Anthem - Time of Death: 24/02/2021
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Im in for bone.

Loser

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Buy me a PS4 then you fuck.
  • I can't, Brexit. Also remainer sashimi habit
  • Fuck a Brexit, you'll be eating canal sashimi this time next year.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    eating canal sashimi
    This is a fantastic euphemism for the end of a night out at lockside Camden in the 00s
  • Trip to tufnell clinic next day for sho
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    We're all going Bono I assume. Of course we are.

PC? 60fps? Hallo!
  • PC Wankers!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • *runs away*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    PC? 60fps? Hallo!

I'll be trying to run it closer to 120fps first Haak.. naturally.. if I have to grind down to 60 to amp up the pretty wheel then .. well .. we'll have to see.  #lulz #masterace4lyfe etc etc
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Could go PC but nobody will be playing it after a week. And I won't be able to sit in the sofa. And I like my Xbox.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    PC Wankers!

I know. But man, I'd play on my Xbox in a heart beat if it could provide me with 60/120hz rates. I abstained from PC Gaming for years because I am already hunched over a PC all day at work and well who wants to be doing the same thing again that night. 

But when I went back and played games like Destiny 2, The Division and The Witcher at 60fps / 4k it just made it almost impossible to return to console versions that were running at half the refresh rates. I booted up Destiny 2 on the Xbox the other day and it was just unplayable for me at 30fps.

I really hope next gen we can get consoles that can at least pull of a consistent 60+fps on all games. I'll take the responsive elements of game play over fidelity any day.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    isanbard wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    PC? 60fps? Hallo!
    I'll be trying to run it closer to 120fps first Haak.. naturally.. if I have to grind down to 60 to amp up the pretty wheel then .. well .. we'll have to see.  #lulz #masterace4lyfe etc etc

You in the VIP this coming weekend? Tempted to pre-order all though it pains me to give EA money like that... Still, would be interested to see how I can push the 1050ti and my i7.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Haak, have you tried any interpolation settings on your TV? Eg Sports/Vivid mode typically? Turn down the colours and it gives a fairly convincing 'faux' 60fps IMO.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I was banished form the TV long ago. Play on Monitors nowadays. I tried The Witcher actually with the X update and it's nice and silky in most places but still drops to low 40fps in some areas. 

I just really hope the next hardware cycle is at least capable of matching PC in frames.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    PC? 60fps? Hallo!
    You in the VIP this coming weekend? Tempted to pre-order all though it pains me to give EA money like that... Still, would be interested to see how I can push the 1050ti and my i7.

I did indeed jump on the ShopTo deal for £33 Haak.

I've just checked and now have a code to put in somewhere so it looks like I'm in for this weekend. Haven't paid them yet either so could conceivably cancel the whole lot if it turns out to be too shonky. 

Not too sure now though where that pre order beta code will actually go? Origin? Steam? Epic? GoG? I'll start plugging away and see what happens.. I remember when you used to put cartridges in things and games just happened.

Edit: The EA website suggests it'll be a Origin game so lets fire up that launcher, wait for it to update 6 times, crash twice and see if I can get the code to work there first.
  • Did you get the code as an email or is it on the pre-order page?
    I don't think I have received anything yet.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    A yellow box appeared to click on the pre order page. "Activate Code" if memory serves? 

I found out that the Origin launcher did not in fact make it to the new hard drive but it has now and I  think I've now got access to the 'multi platform beta servers' or somesuch nonsense. Nothing seems to be downloading yet though I guess the pre loads might happen later this week?
  • Cheers mate. Will have a look later.

Yeah, I think preloads were supposed to be the 23rd, which is today but likely will be better checking back Tommorow as it will all be based around American timings.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I have found the answer! The all knowing nerdnet/quick Reddit search hit told me thus;

"I just got it to work here's how i did it. Go to your Origin in the search bar just search Anthem. You should have a window show up with a section that has store results and then Anthem will be under that. Select Anthem from there and once you are on that page there should be a button that says Try it First, click that. It will then pop up with a second screen that will allow you to add the Anthem demo to your game library. Start the download from there."

I can confirm that the powers of Reddit are indeed true and I now have 40 odd gig of Demo downloading to my Origin library. I'm in folks... until the servers collapse and it all goes to shit.. but still.. I'm currently in.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Did you get any friend codes with that? ;)
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Sadly I don't think so haak.
    I can confirm that the top left three quartersish of the anthem title screen looks lovely.
    I hope the settings menu is somewhere near the top or accessible with a controller on Friday when they turn the servers on and I can set it to fix up the resolution or full screen mode or whatever bilge is going on currently..

Ah.. the joys of the pcmasteracel33tness.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah no bothers, I shall begrudgingly pre-order ;)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Got a friend code form someone else. Downloading through Origin now.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    As I say it looks like of that shopto price is still good then you can easily put the pre order in and not pay yet. Risk free tester before the open demo in a few more days.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ah. Groovy! I didn't see any friend codes on my order chief or it would have been yours.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah no worries man. Gonna try it this weekend and then perhaps pre-order :P

If I can get a decent framerate with medium to high settings out of my setup I'll be happy :)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Demo all installed. Fingers crossed this grabs me, I'm up for getting into something like this.
  • Who wants a VIP code ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!