Poker Badgers, let's do this (noobs without addictive personalities welcome).
  • Is VR poker a thing? I feel like it has to be.

No real betting though.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Is there a rake? No P2P thing we can set up between us?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I played PokerStars, very small stakes. Came 3rd in a tourney (shoulda won, really, had a massive chip lead) then cashed out..they paid me 90p a pound which meant I barely made a profit (in for 20 dollars, out for 27 or summat). Swore fuck these cunts.

• Is there a rake? No P2P thing we can set up between us?

There's no private matches but it's easy to play in the same sng game with 888. Just register first.
  • I think you get $20 for free, so do that and we'll play tomorrow. X
  • Allow me to introduce you to my priorities:
    1. Trying to get into this girls pants. Date 3 cuming up and all I got was a kiss.
    2. A busy work schedule
    3. A goodbye weatherall gig on Friday
    4. Wanking with condoms on so I don't lose my shit when I finally achieve n.1 because I'm used to skinny dipping, five years of it
    5. Shooting mans on destiny 2

You're barely in the top 10, send me a link to this free money and we'll see about maybe Sunday, when I'm in the bath or summat.
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Cba online, but a live stock I'm in fo sho. Will obviously showboat just to mess with SG's head.

Gonz, your Monday things still happening? We moved classes around so I'm much freer than I was, so could do that one of the next few weeks of we line it up?!? Quite fancy a game after all this chat!
  • Yeah it's happening, I've just not been going for a while - tough day atm.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Cba online, but a live stock I'm in fo sho. Will obviously showboat just to mess with SG's head.

Gonz, your Monday things still happening? We moved classes around so I'm much freer than I was, so could do that one of the next few weeks of we line it up?!? Quite fancy a game after all this chat!

Muzzy my man, live is a thing. Gonz good for March 1 but we'll arrange something closer to the time. Goobs?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Cba online, but a live stock I'm in fo sho. Will obviously showboat just to mess with SG's head. Gonz, your Monday things still happening? We moved classes around so I'm much freer than I was, so could do that one of the next few weeks of we line it up?!? Quite fancy a game after all this chat!

Yeah it's every week, just haven't been cos I've been so busy
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just a quick heads up. Don't invite @LivDiv to a live poker game.
  • Did he pull a gun again?
  • Hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gonz, have you set up an 888 account yet?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    God I hate online poker. Did a house game on poker stars, and it's win on the river after win on the river. Forgot having had the same experience last time round. RNG so dodgy compared to playing live it's ridiculous.
  • It just seems like it and everyone seems to complain. If it were slightly contrived they'd be out of business tomorrow. You can view your entire history and show it's random when you've played it enough.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's hard to do rigorous statistical analysis with hand histories, as you don't see things that got folded etc. I'm also not sure what the right analysis be (though I am tempted to give it a go).

The one time a matter hand history was leaked showed actual cheating at absolute poker. And at ultimate poker. So let's not say these things are impossible.

I also have zero trust in the gaming industry as a whole. The industry is built on having an edge. Foolish to dismiss the chance of corruption in gaming commissions etc.

In about two hours of poker, couple of hundred hands, the number of strong hands and rubber beats was absurd. I know the pace is different, but this was five handed, and actual five handed poker would have way way less action. And guess what, action is the thing that makes them money. Or feels naive to say there's no chance of anything suss happening.

It also seems easy enough to code that way, maybe you do it less at the higher stakes tables where you have better players.

I got some free tickets. One was a $0.50 buy in. Three have. Prize is $3 cos it's randomised. First hand guess all in pre-flop, other player has 56os to my ATs. Hits trip gives to my pair of aces. Like who the fuck goes all in like that, with those cards. Obviously some idiots do, it's not proof of anything in isolation, bit the volume of it throughout has shot my credibility, whatever you may say.
  • At those low stakes, most players will play till the river, chase a gutshot or whatevs. It's the same live or online.

Haven't played poker for ages, sorry. Not had the time, weirdly.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I get that, and that it skews numbers/perception. But the proportion of those charges which end up being successful is way higher than it should be.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    It's hard to do rigorous statistical analysis with hand histories, as you don't see things that got folded etc. I'm also not sure what the right analysis be (though I am tempted to give it a go).

The one time a matter hand history was leaked showed actual cheating at absolute poker. And at ultimate poker. So let's not say these things are impossible.

I also have zero trust in the gaming industry as a whole. The industry is built on having an edge. Foolish to dismiss the chance of corruption in gaming commissions etc.

In about two hours of poker, couple of hundred hands, the number of strong hands and rubber beats was absurd. I know the pace is different, but this was five handed, and actual five handed poker would have way way less action. And guess what, action is the thing that makes them money. Or feels naive to say there's no chance of anything suss happening.

It also seems easy enough to code that way, maybe you do it less at the higher stakes tables where you have better players.

I got some free tickets. One was a $0.50 buy in. Three have. Prize is $3 cos it's randomised. First hand guess all in pre-flop, other player has 56os to my ATs. Hits trip gives to my pair of aces. Like who the fuck goes all in like that, with those cards. Obviously some idiots do, it's not proof of anything in isolation, bit the volume of it throughout has shot my credibility, whatever you may say.

I would have thought working out the odds of hitting the hand, vs the amount of times it actually hit, but then like you mentioned, I don't know how account for all the rounds that ended pre flop.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah indeed. And that will skew it to cases where the fishing trip hits. Could assume fold = not hit though...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I need to find a python library that can run the maths, out wade into glorious regexes....
  • They have to submit their rng for audit to independent organisations so it'll be online somewhere.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah indeed. And that will skew it to cases where the fishing trip hits. Could assume fold = not hit though...
    Probably better to assume it matches the probability.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Coincidental to the above, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oNtmJaADQ-3zeZlcQLwvU0n7xpyPF5BLPG6LLWlsBPw/edit?usp=sharing raises some sensible points (albeit about a different site though).  

I still think I'm right though, obviously :-).
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've not read that yet, so it might be covered in the doc, but...

Can't we just discount all the hands that don't run to the river? They are not relevant, because they never reached the point in the game we are trying to measure. Similarly, the fact that someone wanted to play out their hand in the hope of hitting their hand on the river has no bearing on the probability of making the hand on the river. The probability remains the same.

So all you need to do is compare the number of times a hand has hit on the river compared to the probability that it would do. Do that across the range of hands, work out the difference between probable and actual outcomes, and then average that score?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't think that works though - because the likelihood of people folding isn't independent of what cards come up.  So if I'm hoping for a flush after the flop, and it doesn't come up on the turn, I'm more likely to fold than if it does come up.  Stuff like that will skew the stats.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    But the odds of actually hitting it on the river do not change because you played to the turn.
  • Needs some late game strats to beat aggresive player (game with friends, NL holdem tourney style). Anyone got any good links/reading?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!