Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Of BSG?

I only half watched them whilst the missus was but I thought the ending was OK. About as good as you could hope for I guess. Bit strong on the allegory but hey.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Don't forget I want facial pictures Tempy. I want to see what state that big beastly ending leaves your decrepit body in.
  • Oh yes, US Office. Been watching a ton of that. Despite his movie output being between horrible and okay, Steve Carrell is absolutely fantastic. May have also shed a tear at the wedding episodes.
  • Stop making me regret BSG
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Don't listen to them, its not just the ending, I found the last two seasons a load of old tosh and Caprica completed the dive into shitedom.
    Things can only get better.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Stop making him regret BSG.
  • The only thing I really didn't like about the BSG finalé was the extended wankathon of an ending.

Reminded me of that twat Tennant's final episode of Dr Who, but was nowhere near as fucking wretchedly pathetic.
  • I liked the bit that made no sense.
  • Yossarian said:

@Pantyfire

if you watched the first season, then the boss's character was somewhat rejigged in the subsequent seasons. She was never supposed to come across as ditzy or stupid, which she did a bit at first.

It might be worth giving a couple of episodes from later seasons a go.

Ah, ok, I had watched a few of season 1 and didn't bother with 2 at all.

adored said:

30 Rock? Is there a Season 6?

I though 5 was a bit poor, assumed it'd been cancelled after that.

Yup there is a season currently airing in the US.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Oh yes, US Office. Been watching a ton of that. Despite his movie output being between horrible and okay, Steve Carrell is absolutely fantastic. May have also shed a tear at the wedding episodes.

It is a similar but different beast from the UK series, good in it's own right.
    Carrol has been excellent in it.
    I feared it would go way downhill since he left the show but it has been just as good, with James Spader in it. spoilered just in case....
  • pantyfire said:

Yup there is a season currently airing in the US.

So there is, will have to give it a look, see if it's an improvement on 5. Cheers.
  • Frosty said:

I've only ever seen the Jesus film episode of Community and it was awful. Really not very funny at all.

Currently working my way through Farscape on Netflix.

It does have some undeniably seriously duff episodes but when it works (more often than not) it works really well.
    Also it does suffer from the need to know back story and in jokes for the main and incidental cast but no more than say 30 Rock or The Office.
    Community and The Big Bang Theory have been staples of me and the missus for a while now, initially Big Bang was the favourite but as the format is pretty much exactly the same every week it is less of a draw than it was and whilst it is still funny the situations are pretty much the same week in week out, Community on the other hand can surprise and delight by turning the convention of the show completely on it's head and then drop back to a more mainstream format at will. It mixes things up and keeps them fresh.

• It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is awesome. If you like Community, Big Bang and 30 Rock, I reckon you'll like IASIP.
  • Big Bang Theory is the worst of the worst. Not yet served someone buying the box sets in work that I wouldn't punch for looking like a bell end.

But yes, Community does take a while to get into, but as you say, when they play with the formula a bit, it can be really funny. The paintball episode was a particular highlight.

Also, guys, Workaholics. Please. Come on.
  • Guys. As an American I believe im well placed to point out good stuff.

Watch The League (it's on Netflix). It's a comedy starring a bunch of guys in their late 30's who are in an NFL fantasy football league together. It contains crude humor, witty banter and a lot of it is unscripted. Its a grown up version of its always sunny.
  • Can I mancrush on any of them without feeling weird about it?
  • Totally. A. Purple in fact. Plus there is a Dee like lady.
  • Not sure if I want an Always sunny for grown ups. The juvenile nature of the show is half the charm. May give Leauges ago though, super epic internets is being sorted next week so I will be finally able to watch good stuff again (dam less than 1mb internet!)
  • Not sure if I want an Always sunny for grown ups. The juvenile nature of the show is half the charm. May give Leauges ago though, super epic internets is being sorted next week so I will be finally able to watch good stuff again (dam less than 1mb internet!)

By grown up - I mean, they're 10 years older. 

The show is no more highbrow. 
  • OK cool, sounds good in that case.
  • watching atm....

Oz season 4 & loving it. Fuck knows how I missed it first time around. The Borgias season 2, only two eps in, tad slow atm, but Irons is still slagging it up. GoT season 2. Again slow, but to be expected with the absolute fuck-ton of new characters to introduce.

Still feeling a tad peeved that TV Rick from TWD will have a different journey from comic Rick, after stumbling across an interview with RK. Ffs Kirkman if ain't broke don't fix it...

Waiting on S05 of the bad.  Feverishly waiting...
  •  Also, guys, Workaholics. Please. Come on.

I watched it last night based on your recommendation.

Didn't know what to make of it at first but I guess since I watched up to episode 8 I really enjoyed it. (A touch like Always Sunny style in craziness).

Episode 8 was pretty ballsy, not many American shows would dare. Is there only ten episodes in all?
  • The Americans seem to be pumping out some good comedy at the mo. Not sure what happened in Britain but it seems the rise of stand up on TV has led to every mildly funny and not so funny (Sarah Millikan oooooh look I'm fat and northern) comic getting their own show regardless of quality.

Comissioning decent sit coms seems to have gone out of the window, the writing talent is still here but largely ignored.
  • krs said:

Chevy Chase is a fucking moron. Seriously, the balls on this guy to call that show mediocre after the last 20 years of his career.Supposedly, one of the biggest pricks in the industry. He's great in that show too, so I just don't get it.

http://gawker.com/5899097/hes-not-chevy-hes-an-asshole-a-history-of-chevy-chases-horrific-behavior

XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • There's a second season but it's not on Netflix, or on any UK tv schedule as far as I'm aware. Not even listed for DVD release here.

Third season starts at the end of this month.

The office sleepover episode is an absolute classic. As is the drug test one. Can't get enough of Adam and Ders. It's very much like IASIP in the way that there's a Shallow Vain One (Dennis/Ders), a Complete Dumb Jock one (Mac/Adam), and a Weird "Quirky" one (Charlie/Blake).
  • The Americans seem to be pumping out some good comedy at the mo. Not sure what happened in Britain but it seems the rise of stand up on TV has led to every mildly funny and not so funny (Sarah Millikan oooooh look I'm fat and northern) comic getting their own show regardless of quality.

Comissioning decent sit coms seems to have gone out of the window, the writing talent is still here but largely ignored.

Series four of The Thick Of It will be better than everything. Even if there's no Jamie.
  • I quite like Person of Interest despite the fact that the first episode was rather pants.

30 Rock just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Modern Family on the otherhand is absolutely brilliant and I'm ashamed that it's not been mentioned yet. I'm delighted that Ed O'Neill is involved in a hit comedy again. JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam

• The
    Americans seem to be pumping out some good comedy at the mo. Not sure
    what happened in Britain but it seems the rise of stand up on TV has led
    to every mildly funny and not so funny (Sarah Millikan oooooh look I'm
    fat and northern) comic getting their own show regardless of quality.

Series four of The Thick Of It will be better than everything. Even if there's no Jamie.

Ah glad there's more, I did notice it was from like 2009 so thought it might have been dropped. Will watch the rest (on Netflix) tonight.

edit: Something weird has happened and it has highlighted "watch" with a drop down crappy "win an ipad" thing. I'm using chrome, is anyone else seeing this?

edit 2: Something to do with chrome, thought my account was being highjacked. Never seen that type of thing before...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!