Hollow Knight - the first one, Tempy is forgiven
  • There's a badge thing that helps you refill your health, can't you use that?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah maybe. Will try again with the longer dash too...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I DID IT :-D

Kings Soul am get

No cheevo for that seems harsh!

Better go do the colloseum to get me some cash etc
  • Yeah but have you done the secret optional bit?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have not

(Though I have just read about it. Eek.)

Back at the colloseum. 2 and 3 to go. Then I guess dlc stuff?? And then I'll see what percentage I'm at...
  • I hit 94% before trying hidden white palace thing, that was where I bailed.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have done the second colloseum thing now, and got the pure nail. I'm still one piece of mask and one piece of soul thingy short too. And my charm that got eaten :cry:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm some flower thing for the mask, sounds "fun"

And yet more cash in the fountain... Taking me further from my eaten charm, sigh
  • I just beat false knight, found out chairs save and got tricked by a snail. Early days but that's a first meaningful step.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    First pay through? Enjoy mate! Still my Game if the Decade I think, you're in for quite the journey :-D
  • Yeah first time though I'd maybe got thirty minutes in a few months back and died at a bouncy slug.

I've got the basic timing sorted now and got myself a compass.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Its a brilliant game one of my very very favs of this generation. Really hope silksong can live up to the standards set by hollow knight.

I didnt complete the dlc or the optional boss battles in the white palace. There were a few sections of taxing platforming which i didnt like and is why i wont bother with celeste or super meat boy.
  • So now I found some dude living inside a tunnel lined with teeth and that hornet character is zipping around ahead of me. This green area is gorgeous.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    This thread reminded me I got partway through this a year or so ago and never finished it. 
    Gonna start again I think.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    So now I found some dude living inside a tunnel lined with teeth and that hornet character is zipping around ahead of me. This green area is gorgeous.

Plenty more goodness ahead!
  • I miss this. Can’t wait for Silksong
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I miss it too, bit not enough to dip back in for the dlc. 35 blissful hours were enough for me. I'll be ready for Silksong though. The real conundrum would be what to play if it launches on the same day as Ori 2.
  • Additional: HK is a better game than the first Ori but I have higher hopes for Ori 2 than I do for Silksong. There's more scope for improvement with Ori and with those controls if the sequel hits its marks it could be breathtakingly good.
  • Silksong for me will be held back till xmas. Hollow knight was my xmas game the xmas before last. That was awesome. Hopefully silksong will repeat that this xmas
  • Up to the boss who I think is the playable character in silksong? Went about as well as expected.
  • really hyped for skilksong - hope it’s going to be a PC and switch simultaneous release
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • It's amazing to see a metroidvania style where the world's are so different from another yet completely organic. I've been through cold and damp, lush and green and a bit spiky, and now into a mushroom spore filled area.

It reminds me a little of the Giana Sisters remake in parts, and Steamworld Dig 2 in others but it is not at all like them overall.

If think once I got the map sorted and found out how it works with geos makes me more comfortable exploring for longer stretches without benches.

One question: are their badges or pins you can place manually on the map or are they automatic for everything? I'm finding lots of hidden areas that look like a wall jump or double jump or long fly are needed.
  • Oh and bugs were warning me of a population of slim, long legged ones. Nice surprise to see what they were. This game is so good.
  • What's that Giana Sisters remake like btw?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    It's amazing to see a metroidvania style where the world's are so different from another yet completely organic. I've been through cold and damp, lush and green and a bit spiky, and now into a mushroom spore filled area.

It reminds me a little of the Giana Sisters remake in parts, and Steamworld Dig 2 in others but it is not at all like them overall.

If think once I got the map sorted and found out how it works with geos makes me more comfortable exploring for longer stretches without benches.

One question: are their badges or pins you can place manually on the map or are they automatic for everything? I'm finding lots of hidden areas that look like a wall jump or double jump or long fly are needed.
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah I found a few from exploring and others from defeating bosses. I just found a handy one near the mantis town and rescued a lost bug.

I think I made a mistake later though. I challenged a few of them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Are you meaning charms, or map pins? Don't think you can find the latter, just buy??
  • Yeah I'm confused because they're all round. I've bought pins in the start town, and found charms about the place. I just thought that you could place marker pins for tough bosses or points of interest along the way.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah, you can!  
    Spoiler:
  • Cheers.

I took some time out after the poor challenge run vs mantis trio, so now Im in some spirit city and getting spanked by teleporting wizard bugs, double time. Also found a dude who upgrades my weapon.

Should I have health upgrades yet? I feel like Ive missed something.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!