooooh! I had a pair of those too!
  • Webbins wrote:
    Osgood-Schlatters here during my early teens, I think I had it for about a year to 18 months.  Had to quit school football team, school running team, play in goal in the playground, in goal, ffs.

Me too, me too. Mondials in the wardrobe though, cap doffed good sir.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think these are kinda funny, definitely thumbing her nose to the culture that's built up around her work and pays her bills

Louis-Vuitton-Nike-Monarchs-1-681x453.jpg
  • Bloody Nike. Such a limited run of CR7 air max 97s. So much so that Nike was the only online store with any to sell and ALL the stock goes in under 60 seconds.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah but they were honking
  • Only just had a proper look at the Yeezy Wave Runners. Jeez they're ugly. Look like the sneaker equivalent of the car Homer designed.
  • I don't get yeezy Sneakers. Hideously expensive, sellout in minutes on each release. Must be an age thing.

@cocko I'm now determined to find a pair and wear them to the next badger meetup just so you can tell me they are fugly

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!