So, what IS your avatar? And username, for that matter?
  • I have a surname, so I made use.
  • How do they pronounce the '_'?

Edit: @AJ_
  • It's pronounced exactly the same as "all high king of everything who we all love as a god". You may pronounce it like that as well. Or simply ignore it and pretend that it was used to fill space because the forum required three letters minimum in usernames.
  • My username is a WACKY PLAY ON WORDS THAT INCLUDES MY NAME and yes I've already heard Gaviscon okay
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Have a Gaviscon.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • mines from an iain m banks book, its terribly witty
  • That's pretty fucking insensitive, isn't it now?

Edit: at Ayyy Jaaayyy
  • regmcfly wrote:
    ...I'm probably one of the only people who gets called their username outside of the forum...
    I'm guessing you mean by real non-forum people, as opposed to by forum-people in real life.  The -stocks, I recall, were a confuddle of people being called more than one thing.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    I'm guessing you mean by real non-forum people, as opposed to by forum-people in real life.  The -stocks, I recall, were a confuddle of people being called more than one thing.

Heh, yeah. At the start: "Let's learn each other's real names. Can't be using forum handles out in the real world."

Later, when we're all mashed: "FROSTY. WHERE'S FROSTRY? THERE HE ISH. HAVE YOU SEEN REG? I THINK WOOKIE IS IN THE BOGSH."
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Give me a minute, I'm trying to come up with a cream and jam related retort.
  • Surely A.J, A_J or A-J would have looked less like you'd forgotten something.
  • I like it for three reasons, which I'm going to put as bullet points since I recently discovered they work and am still a little excited by that.
    • A and J are my first two initials, it represents the missing third one.
    • It looks a bit like a cursor, sitting there after I've typed it.
    • I aesthetically prefer the A and J together and unseparated.
  • • Henceforth I will pronounce it Ahj.
  • AJ is a backstreet boy lololololol
    • [o]Fair enough

EDIT: @Adam. Also, damn, empty circle bullets don't work.

I can't stand it in real life, all the AJ's I've ever met or heard about have been dicks.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Heh, yeah. At the start: "Let's learn each other's real names. Can't be using forum handles out in the real world." Later, when we're all mashed: "FROSTY. WHERE'S FROSTRY? THERE HE ISH. HAVE YOU SEEN REG? I THINK WOOKIE IS IN THE BOGSH."

I like the idea of this conversation.

It wasn't that weird calling Beano by his forum name. I actually prefer Dante to my own name to be honest. I have something of a strange relationship with my own name. I'm called Alexander James because my Mum wanted me to be called AJ, but then called me Alex instead. Throughout my life close friends generally referred to me as Al, although for years I didn't even register this. Some people use AJ in texts. At work I have Xander on my name badge, and answer the phone with this. Whenever anyone asks me my name though, I tell them it's Alex.
  • I go by all versions of my name in real life, too.  Most people know me as Andrew, my family and a few close friends call me Drew.  I was never Andy until I started with the Police, where everyone's name gets shortened, out of friendliness, they opted for he more common diminutive, and I didn't correct them.  Same happened on here, but by then I was responding to Andy on a regular basis anyway.  It galls my mum when she hears it.
  • Oh, and I now also respond to Adam if I'm playing online.  Because, y'know.
  • I was going to post 'just not Adam', but thought I'd better not wind you up.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I pronounce it Adickum.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message

If you listen carefully, the first Buckingham does have a B in it. But it's a Buckingham close call.

I pronounce krs as kris in my head. I obviously can't read this forum while I'm eating.
  • Escape wrote:
    I pronounce krs as kris in my head.
    Don't we all?

Skirt, I hope the stress is on the first syllable.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Most of the time, yes.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Jimmy always put stress on the first syllabus.

adkm1979 wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    I pronounce krs as kris in my head.
    Don't we all?

If I'd known she was sleeping in my Tesco's car park that time, I'd have gone and said hello. Told her it's Tesco, not Tescos. In Spain, Tesco is The Budgens.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    In Spain, they spell Valu.
  • Most of you know my real name because if I pm you I generally put it on there.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I used to be JB but then thought why not have forum people refer to me by my actual name. Although I'm a Jonathan in full, but I don't tend to bother with that and only a few family members ever use it.
  • You'll always be "Sloop" to me.

:D

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mine is my first name and the first letter of my surname. The case is carefully selected and follows my preferred naming convention for variable names.

I vary quite a bit so it all makes sense.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!