effects pedals
  • Do any of you 'do' effects pedals? I just treated myself to a Boss ME-80 and I love it big time. So trippy.

331467.jpg
  • I have the ME-50b. It's a solid piece of kit. Having an octave pedal is just a barrel of laughs. Hate the distortion on it though, really hollow.

I recently got my hands on BBX1 and it's an awesome pedal. Blends your clean with the distorted so get the fuzz without losing anything
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • We haven't had a good spam bot post for a while. I was kind of hoping this was one.
  • I wonder who U2 paid to get their tunes preloaded on this.
  • Shinji wrote:
    I have the ME-50b. It's a solid piece of kit. Having an octave pedal is just a barrel of laughs. Hate the distortion on it though, really hollow. I recently got my hands on BBX1 and it's an awesome pedal. Blends your clean with the distorted so get the fuzz without losing anything

Aye, I used to have the ME-50 and loved it, it had some interesting sounds that aren't in the ME-80. Had an ME-70, too but the 80 tops them both.

It has eight foot pedals, a pre-amp, about five separate delays, distortion, countless modulators, so you can make some interesting noise. It also has a looper, though I have a dedicated pedal for that already.

It's easy to over-cook things and end up sounding like the Edge but treading that dangerous line is part of the fun. I'd say the distortion is pretty decent and the sound modelling in general a big step up from the 50 and 70. Worth a look if you're interested in such things, was £155 on ebay.
  • trippy wrote:
    Do any of you 'do' effects pedals? I just treated myself to a Boss ME-80 and I love it big time. So trippy. 331467.jpg

I want to use one of these to play Sim City
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Amazing idea, I want to watch you use one of those to play Sim City.

No doubt someone has already completed Dark Souls using one.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye....Off Topic area please.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • gaming peripherals need more nobs.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK wrote:
    Aye....Off Topic area please.

Sorry, still getting used to the forum, sorted now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At least you can do it yourself in this forum. Have made the same mistake - don't fret.
  • I don't have any fancy multi FX pedals, just a bunch of stomp boxes. The last thing I picked was an Electroharmonix Big Muff, which is taking some getting used to as it just cranks the volume like crazy, and hisses with no input. Still, it has great sustain and distortion, so it does its job. Surprise purchase was a tiny belcat chorus pedal for a tenner, which is surprisingly good at its job. I don't often get a chance to use them all chained as I'm out of batteries and power supplies at the moment.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    OOoh, my mate Jay has just started building his own pedals, got a couple of fuzz creations available. He owns a studio and rehearsal rooms, has pretty much recorded every Derby band at some point or another. In all honesty I think they sound pretty good, without being so wild that you can't replicate the sound each and every time

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Sadly can't listen to that in work but making your own pedals is very cool, I had a friend who did a lot of circuit bending with some impressive results.

I probably only manage to dedicate an hour a week to my guitar at the moment so a multi effects was perfect and I've been very impressed with the variety and quality of sounds. Puts a big smile on my face.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    He's working on his third model now, they're all available to buy. But yeah for convenience a multi makes complete sense. Same reason I bought a digital mixing desk years back when all my mates said stay analogue, I just thought having so much onboard plus flying faders made live work a lot easier to pack for. Although obviously it takes a few more button presses to react to anything. That's why I stuck a feedback ferret outboard, cheating I know but it buys me back the few seconds lost selecting channel and hi-sweep-lo that I would have right in front of me on an analogue desk of the same age. Obviously they've got a lot better now but mine was a pretty early one
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    don't fret.

Niiiiice.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    don't fret.
    Niiiiice.

I have talent for doing things like that unintentionally...
  • I don't really care for pedals, prefer power-section OD.

That stated, I have a Klon clone, a germanium diode treble booster, EHX hum remover and the ISP Decimator noise gate just in case.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Klon clone, a germanium diode treble booster, EHX hum remover and the ISP Decimator noise gate just in case.

Klon Klone?

There's a poetry to that list. I've just been through four years of a loop pedal only so it's nice to trip out to noise again.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No physical pedals anymore.
  • I can almost get an Assault on Precinct 13 sound out of this bad boy. Perfection.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    trippy wrote:
    Amazing idea, I want to watch you use one of those to play Sim City. No doubt someone has already completed Dark Souls using one.

I've wired a pedal's microswitch to a PCB for use as a key/button, but if anyone's been daft enough to remap the full deck, it wasn't me.
  • I just sold an old Marshall Shredmaster that I bought in my teens for 80 notes and probably could have got more if I didn't want a quick-ish sale. Crazy what people will pay fo some stuff, but it is a bit of a classic. Bar that, when I had time to play, I used a Cry Baby and a Zoom 707.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    . Crazy what people will pay fo some stuff, but it is a bit of a classic.

I've found that with the boss ones, too. They're built like tanks so you can buy one, play for a few years and sell for the same price or more. 

In an ideal world I'd have loads of them daisy-chained together, they'd make such an awesome noise that I'd only have to touch a guitar string once to unleash 60 minutes of perfect sound. Sadly 'when I have time to play' is a phrase I know all too well.
  • trippy wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    . Crazy what people will pay fo some stuff, but it is a bit of a classic.
    I've found that with the boss ones, too. They're built like tanks so you can buy one, play for a few years and sell for the same price or more.  In an ideal world I'd have loads of them daisy-chained together, they'd make such an awesome noise that I'd only have to touch a guitar string once to unleash 60 minutes of perfect sound. Sadly 'when I have time to play' is a phrase I know all too well.

Realised the other day that my almost 2 year old had never heard me play!
  • Used to be a similar story for me but now they're three and a half and play drums while I play guitar. Or strum the guitar while I work the pedal. Good fun.
  • I think I would like to find The Best Chorus Pedal. Short of buying a JC-120 for just for that section.
  • The chorus on that sounds lovely, hula girl a-go-go.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!