Rugby World Cup
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Tournament craft - all about peaking. Particularly with Rugby as it's a game all about momentum. Physically and mentally. If they had met SA and then NZ they probably would have won it.

I really did think England would win it from the start.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cracking advertisement for Rugby League that game was.

*runs*
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Cracking advertisement for Rugby League that game was. *runs*

On the contrary - to people like me it showed the type of game that could never exist in League. A good solid physical battle is a thing of beauty. As a neutral I would have thought it was a cracking match.

Then again, I like Italian football, so what do I know?
  • Yeah, the period of play where England were metres (centimetres?) from the try line, and the South African defence was rock solid, was absolutely gripping, and would not exist in a game of touch rugby rugby league.
  • While true it’s a bit like saying that bit in cricket where stokes scored the winning runs wouldn’t happen in football.

There will be moments in league that couldn’t happen in Union because the field is just crammed with men. I don’t know the sport that well but I imagine the pressure of needed to do the business in five goes brings its own interesting moments.
  • Boks were immense today, fair play to them, totally deserved on the day.Eddie Jones admitting he doesn't know went wrong, good man, me neither, Boks were just so intense from the off. On the plus side had a feeling SA would win the tournament began and put a bet on to that effect so i win some money yayyy
  • I imagine the pressure of needed to do the business in five goes brings its own interesting moments.

It does, and I like league too. But I just disagree that a game about attrition, grit and unbelievable levels of physical conviction and discipline is an advert for league because, hey, there could have been a few more long runs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!