theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Like none of the Star Trek series' past the original have ever been slated.
  • I could see them waiting for the current films to reach number three, that'll be everyone's contractual obligations fulfilled, then back to TV. Enterprise is probably pretty close to what they'd come up with for TV now, so we're not missing much.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    But Enterprise was a failure. I think they'd go more for less episodic, shorter seasons with long story arcs.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    For the record, I thought Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 were both aces.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I agree with you 110%, swirl.

;)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's a new Star Trek model collection magazine thing coming out, here's a work-in-progress shot of the first few.

602305_384855618287257_1638990415_n.jpg
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I've got a WHSmith voucher with nothing to spend it on, I'm going to wait for the Voyager issue and buy it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    ST: ID
    Spoiler:

Yup, this is what I thought. Otherwise, there was no reason for him to do that thing you just said.

i
    Spoiler:
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    There's a new Star Trek model collection magazine thing coming out, here's a work-in-progress shot of the first few.

That's oddly tempting.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Isn't it?!? I've already pre-ordered a subscription. Free All Good Things... future Enterprise-D and Borg Cube if ya do!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Isn't it?!? I've already pre-ordered a subscription. Free All Good Things... future Enterprise-D and Borg Cube if ya do!

SHUT UP. THAT'S AWESOME.

I NEED TO GET OUT MORE. SEND HELP.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    HELP DID YOU SAY?!?

HERE YOU GO!

OH!

OH SHIT, SORRY, THAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF HELP.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    2z5k.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wil Wheaton reviews Into Darkness, and gets it spot on.
    this leads me to answer another criticism I’ve heard frequently: Into Darkness doesn’t live up to the ideals Gene Roddenberry instilled in the Original Series and The Next Generation. Again, I can’t disagree with this more strongly. In the original series, against a backdrop of the Cold War, just a few years after the Cuban Missile Crisis, Star Trek did stories about the dangers of unchecked militarization, the dangers of seeing only black and white in a conflict, and the power of the human spirit to put aside petty differences to work together to save us all. Against the backdrop of the civil rights movement, Star Trek dared to show a multicultural crew of men and women working together as equals to bravely explore the unknown. This is the legacy we attempted to live up to in The Next Generation, and though we didn’t always succeed, we still told stories about finding peace in the midst of war, standing up for truth at all costs, and most of all the strength of the family. It is on our shoulders that DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, and the first Star Trek reboot all stood, and Into Darkness does a fine job of respecting this heritage.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Only a week until the Star Trek Starships collection launches.

likwXso.jpg

Also, that fancy book has been reduced to £29.02 on Amazon.

Engfshu.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That's epic. Both of 'em.
  • I'm currently working my way through TOS, and I have to say that the reboot missed the mark by so far it's unreal. It's actually further away from it than my memory gave it credit for.

You know what's missing from everything past TOS? People drinking. Not in Ten Forward, Quarks or their quarters. Anywhere. On the bridge, in the transporter room, some random planetary leaders office. Wherever. And with no purpose in the story too. I have no idea why  but I genuinely love this.
  • ERE, how many of these ship magazines will there be?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    ERE, how many of these ship magazines will there be?

There's a provisional list of over 70.
  • I want a Klingon ship like the one on the right.  A real one, like.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I had a cardboard cut-out off the back of a Weetabix box of a Klingon war bird thought it was awesome.
  • 70?!! Jeez, I was considering it for about 10 or something.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you only got 10 of them then you'd end up with a small, but still existing, chance of ever having sex again. Better go for the full 70 just to make sure.
  • Is that Federation book a decent read for proper fans then, or is a case of style over substance?  I'm looking to get my best man a gift for helping with the wedding, and he's not a huge whisky drinker, so something like that might be an idea.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    70?!! Jeez, I was considering it for about 10 or something.

It's pretty top-heavy with the 'big name' ones. It's part of the reason I've subscribed - even if I end up cancelling after 10 or so it'll be a nice little collection in itself.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    If you only got 10 of them then you'd end up with a small, but still existing, chance of ever having sex again. Better go for the full 70 just to make sure.

It's not for me. It's OBVIOUSLY not for me.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You said earlier you couldn't think of anything worse than tacky TV sci-fi so obviously it's not for you.
  • Yeah, it isn't, not a Star Trek fan. Gf is.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Here are some Star Trek bits and bobs.

That fancy book about the Federation is only £25 at Amazon now.

There's also a new 'book' coming out from the same publisher called 'Star Trek: Stellar Cartography', which will offer starcharts on high-quality paper stock and an accompanying book.

p0bdkk1.jpg
       The Starfleet Reference Library: Stellar Cartography collects together ten original, never-before-seen large-format maps of the Star Trek universe. Pulled from the cartography archives of Starfleet Academy, these beautifully reproduced maps provide a rare opportunity to view the expanse of Federation space (and beyond) through the multiple lenses of the Galaxy's key players.

The maps include an ancient Vulcan map, a Klingon Empire map from the pre-Organian Peace Treaty era (in the native Klingon), an official Romulan government map of the Empire, a native Cardassian Union map from the Bajor occupation, along with Federation maps from the modern era. Housed in a handsome clamshell case and paired with a fully-illustrated reference book providing detailed information on planets, systems, and topography, this exclusive collection showcases the Star Trek universe like never before.
       The thing itself - I was talking about it not being exactly a book - what you get is a clamshell, so it opens up like a book, and it's a tri-fold. The two outer things have a pocket... there's ten maps, twenty-four by thirty-six inches - two by three feet - on a really cool paper stock that doesn't crease easily. So even though they're going to be folded, if you get them out and you want to frame them right off the bat or something they're not going to do like the old maps, the old blueprints would always do, which was crack after you've used them a little bit. So there's a pouch on each side, and there's five in one, and five in the other.

Then the book, although there's tonnes of text in it, it's going to feel a little bit like a giant hardback childrens' book. So there's like a spread for each map inside, the text. On one hand it's more visually heavy than it is textual, but on the other hand there's some really important textual concepts that I got to play with and massage. To me they've either been a gap, or there's things that have been bugging. It's like I see fans running round in circles arguing - and although this obviously isn't aired canon, it's my way of saying "Peace, peace! There is no need to be so confused and divided about this".
    The much debated logistics of the Dominion War will be addressed, with Nemecek attempting to resolve some of the long-standing confusion over how numerous key Federation worlds were constantly under threat of attack by Dominion front lines. Using Earth's own geography as a reference, Nemecek describes how he theorized a distant front line of the Dominion and Cardassian war machine could reach deep into Federation space: "It's almost like, if Cardassia was say, North America, and the homeworlds, with the Klingon beyond, and the Romulans beyond, were like Europe. And the Klingon Empire was like North Africa. It's almost like everything was happening down in the Caribbean, that was Cardassia. But it's almost like, if you followed the jet-stream across over to Europe, that's the Northern Front that I came up with."

Fans wanting a more complete picture of the Federation can rest easy, as the charts will tie together detailed maps of both Alpha and Beta quadrants, as Nemecek describes, Stellar Cartography will cover "Known space of the Alpha Quadrant, and known space of the Beta [Quadrant], and they're set up so that you can hang them together and they'll mate up along the edge. You can have the known space of the Alpha and Beta - Which mainly focuses on the Federation."

Also, there's a new Star Trek: Tits collection! Yay for tits!

pnvFvec.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!