Hollow Knight - the first one, Tempy is forgiven
  • If i just started this game, where should i go so as not to get killed in three minutes? any bug that is tall seems to teleport around and finish me off in two seconds.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • It's hard at first. You'll spend ages trying to defeat one bug and then another. And another. Eventually you'll develop crazy wax on wax off skills and start kicking the shit out of everything at lightning speed. If you liked Dark Souls you'll like this.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • So i am not necessarily missing a vital early skill or item? just my own reactions for now?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nah, just expect to be abit difficult at first, as you gain abilities ala metroid and buy various items from the shops it gets easier (that doesn't apply to boss battles).

The less we tell you the more you'll enjoy discovering things yourself.
  • Yeah the only spoiler that should be provided is it is fucking ace
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • If you can't get into it without a bunk up there's a video at the top of page 25 that might be helpful.  Some people don't like being chucked in at the deep end in their pjyamas, there's no shame in getting some pointers.
  • Cheers people. I'm not after spoilers, just the indication whether I have missed something blindingly obvious, or whether I just have to get good at it.

I am usually rubbish at these games but it gets a good rap so it must be worth it.
  • It is.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Vela, I hate boss battles with a passion and I struggled with more than a few of them. As someone else further up this page said, think dark souls when approaching enemies and bosses and you'll be fine.
  • Well I tried it again tonight and had a few good events.

* I found out where the first area loops back
    * I beat the first 'boss' which really is just that one at the far right of the start area.
    * I got a map and found some larvae
    * I got singed
    * I found out you can regenerate health a bit
    * I found out a loop back through a locked cage
    * I got lost
    * I played pinball with another early boss and lost

I think this game seems to have a similar character weight to the DS Castlevania games. I think I'll be able to get along with this one.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Had my first soft lock on this last night. I beat a boss, and ended up trapped in the arena as the boss wouldn't leave their dying animation, so the gate wouldn't unlock. Boss name behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler:
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Had my first soft lock on this last night. I beat a boss, and ended up trapped in the arena as the boss wouldn't leave their dying animation, so the gate wouldn't unlock. Boss name behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler:

That's a two stage boss fight, did you get stuck after you killed him in his 2nd phase?
    Spoiler:
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, that's the bit. I went back and beat him again, all is well now.

Took me another three tries, the git...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Three is pretty impressive to be honest, I had a horrible time with it the first five or so times.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    If it makes you feel better, it was three tries after beating him. Couldn't tell you how many goes the original beating took. Probably at least double digits.
  • Something happening with HK 12 th of March!!!

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Physical version and collector's edition available for pre order .

(not sure if it's also available in the EU, I've seen a regular version of the game up at Best Buy, but that's not very useful for most of you.)
  • Nice. I probably would've bought that a few years ago.

It's astonishing to think that this game only cost eleven pounds.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Map spoilers!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I thought this was gonna be the second game
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I thought this was gonna be the second game
    Yeah me too

• Finally down:
    Spoiler:
  • I need to get back to this and unlock rest of stuff. Including the above spoiler.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The radiance hits hard. Been banging my head at it for a couple of days now and I'm slowly getting better at remaining calm and dodging it's attacks.

I made it the final phase for the first time yesterday and immediately got blasted on my way up to the final hit even though I knew what was coming :'(
  • Yup, the bit you expect to be easier than the others...
  • No idea what you’re talking about.

I should get back to it at some point and find the secret bits.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Yup, the bit you expect to be easier than the others...

Yep. I knew what to expect but still fucked it up.
    hylian_elf wrote:
    No idea what you’re talking about.

I should get back to it at some point and find the secret bits.

Haha yeah, I thought about putting it in spoilers but it's kinda of meaningless unless you've got there.
  • And done.

42hrs and 96% complete. Didn't do everything but I'm satisfied with what I did do.

Really good game but it get gets a lot more fun once you get past the first few areas and start unlocking the movement abilities.
  • I got 97% without doing secret bits.  Hhmmmmm
  • There's so much in there who knows what we did differently.

Off the top of my head I didn't do the second or third stages of the coliseum, get the final soul well, the final nail upgrade, or the spooky circus dlc (boss was too hard).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!