Cyberpunk 2077 - new CDProjekt Red
  • Can't see any balls, dicks with no balls are gross.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    In other news, they have also recently confirmed that your car will drive itself to you, when you summon it. How cool is that?!

So it’s a re-skinned Witcher III then?
  • Day one purchase now.
  • Why are they pissing about with fucking robots when they should be making Witcher 4?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • https://youtu.be/vDUTcFCdPpw

The saga continues with RPS creator John Walker making a racist ass of himself.
  • Deleted long rant. I love all white people, I respect my white master and trust His Pronouncements on racism at all times. I think the creator of cyberpunk should apologise to the white man for creating something that makes the white man feel uncomfortable.
  • Shut up and let us save you.
  • When has John Walker ever been anything other than a total clown?
  • I'm happy as long as everyone is yelling at eachother tbh. More fun than the game will be.
  • My lukewarm take. 

I've already said the trans stuff is icky mainly because the way it was transmitted publicly (promoting NVIDIA graphics cards) undermined the supposed meaning of the image (a commentary on using human bodies for corporate exploitation).

Re: Animals stuff.

There's a long history of black folks being written by white dudes as animalistic and tribal. A good portion of any 60s or 70s references to voodoo/ black magic / Haitian culture in movies or books would be done as something unnatural and scary to white folks. Plus, it's no secret that black sports players are far more likely to be described in terms that would most commonly be used to describe animals - a beast, pacey, powerful - whereas white footballers are described in terms of skill. That's changing a bit now, but there's a shit load of racism present in the discussion of black bodies and black culture historically, so I can understand how someone looks at a game that features a Haitian gang called the Animals, developed by predominantly white polish dudes, and assumes more racist shit.

This, for me, may well be a bad call by Walker and Co. There's an unfortunate tendency for allies of a particular group to wade in and patronise the group they're supposedly protecting. It happens with white writers claiming racism even when the writer or creator of the media is a person of colour (see the recent bruhaha in the Young Adult sphere with the Chinese writer who wrote about slavery), and it happens with middle-class voters talking down to and patronising the working class. Fundamentally, it comes down to the fact that a lot of middle-class white folks don't actually think that people who are of colour,  poor, or poor and of colour, are actually particularly competent in any way shape or form and need protection by whitey. It's often more for their own sense of self worth and gratification, and it results in dissenting views (in this case, a black writer) getting run over.

It's racism, pure and simple. RPS are doing pretty great on the gender equality front (although they could be better) but their balance of race is just...not there. Which is a shame, as there's some great writers and creators there, but Walker and Cox are two dudes who think they're being good allies, but are in fact being racist pieces of shit.
  • I didn't see what Gonz wrote before, but I assume it was in a similar vein. Perhaps.
  • Agreed, RPS are making arses out of themselves.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It was a comical Ali type diatribe. The animals are separate from the Haitian gang, which is called Voodoo summat.

But I agree. The RPS story was just a cheap attempt at getting woke views. It backfired horribly. I don't think those guys are even aware, still, how much of the race stuff comes from them. They won't ever learn because, of course, actual racists are jumping on the bandwagon calling them SJWs.

Let's also notice Sarkesian is offering her assistance to CDPR. This is straight up an old fashioned mob-style shakedown. Gimme a piece, it'd be a shame if your nice looking game suffered an accident

We've created a proper weird cultural ecosystem. Money permeates it, the patreons, the YouTube views, the influencing, the regular schedule of events and talking shops around the world. 30 quid a go. Yikes.
  • Its a weird mix, man. There’s paternalism from the “left” but there’s also a bunch of assholes who use patreon money to fuel “anti-SJW / regressive left” sentiment. This money floods Harris, Rubin and, yes, Yong Yea. So I’ve no qualms saying he’s playing to a nasty crowd, too.
  • I don't know that dude was affiliated, just followed the linked video, but it's pretty clear some non - right people are tempted by the money available being a token spokesman for them, or giving them what they want. There's a hottie out there doing antifeminism stuff. There's that beanie hat wearing "journalist" who is half Korean and voted Bernie so it's ok when he rails against YT censorship and MSM lib bias.

It's fucking awful. They're all the same, right or left. Fucking whoring themselves out, telling themselves this is forever, not realising it'll be over in two years.
  • Clicks rule everything around me (c.r.e.a.m)?
  • I can’t say for sure if he’s affiliated, but he rode the wave of anti-publisher sentiment back at the tail end of gamer gate. I’m not saying he’s intentionally being a dick, but that was a time when a bunch of YouTube news influencers popped up and offered communities away from ign / polygon / kotaku etc. Those are his followers.
  • I'm not surprised. I felt dirty watching both videos tbh. The whole "this got demonistised so I reuploaded with bleeps in" was just unashamedly admitting the chasing of cash. Then a second video pops up where he pretends he only reluctantly followed up. Fuck off man, people like me who never heard of you are watching so you're riding that crest of views chasing subs.

It's thoroughly depressing. Did any of you guys s e the Collider star wars guy rant? "I've been busting my ass for years being a star wars fan and they didn't invite me to the new fairy ride!"

Sometimes, I stand back from all this and I get thoroughly depressed. That dystopian Black Mirror future is fucking right around the corner, man.
  • We've created a proper weird cultural ecosystem. Money permeates it, the patreons, the YouTube views, the influencing, the regular schedule of events and talking shops around the world. 30 quid a go. Yikes.

Thing is, it’s an echo chamber. And it’s a tiny proportion of the actual gaming audience. Your average man on the street who is going to buy this game doesn’t hear a single word of the argument going on and doesn’t care at all. 

“Is it a cool looking shooty sci-fi open world game? Grand, here’s my £60.”

“What? People have complained about it being sexist/racist/whatever on YouTube? Fucking nerds. So what?”
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Clicks rule everything around me (c.r.e.a.m)?

Clicks by dicks?
  • I've just been to the RPS site and theres nothing about this at all on the front page. 
    Typical storm in a teacup.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:

That’s the phrase I was looking for.
  • poprock wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:

That’s the phrase I was looking for.

Yar - there’s a whole YouTube economy based around game news rage clicks. I used to watch a fair few Yong Yea vids but then it became apparent it was “news” vids for the sake of news vids.

They’re just drama channels.
  • I keep on getting recs for Cleanpricegaming and LegacyKillaHD and they're both the worst of the worst for that kinda shite.
  • I watched CPG's videos on his experiences working at Gamestop, which were fairly interesting, now the algorithm knows and insists I watch more of him. I do not wish to watch more of him.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    I've just been to the RPS site and theres nothing about this at all on the front page. 

Wait! He said storm. We all know storms only happen in the Caribbean. What you got against Caribbean’s having tea eh? Eh? Obviously racist.

• I keep on getting recs for Cleanpricegaming and LegacyKillaHD and they're both the worst of the worst for that kinda shite.

Yup, exactly. I managed to eventually get that shit out of my recommendations by clicking X on them, then clicking the “tell us why” button - then choose “not interested in videos from [channel name]”.
  • I have to do that on a number of channels repeatedly to get Sargon of Akkad and Black Pigeon speaks and the like out of my fees. Once isn't enough
    Yup, exactly. I managed to eventually get that shit out of my recommendations by clicking X on them, then clicking the “tell us why” button - then choose “not interested in videos from [channel name]”.
    Cleanprice - man that guys whole speach pattern and delivery grates sooooooo bad.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474458410

New footage. Looking good so far.
    The Witcher X GTA X Deus Ex X Bladerunner = fingers crossed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!