Twitter twa...I mean, chatter (And various social media guff)
  • Yup, I started to follow some of that after ploughing through it. My righteous indignation wants the full blog treatment though, especially why the police won't do something about it. Also what is this spyware, I want it.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Get onto it Marcus, ask the questions.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The ex of an ex, post breakup, installed spyware on a laptop (that he'd given to her some time previously) just prior to her moving out of the place they were in.  I was suspicious given his interest in such things so asked to check the laptop and lo and behold, he had key loggers and recording software set up to record via the built in cam whenever it was open.  The nerve of some people.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Can somebody explain Twitter to me and help get me started please.

Recently I've had quite a bit of time to kill at work and I'm running out of things to read, I'm a complete social media virgin so I'm not quite sure what the crack is.

I'm off now to sign up for an account, what's the best android app?
  • I've failed at the first hurdle, I hate it when I can't have my own (relativity common) name, now I can't come up with a decent reiteration.

I have now achieved a name.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In the OP you'll find a link to a list of current and former forumites/Edge staffers who are on Twitter. Start off by following them, then see who they're following for some other ideas.
  • No, stop, don't do it! Don't become like one of ... them.
  • But we're great
  • Stay back, creature; do not taint me with your foulness. †
  • But my features are so voluptuous, as if a mockery of my purity, how are you not enticed?
  • Join usssssssssssssss......
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Here's a thing.

I have my personal Twitter account, and one for my business.

The two aren't connected in anyway. Different emails, no shared followers or following. I get emails from Twitter suggesting I follow people. One is someone from here, one is someone I used to work with. afaict there's absolutely no ordinary way for Twitter to make the connection between me and those people. So what the fuck are they doing?

Also, for a company with millions of members and a profile/influence that would be impossible to be any bigger, they're pretty fucking needy when it comes to the "please come and visit Twitter" emails.
  • Just had my fourth RT/reply from Hideki Kamiya! :-) (none of them have been insulting either)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Something has crawled into Rich's anterior chamber and installed a trampoline.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I understand what he's saying about Uncharted. Pretty roller coasters is what they are. I think the mechanics are better than he's giving the credit for though.

Wholeheartedly agree with his thoughts on the Revengeance article by Kotaku. Having your hand held through countless games sucks, and ruins the fun of experimenting with a control scheme. Not being sble to understand a core concept that's introduced to you in the first 5 mins of the game, or being too limp to find the tutorials in the menu is worth berating. Morons who can't appreciate a good thing.
  • Been reaching out via Facebook to some of you lovely peeps. You're all gorgeous!!
    Of course you know who I am..
  • DrivelGod wrote:
    Been reaching out via Facebook to some of you lovely peeps. You're all gorgeous!!

I didn't know who you were but you were friends with a couple of the other guys on here so just accepted!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's a ruse so he can trawl our photos in'it!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • MattyJ wrote:
    DrivelGod wrote:
    Been reaching out via Facebook to some of you lovely peeps. You're all gorgeous!!

I didn't know who you were but you were friends with a couple of the other guys on here so just accepted!

Facebook is the only place where the dog isnt mentioned..
  • Didn't any of you see that program last night about the girl who's life was ruined because of social media? Bwa ha ha ha.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    See Cyber Bully.

"nnnI CAN'T GET THE CAP AWWWWF"

Driv is grooming, and being groomed.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    House Of Hell, fucking vampire always got me.  Even though I knew it was coming, he still got me.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Earl of Drumer, OMG MMURDER ANGRAM
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    This place turned up in my daily search, they had cached my entire twitter profile.

http://www.idolbin.com/privacy

Anyway they have something on deleting unclaimed profiles.

I suggest twitter folk, see if their profile has been cached and have it deleted.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Anyone else finding that the Mac Twitter client isn't working at the moment? It always throws a wobbly and refuses to load my timeline. Website seems to be working OK, so Twitter itself isn't down.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Just hit 500 friends on facebook. Someone tell me they've more. Not that that will help me know how to feel about it. Or even if I should feel about it. In society I am known as a 'connector'. Therefore I shouldn't be surprised.

A mate has recently been getting pretty popular across social media, clocking up many friends because of their exploits. I was looking at the activity feed on twitter and they had gone through a session of adding about 100 people. It kinda made me sick; I guess off the back of that I am confused about having 500 facebook friends.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'd say it means SFA bean old bean.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I guess we're talking geometry here?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Exactly.  Viscoelasticity is at the heart of your conundrum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!