Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Cheers DS for that. Will try and download a trial today.
  • In lieu of G Man's travel thread, this is my most bestest favouritest thread. Stellar work chaps.
  • On my transfer business, I really felt like I needed a special player to get the team to the next level, a Bale type figure that could change a game by himself so I blew my load on Lacazette. I still can't believe Man Utd gave me £25m for Bentaleb, he was barely making my bench.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just hammered Lazio 4-1, going forward my tactic is beautiful. Wonky at the back though, counter attacks can wreck me as I send 7 forward and leave a diamond three sitting in defence.
  • I lost 1-3 to Dortmund, hardest draw possible ffs.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    And produced probably our best football to beat Lazio 3-2 away to go through 7-3 on aggregate. Coutinho is phenomenal, but very inconsistent.
  • Same, we won 1-4 in Germany to progress against all the odds. Went 3 up with a great display before Mikhyatriayananian pulled one back but Kane came up with a 25 yard chip in the last 5 mins to win it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Was glorious to watch. That first Kane goal was all kinds of lol.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Manager of the month lads, touch me.
  • You've completely dismantled our team. Is Firmino no good?
    GT: Knight640
  • Coutinho is phenomenal, but very inconsistent.
    They've got him nailed on then.
    GT: Knight640
  • You're only as good as your last 5 minutes in DS' team.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Pretty much!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You'll be praising me next season when I win you the sodding league, Knight.
  • Just read the thread, awesome guys!

How does the multiplayer work though? you each set up and play a game each? or is it a time based thing?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    One of you hosts, the other joins. When setting it up, you can make it time based, or have it like an SP game. Then you just play as you normally would, with your respective teams.
  • just installed this, where has the option gone to block transfers in the first window?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    when you select leagues/database size etc, options are at the bottom.
  • damn it, must have been missing in beta. will fire up a new game. cheers
  • Why would you block transfers though, dino? Theyre the best bit!

I was playing FM13 I think on my phone I had a player whos name escapes me, was a proper wonderkid and I bought him young, he won a few World Player of the year awards and was banging them in. I uusally sell players when they are passed their best for whatever money I can get but kept giving him 1 year extensions just to super sub my squad. Anywho he eventually went to retire and the board rewarding my loyalty to him by signing my son to the club! Never seen that before in my time playing it, was strangely touching :)
  • i just like to keep it realistic squad wise for the first window. get my targets lined up for winter window or the end of season window.
  • Ah ok makes sense, I do find my start team can be vastly different from what I inherited.
  • After much procrastinating i have come up with a challenge to keep myself amused in fm.

The 5 country, 5 leagues, 5 trophy challenge
    Also known as... as an idiot Englishman abroad....

Basically, the aim is to win as many trophies as possible over the course of five seasons. the caveat is i must change club at end of every season and next club must be in a different country. also to be considered a success by end of 5 years i must have 5 major trophies (league, cup or european or any combination there of).

another selfmade rules, i cant pick the reigning title winner or the runner up.

As a manager i will start being fluent in the languages of the leagues im interested in and have my favoured clubs as favourites. Hopefully when i swap countries i have more chance of getting the job i want.

im thinking (if it pans out), start with Schalke, then fiorentina, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille and Sevilla. Obviously my choice of club is dependent on vacancies.

This way i can do a mourinho and not give a shit about clubs long term future. spend money like crazy (cause im only there for a season).

I will chronicle the exploits of an idiot football manager abroad on this thread (as long as thread creators dont mind).
  • Great idea, looking forward to the updates.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Go for it mate! Looking forward to reading about the adventure.
  • You're all making me want a proper laptop to play this on dammit...
  • An Idiot Englishman Abroad - Day 1
    Dino: "...yes sir...". "Of course i will sir, its an honour". "Thank you so much".

(Bloody hell, i got the job!)

******** 48 Hours Earlier********

I was at home, bored. Since i'd been sacked at the end of last season, i did'ne know what to do with myself. The telephone had been silient, there were no job offers or even coaching roles. I'd even offered to do some free scouting at my old club, but got told it "wasn't the right time". Then the phone rang...

Unnamed Agent: "Hey Dino, how you doing mate?"

Dino: "You prick! you got some nerve ringing me, that striker you sold us last season was a bloody disaster".

Unnamed Agent: "Yeh i know mate, thats why im calling, i've pulled some strings and set you up with an interview. I owe you one".

Dino: "yeh yeh, pull the other one you wanker".

Unnamed Agent: "Seriously you doughnut. A big fish as well"

Dino: "Its not Sunderland is it? You can fuck right off if its those pricks, no chance lad. I'm toon army through and through".

Unnamed Agent: "No you pillock its not them, its Schalke".

Dino: "Who? Sch-ale? Sound like some non league pub team"

Unnamed Agent: "Germany giant, they are in the Champions league"

Dino: "Bloody hell! Why didn't you say so?"

Unnamed Agent: ".....Anyway the chairman is in London on Wednesday, he owns me one so I got you an interview. I won't lie to you paal, Andre Breitenreiter is favorite for the job". "Do me a favour yeah? Brush up on the club, get a haircut and chuck on some Brut".

Dino: "Aye ok paal, Cheers"

Schalke hey? Better do some research and book a train ticket to London.

*******24 Hours Earlier********

Before I boarded the train for London, I popped into Waterstones and picked up a copy of "Football Tactics for Dummies". Well, these European sort with their so called "sophisticated" football wouldn't be too impressed in an interview if they asked me about my football tactics and i'd told them the truth.

"...My tactics hey? Well I love me a 4-4-2, push the centre halfs right up, get the midfielders to get stuck in. Get it out wide to the wingers and whip the ball in, straight onto the nogin of my number 9. Boom. Goal. Job done. Then its down the pub for a Steak and Kidney pie and a pint or six of Newcastles finest".

I'd also picked up a copy of World Soccer in WHSmith, which if you believe my luck had a special on Schalke. By the time the train pulled into Paddington station, i'd read the Schalke article and flicked through the book, making sure to memorise some buzzwords to impress the chairman.

*******The interview********

Chairman Clemens Tonnies (CT for short): "Hello Dino, come in great to meet you. I've heard great things".

Dino: "Hallo Mr Chairman, thank you for taking the time to see me".

CT: "Lets get to it, time is short. So as you know Schalke are a big club, 7 times winners of Bundesliga, 5 german cups and 1 Uefa cup. I'd like to win the german league title, 80 years is too long without a title. What do you think?"

Dino: "Aye, I canne not agree with you Mr Chairman. Its a big club, special. Like my beloved Newcastle United".

CT:"Ahhh..Kevin Keegan. A big star with big hair in germany many years ago".

Dino:"I was on his coaching staff, when Newcastle almost won the title back in the late 90's. I'm the one who convinced him to by that lad from South American drug cartel".

CT:"Drug cartel? You mean Colombia?"

Dino:"Aye, dodgy bastards them sort".

CT:"Getting back to Schalke, what are your footballing tactics and philosophy?"

Dino:"Well, I believe that you need to play out from the back, have a high defensive block and squeeze the lateral and vertical space in midfield. Be warey of transitions and most importantly educate your players. After all they are human beings not just football players. You also have to develop your youth and hopefully bring through a homegrown lad who can become a star. Like Alan Shearer. I taught him how to play like a number 9. Before I got hold of him he couldn'e trap a bag of cement".

CT:"..Hmmmmmm, interesting. Well i've heard enough and I have to take my daughter to the Icescapades in 20 minutes. I'll get back to you soon dino, good to meet you".

******10 Minutes ago******

Dino: "...yes sir...". "Of course i will sir, its an honour". "Thank you so much".

(Bloody hell, i got the job!). Wow I couldn't believe it. I got the job. Obviously i had bobby dazzled him with my sophisticated tactics talk. He said he wanted me at the club asap to meet the staff and go over pre-season plans. There was only one question, which i daren't ask him "Where the fuck is Schalke?"

......to be continued......
  • great start.  they deffo seem to have made FM more involved and interesting.... when i was a lad a job offer was just a pop up box and a 'click yes to accept'. :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I like to apply and then turn them down as if they were women.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!