Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Ruined by that gravestone, saved by Pfffffeiffffer.

Oh Michelle. You were so lovely. Time has not been kind
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

Has it not? And there I was thinking she was still beautiful.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Has it not? And there I was thinking she was still beautiful.

I'm with this guy.
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Last I watched her in was Stardust and she was still beautiful. I am an old man though so ymmv.
  • She's 61, she looks great.
  • Siouxsie & the Banshees did a marvellous title track for that film too.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yes they did. It was at the dance when she plans to kill Walken.
  • Michelle Pfeiffer will be no doubt delighted to learn that I think she is still fit, and I'd be more than prepared to slip one in her, especially if the Catwoman costume is in play.
  • Finished work (well, training course) surprisingly early today.
    Packed in at 1 and not needed home until 5 so decided to sneak off to the cinema across the road.
    Detective Pikachu in a delightfully empty screen!

Perfect!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Ah well, John Wick 3 was about as boring as the first part. Maybe I'd have liked it more had I seen the second part, maybe not. Beats wasn't quite as good as I was hoping, but was mostly quite enjoyable and featured Leftfield's Song of Life which gained it bonus points. It was good to see Batman at the cinema, but it is certainly showing its age. Top Batmobile though.

Beats just beats Batman with John Wick 3 trailing.
  • Hot Take: Sky Movies is better than Netflix.

I saw a couple of films on Sky Movies this weekend
    1 was unfriended dark web. It was okay - not nearly as interesting in any form compared to the first but still novelish. I think it’s telling there are four listed endings on Wikipedia. 2 out of Six

The other film I saw was Upgrade which is this film about a paralysed guy who gets his limbs reconnected to his brain. It’s a pretty interesting film really. It’s almost more to do with
    Spoiler:
    than it’s surface level premise. I really thought it was good. 4/6 stars.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Ah well, John Wick 3 was about as boring as the first part. Maybe I'd have liked it more had I seen the second part, maybe not. Beats wasn't quite as good as I was hoping, but was mostly quite enjoyable and featured Leftfield's Song of Life which gained it bonus points. It was good to see Batman at the cinema, but it is certainly showing its age. Top Batmobile though.

Beats just beats Batman with John Wick 3 trailing.

Where did you see Batman?
  • Upgrade is a great film.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Watched most of The Meg last night.  Doubt I'll go back to it, but if I'd been drunk I think I would've liked it.  It's like a film made in 1991, albeit with a futuristic budget and effects team.  Crummy acting all-round, they just don't make 'em like this any more.
  • I watched Wick 3. Were okay. You get a little tired of the action by the end, I think, even though they do a pretty good job of trying to keep it interesting. Probably shouldn't have tried to rip off The Villainess though
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    It was good to see Batman at the cinema, but it is certainly showing its age. Top Batmobile though.
    Where did you see Batman?

Cineworld Edinburgh. The heating seemed to be stuck on full which made for an uncomfortably hot viewing.
  • That’s been a thing at my local cinema recently too. Every time we’ve been, it’s fucking roasting. Hot enough to make you feel ill, even. Certainly didn’t used to be like that.
  • Had that in the post office yesterday, with the added bonus of being surrounded by sweaty fleece wearers. What is it about fleeces that people think it's OK to stink of month old sweat?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Yikes. It wasn't bad enough for me to feel ill, although they have annoyingly just 'upgraded' the seats to 'comfy' recliners that currently require being actively pushed back against to recline given that they are so new, which meant that I ended up with an extra-sweaty back.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Had that in the post office yesterday, with the added bonus of being surrounded by sweaty fleece wearers. What is it about fleeces that people think it's OK to stink of month old sweat?

Now I feel ill :\
  • davyK wrote:
    Completed the 3 colours trilogy tonight. White is still most enjoyable, but red is the most interesting. A great trilogy of films and recommended.

Take a look at the astonishingly awful trailer Miramax made for Red that tried to turn it into a tense, trashy thriller. I bet you didn't pick up on the old judge's seductiveness until now.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Splutter, cough. Spits out coffee.

It really does it and viewers they are trying to attract a huge disservice.  Classic 80s trailer feel right there.

It was obvious the Judge has a soft spot but not in a sleazy way. What a bloody awful , dishonest little piece of work.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Tonight I did watch The Girl In The Spider's Web on the old blurry disc.
    It was unspeakably bad. 
    Never waste either your money or your time on this film. 
    Avoid it for the rest of your life, secure in the knowledge that you have dodged a bullet.

you have been warned

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Ha that autocorrect is pretty sweet.
  • Hearing good things about serial plagiarist, Tarantino's, new talkie.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That it's not being released?
  • g.man wrote:
    Tonight I did watch The Girl In The Spider's Web on the old blurry disc. It was unspeakably bad.  Never waste either your money or your time on this film.  Avoid it for the rest of your life, secure in the knowledge that you have dodged a bullet. you have been warned g.man
    You could have told me this before I watched it last year. Thanks a lot, g.
  • :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Tonight I did watch The Girl In The Spider's Web on the old blurry disc. It was unspeakably bad.  Never waste either your money or your time on this film.  Avoid it for the rest of your life, secure in the knowledge that you have dodged a bullet. you have been warned g.man

It’s weird, isn’t it? It’s as though the producers thought that Lisbeth Salander could be a new female James Bond. Instead of understanding even the tiniest bit about the character.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!