Misogyny and other gender issues.
  • Non-binary is a binary that is not a binary but a binary that is not a binary and is not a binary that is a binary
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Non-binary people are going to be a good time to get the latest return to the next few days ago and I will be in the office.
  • Suppose I should have written out the people part too
  • Women are the most important people in the world and they are the most important thing in life and they are the most important things in life and they are the most important ones that you can do for you and your family and your family and your family are the most important and important things that you can do for yourself and your family and your friends and your family and your children and your family and your families and your family and your kids and your family and your whole family and your family and all that you have to do for you

Someone make that into a poster
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Non-binary is a binary that is not a binary but a binary that is not a binary and is not a binary that is a binary

Rythm is a dancer

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Same as ERE it seems

I’m wondering if autocomplete is picking up on the text on the thread as my man and woman ones were just identical to ones already posted.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m pretty sure that predictive text is supposed to be based on what you write rather than what you read. It just might not be very good.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    https://podcastaddict.com/episode/163924113
    Bit of light chat on queer conservatives and why, and how

Featuring Contra (no not that one) points
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Hang on, that is the Contra I was thinking of.

Queer conservatives are called to the crematorium and the other one is a bit of a bit of a bit....

My phone no likely.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Unlikely you might say

he never comes in here
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hang on, that is the Contra I was thinking of.

Ah. I meant our Contra, where'ere he be
  • It would be extremely funny if Natalie Wynn had once shitposted here as Contra Rose.
  • Brooks wrote:
    It would be extremely funny if Natalie Wynn had once shitposted here as Contra Rose.

Given her intimate knowledge of 4chan and general shitpost / meme culture I reckon it’s a distinct possibility.
  • Now that would deserve a cancelling.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    inb4 Keffals moonlighting as Tine
  • This has been like an AI misogyny chat on the last two pages.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    lace wigs anyone
  • Hopefully we can shift the man/bear discussion to this thread, where it belongs, and keep the mental health thread clear.

On the topic of the perceived threat of men, I don’t know if it’s my use of social media that has done this, or my job, or if I would have been like this anyway, but I find that, when I’m out in public, I’m acutely aware of the fact that I am a single male, and I am likely perceived by a lot of women as a threat or unknown risk. There’s not an awful lot I can do about their initial perception, but I do find myself trying to show that I’m not a risk, as daft as that sounds. As early as possible, I will move to the other side of the path / pavement or even road, ideally at a point where they will see my detour. If it’s appropriate, a friendly ‘morning’ or ‘hello’ from a safe distance, although obviously that can have the opposite effect if you’re not careful. I’ll give a huge wide berth if I’m passing them from behind (I walk faster than most people) and often with whistling along to my music so I don’t sneak up on anyone.

Yes, I’m fully aware that this is ridiculous.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll pick up from here then.

Everyone does the speedy overtake to not seem like a creepy stalker type don't they? So much easier than dropping right back
  • Everyone does the speedy overtake to not seem like a creepy stalker type don't they? So much easier than dropping right back

Yep. And I guess that shows that we all know there’s a worry in the first place. Which has to be a good sign in the long run.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is there anyone unaware of the fact that women can see men as a threat?

Don't most men see other men as a potential threat? Two blokes walking towards each other are both wary, right? Isn't everyone on the bus on high alert for the inevitable nutter?
  • I guess the more pertinent question is what we can do about it. Or what we can do to mitigate it.

I mean, I can see how it came up in the mental health thread. It’s a headfuck knowing that you could be scaring the shit out of someone just be quietly being yourself walking along the street.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Agreed on the speedy overtake. I walk a lot by me and when passing a woman face to face I try to give as much room as possible, even going into the road if there’s no traffic.

Just want to pick up on Davyk’s post in the other thread.
    davyK wrote:
    However the concept of fear of men is alarming but an important subject. What is happening with the rearing of boys?

I think this is a bit rose tinted glasses, if I’ve read it right that young boys are worse now than before. Men have always been bastards to women. It was just more socially acceptable. And again, hidden as society didn’t want to face up to it. Now women have a voice to discuss this stuff openly.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I guess the more pertinent question is what we can do about it. Or what we can do to mitigate it.

I mean, I can see how it came up in the mental health thread. It’s a headfuck knowing that you could be scaring the shit out of someone just be quietly being yourself walking along the street.

Women (and men, kids, animals, whatever the fuck) are right to be wary of men. Some men are bad news. There's no chance of ever getting rid of that.

Culturally things are constantly changing, things accepted in the past aren't today. The lads lads lads Zoo and Nuts days are well behind us thank fuck. But it'll never cease to exist, same as racism. Little pockets here and there

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Little pockets is a stretch Paul. Extreme RW groups are on the move all over Europe and America. The fact that Roe vs Wade can be repealed shows that these aren’t small things but something that all sane people need to keep fighting against.
  • I think that talking about it more, in public, in private, whatever, is how we hopefully make sure less and less men are bad news with each generation. Same as racism really, yeah.

It’s the little misogynistic things that give the genuinely bad guys ‘permission’ to do the really big misogynistic things. All the research suggests that violent sexual offenders often don’t think they’re committing a crime because they see milder miso behaviours all around them and believe it’s just the same thing.

It’s a lot like racists in some ways. Laughing at some bloke’s joke about black people encourages him to think it’s okay to say something hateful to a black person the next day. Or worse.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Little pockets is a stretch Paul. Extreme RW groups are on the move all over Europe and America. The fact that Roe vs Wade can be repealed shows that these aren’t small things but something that all sane people need to keep fighting against.

I was meaning more out in the open, on TV, in magazines etc.

Point taken though
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The bear thing is stupid.

My wife made me realise I'll never really understand what it's like for women when she asked me if I was ever scared when coming home on my own after a night out.

I was occasionally when there was someone dodgy knocking about, but rarely.

She was every single time.
  • I thought the bear thing was which you'd rather come across alone in a woods, bear or man, not a straight up which would you fight or prefer in a survival situation?

Anyway, majority of women responses I've seen have said a bear, not because they think they could fight and win against it, but because chances are you could slowly back away or something. Either way I thought it was an ok question to highlight the issue.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's basically what I meant too FTR (though I now realise my quoting of Paul was after it had somehow morphed into a fight to the death)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!