The TV you like thread
  • yeah, i was the same with the grand tour.

I’ll watch a bit of it this year, but only because I’m in it.

Shit tier television for all the reasons Boris stated.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Top Gear people need to realise the big three was a happening that occurred naturally; not by any design.

It needs to draw a line under it and get back to being a motoring journalism show. For all of Clarkson and Cos faults they knew about motoring and were fanboys who happened to get on.

The latest attempts have proven that Chris Evans is a tosser (as if that were needed), Le Blanc would get bored (and did). This one will fair no better without a solid backup from someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Paddy McGuinness is a prick who got lucky in Phoenix Nights and has lived off it since.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    TBF, it did feel like they were starting to gel as a threesome in the last series, despite the fact that Rory rarely got included. I think they should have stuck with Chris and Rory and tried to find a new, non-Paddy McGuinness third.
  • Give McGuinness his due he's very good on Take Me Out.

The Grand Tour should be ok now it's found it's feet. Series two was a step in teh right direction and was an improvement on season one.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just throw it all in the bin tbh.
  • Bob wrote:
    Give McGuinness his due he's very good on Take Me Out.

That's like praising a fly for being good at eating horse dung.
  • davyK wrote:
    Top Gear people need to realise the big three was a happening that occurred naturally; not by any design. It needs to draw a line under it and get back to being a motoring journalism show. For all of Clarkson and Cos faults they knew about motoring and were fanboys who happened to get on. The latest attempts have proven that Chris Evans is a tosser (as if that were needed), Le Blanc would get bored (and did). This one will fair no better without a solid backup from someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Paddy McGuinness is a prick who got lucky in Phoenix Nights and has lived off it since.
    Yeah I don't watch any of this stuff anymore. But I used to watch Top Gear 10 years ago or so. It got stale but did seem like an exaggerated, staged version of what those three twats might be doing anyway. And it could be quite funny. The modern show was built around the chemistry of those presenters. That's not a format that you can just slot a load of random perky pricks into and expect to work. 
    As much as I can't stand McGuinness, if they're going to carry on with it, he is the sort of twat that can give it a new direction. That direction is going to be low-brow, desperate, unfunny lads bants.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    I thought the latest episode of The Good Place was an absolute delight.  There's not much you can say without becoming horrifically spoiler heavy, but it was simultaneously feel-good yet kind of subversive.   Doctor Who was a more complicated one to comment on.  Some of the acting was terrible, dialogue was often clunky, often coming across as nothing more than a lesson, and the music choice at the end was faintly embarrassing, but...  When I heard they were doing a Rosa Parks episode I was seriously worried - and yet they dodged pretty much every potential pitfall.  That's actually quite an achievement.  Fundamentally it was about her, not the doctor and Co.  It's also, to my mind, the only time Who's really tackled racism head-on.  (Sure, it's been raised before, but here it was clearly the enemy - more so than the episode's bolted on baddie - and they did a good job of conveying its ubiquitous evil) Also, having sniggered at Bradley Walsh's presence to date, he gets one truly great moment in this that made me realise he's earned his spot.

It's black history month, and I couldn't help find the whole thing slightly manipulative.

"Kids will have to watch this as every teacher in the UK will tell them to mwa ha haaa".
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just throw it all in the bin tbh.

Probably the best advice I’ve heard. Time to hang up the driving gloves.

Is Fifth Gear still going?
  • As a youtube channel, yeah, I think so. Could be wrong.
  • Fifth gear is still going. I prefer it to top gear as its about reviewing cars
  • Luke Cage has been cancelled by Netflix. Nothing to do with viewing figures. This smacks of Disney streaming service owning marvel me thinks.
  • Again? It's only a couple of days since it last got cancelled.
  • Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff are gonna do top gear.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff are going to be doing Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Iron Cock and Canye Hear Me Now Man.
  • Disney have cancelled top gear because Netflix own the rights to Joey from friends which is a comic owned by marvel.
  • Meanwhile Paddy McGuiness will be fisting Andrew Flintoff in an Iron Cage.
  • BBC really scraping the barrell with paddy and freddie. Poor Rory Reid stuck on Top Gear extra. I like Chris Harris. Still think they should have tried to get a female presenter in the main three cast. The boys club ship sailed with clarkson and co. I would have liked to have seen Chris Harris, Tiff Needell (not on fifth gear anymore) and a young lady (no idea who, just a car enthusiast who can really drive).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Being able to really drive wasn’t a requirement for Richard ‘crashy mccrashface’ Hammond.
  • Jodie Kidd is the best Top Gear presenter that Top Gear never had. Girl can drive, too.
  • I think the ending was great myself.
    Spoiler:

My problem is really that
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    I thought the latest episode of The Good Place was an absolute delight.  There's not much you can say without becoming horrifically spoiler heavy, but it was simultaneously feel-good yet kind of subversive.  

Doctor Who was a more complicated one to comment on.  Some of the acting was terrible, dialogue was often clunky, often coming across as nothing more than a lesson, and the music choice at the end was faintly embarrassing, but...  When I heard they were doing a Rosa Parks episode I was seriously worried - and yet they dodged pretty much every potential pitfall.  That's actually quite an achievement.  Fundamentally it was about her, not the doctor and Co.  It's also, to my mind, the only time Who's really tackled racism head-on.  (Sure, it's been raised before, but here it was clearly the enemy - more so than the episode's bolted on baddie - and they did a good job of conveying its ubiquitous evil)

Also, having sniggered at Bradley Walsh's presence to date, he gets one truly great moment in this that made me realise he's earned his spot.

Just watched Who, I thought it was pretty solid all told. Apparently, it was the first ever Who written by a person of colour, Malorie Blackman, and it seemed most appropriate.

Time for TGP.
  • The bites on Twitter that Limmy got over his CLEARLY A JOKE tweet about Dr. Who today. Spectacular scenes.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I think the ending was great myself.
    Spoiler:

My problem is really that
    Spoiler:

Very fair points...
    Spoiler:

In other news, Halt and Catch Fire Season 4 is outstanding. Episode 7...
    Spoiler:
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Halt & Catch Fire was one of the finest TV show’s I’ve seen. A masterclass in how to do a final season with a proper ending.
  • Finished Hill House. It wasn't the best ending, or perhaps it was the right ending but all wrapped up too quickly, and without enough of the surreal stuff in earlier episodes.

Other than that though I thought it was brilliantly done. The plotting and the directing were fantastic, especially those middle 2 episodes. One of the best things I've seen on TV this year.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Halt & Catch Fire was one of the finest TV show’s I’ve seen. A masterclass in how to do a final season with a proper ending.

Yep, it really was quite special.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Daredevil season 3 is as dull as fuck so far. Maudly Matt in the church all day. Go and fucking thump people!
  • I like it a lot better than season two anyway. That sucked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!