The No Subject Thread
  • Call the popo and the council. They don't have rights to be there and they will be busy fly tippng all their shit errywhere.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I AM A GOLDEN GOD OF PAGE TURN FUCKRIES
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • The Daddy wrote:
    My folks’ house backed onto playing fields. When some travelers moved in all our fish in the fish pond mysteriously died. There were no other major issues that I can remember, they didn’t stay long. You could always try making friends with them! They’re probably mostly nice people.
    A group of us went to talk with their "leader" last night, they told us they are here for a wedding and then planning on going back to Ireland on Saturday. Later they then informed us and the council they will be gone on Thursday. We told them that if they abide by two rules "stay on that half of the field and stay true to your word and leave on thursday" then everyone will get on nicely.

The police have been to visit and I've had a call from the local council who told us they are taking matters to the courts and that the travellers have also told them of their intentions to leave on thursday so hopefully this will all work out.

In the meantime all the neighbours have agreed a neighbourhood watch, we've all locked up everything that isnt bolted down outside in our garages and everyones cars are parked right up against the garage doors to make them impossible to open.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • help with google/gmail. When I log in to google it prompts me with the option to log into a possible four gmail accounts. I don't have access to two of them anymore so I want to remove them from the list. How do I do this?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Clear your cookies?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My folks’ house backed onto playing fields. When some travelers moved in all our fish in the fish pond mysteriously died. There were no other major issues that I can remember, they didn’t stay long. You could always try making friends with them! They’re probably mostly nice people.
    A group of us went to talk with their "leader" last night, they told us they are here for a wedding and then planning on going back to Ireland on Saturday. Later they then informed us and the council they will be gone on Thursday. We told them that if they abide by two rules "stay on that half of the field and stay true to your word and leave on thursday" then everyone will get on nicely. The police have been to visit and I've had a call from the local council who told us they are taking matters to the courts and that the travellers have also told them of their intentions to leave on thursday so hopefully this will all work out. In the meantime all the neighbours have agreed a neighbourhood watch, we've all locked up everything that isnt bolted down outside in our garages and everyones cars are parked right up against the garage doors to make them impossible to open.

Ah, they're Irish travellers? While I don't like to be racist about it, you'd best keep an eye on them and your house. They generally don't give a flying monkeys for any rules or agreements, and are not averse to agro.
  • Yea we’re keeping a firm eye on them and making sure our house is never left unattended. I workfrom home so I’m here during the day.
    My wife and kids will have to go to a different park on the other side of town as the one here is trashed already
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • do kung-fu on them
  • Tempy wrote:
    do kung-fu on them
    if only life were so simple
  • Request a straightener on cobbles in an amusing Youtube video.
  • JLy4OFl.gif
  • I put my kids to bed last night and came downstairs to find that a group of 10 caravans had moved onto the football pitches outside my house. 
    Our house opens up onto the field and has always been beautiful and a safe place to play outside with the kids, the field is used by all the local kids football clubs and is always in immaculate condition.
    Now when I open my curtains all I can see is a traveller camp. 

I'm so annoyed, so frustrated and also scared for the safety of my kids and my house.

Contact the local council - if they are illegally camped somewhere then they’ll be given 48hrs to move on.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • A lesson in always reading past the page turn.
  • They are almost on my front lawn.
    They are riding loud dirt bikes up and down the paths out front, across the fields, tearing up the pitch as they do so.
    There’s rubbish everywhere and their dogs are shitting all over the place.
    The police have been out several times but nothing can be done.
    They’ve served them with an eviction notice from the council but it’s gonna take weeks to get one from the courts.

I feel sick to my stomach, I feel like crying. This is a nightmare
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We have our work car park where they rock up for about a week every six weeks. Three colleagues have had their windscreens put through and two other colleagues were bitten by their dogs, which had to be put down.

I'm not arsed about racism on this matter when every traveller I've personally met has been a complete cunt.
  • We used to have them in Milton Keynes when I was growing up, crime followed them and they always left a trail of shit behind.
    Their kids would come to our school briefly and leave a nits out break everytime.

Fuck em all. Can't stand them.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yar, there's not a lot you can do but wait it out, unfortunately. In Ireland we're used to them and anybody will tell you just steer as far clear as you can. Bad luck if they're on your doorstep. If it really is a wedding then they'll probably be on their way fairly sharpish but if antagonised they could stay longer just out of spite.
  • Friends with a guy who used to be yr typical one but he left cos he hated it and wanted an actual house. Still has a lot of family involved so isn't fully out, but he's a stand up guy with a beautiful wee family and works hard.

The rest can go fuck themselves. Terrorised my hometown growing up.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Seriously, keep everything nailed down and dogs locked up becuase they'll have those too.
  • I know some lovely travellers. Nicest people ever. I've also had my house broken into by some unpleasant traveller folk. Mixed bag.

I feel massively for you guys though. It sounds horrific.
  • We have our work car park where they rock up for about a week every six weeks. Three colleagues have had their windscreens put through and two other colleagues were bitten by their dogs, which had to be put down.

I'm not arsed about racism on this matter when every traveller I've personally met has been a complete cunt.

We had them appear over a weekend last month in the car park of one of our offices. One of the staff from the Children & Young People’s health team went out at 9am and asked the matriarch if any if the kids wanted looked at by a health visitor whilst they were there. They were packed up and gone by midday.
  • Nothing quite like a clear night this far north at this time of year.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Urgh, I had a dream last night where this bad guy from Bravely Default
    FQVgFuP.png
    crossed character with Trump and I think it was walking around in my aunt's house. Don't remember much more but it was during that part where you're actually waking up but the dream won't leave your brain.

Very confusing and I'm super tired today.
  • Weird, was thinking about Bravely Default yesterday. Maybe it’s on the mind because of Octopath...?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm playing Bravely Default right now, so that'll be it. Just defeated that guy there before going to bed, and he was giving me some trouble.

Doesn't mean I want it to pop up in my brain for the rest of the day... So tired.

It's a good fit for Trump though, he's already being compared to Hitler for the kid camps at the borders, the guy up there likes to experiment with chemicals and is known in the game for creating and using some deadly toxic most.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    With one of my best mates barbecuing and discussing recipes. In addition to working our way through 20 litres of 6.1% IPA so if I don't reply to anything pray for me tomorrow
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If there is no hondposting by the end of the night I will be disappointed.
  • Session IPA is it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!