Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Yeah me too. 
    I've had both sides of the lobby completely full then it's just sat there going nowhere until they get bored and leave.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    But yeh, pointless unless a group of mates get into it and play together regularly.
  • Id play five minute rounds of hunt the remote controlled camera if i could.
  • I still find the movement fairly typically frantic, like most FPS, where the set-up feels like movement should be more considered.  But I've been having fun, where I've been able to work out what I'm meant to be doing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I punched a hole in the wall and dropped a grenade at some poor guys feet. I think it was an enemy.
  • It was probably g.
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • This is decent, a shame just as Frantic and I were getting our eye in the servers died. I reckon a well oiled team of three or four could still boss a game against a rag tag five, especially on defence. A bit of headless chickening with randoms but the 24th onwards should give us a flavour. Netcode when in the game seemed robust, if not entirely reliable on connecting.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Servers came back on and I just had a bunch of great rounds. I'm really liking this and hope it gets a few forumers on for regular games- it's certainly what it needs to shine.

Everyone is playing the 'camping at objective' game at the moment, those teams usually losing as the room gets filled with grenades. Will be interesting to see how that evolves.

Game is super tense and cagey, gunplay is nice and the destruction is great fun. Smashing a little hole to peep through is ace and shits you up if an enemy does it near you...

Gutted I'm away when the beta proper starts. Hopefully we can get some sat night games going.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Moto, I'm surprised you're not all over this with you being a Swat fan iirc? Seems right up your alley.
  • I could be game for some back door breaching tonight. See what mood I'm
    In after work.

• Bollocks posted instead of texting the wife.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Try and stay up later than 7pm pants, come flash with me and Webbanon.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Don't Waite for me.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I know!
    I've turned into a diurnal gamer.
    Partly because I have crazy dreams if I game late and I feel bad for the wife because she has to put up with all the explosions and gunfire in the evening.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I know!
    I've turned into a diurnal gamer.
    Partly because I have crazy dreams if I game late and I feel bad for the wife because she has to put up with all the explosions and gunfire in the evening.

If you've got Windows 10 ( you get it free if you have 7 or 8) you can stream to your laptop or desktop and it works a treat.

@Frantic It will be easy to play Blood Bowl on it - loads of games galore.

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Which I should have tomorrow but am away the rest of the week....so games next week?!

Anyway, back to r6. Get on at 9 tonight pants. Live a little.
  • Where are youuuuu
  • Kill cam is a bit WTF. Several have shown every bullet missing me.
  • Sooooonnn...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just playing infinity with my lad until 9. Letting him have a birthday late night.
  • No dedicated servers might make this a non starter for me, that latency tonight was abysmal. Heart sank further and further with every dodgy kill cam, every point blank bullet that missed its target. You can't roll with P2P in this game, in 2015 with megabucks Ubisoft, my money stays put.
  • A shame as it's ticking most of the other boxes apart from the big red one that says NETCODE. If they can balance out those shields too...
  • Yeah some of the kill cams are atrocious. Gun sight jumping everywhere except at you and several times i apparently didn't even fire back despite dumping a quarter of a mag at a guy before dying. 
    It's something we always moan about but it's so fundamental to the game especially in one like this where you die in two shots.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think from what I've read it's dedicated servers but p2p for party info and communication. Maybe.

*shrugs*
  • I can't find out for sure, something about Australia being servers only, couple of official forum whingers. All that host migrating shit was a dead giveaway.
  • 4 threads on the offish forum complaining about the shields. With, of course, the usual 'no all you have to do is...' Replies. 
    Not that easy mate when you get lag shafted by a pistol from 20 feet away. Flanking isn't an option.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    I can't find out for sure, something about Australia being servers only, couple of official forum whingers. All that host migrating shit was a dead giveaway.

I do wonder if the host migrating stuff was for the comms though in hindsight. It was doing it awfully quick to be handing over the full shebang.

But Yeh, lag was bad last night but you get that in ded server games so......

• Yeh but dat lag was chronic, not dedi server marginal.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!