Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well it looks like the guy is some random nutter. Although he did have a big beard...
  • I dont want to say for definite but it looks like he was an American, incel, Trump, gun freak.

Thanks America.
  • I've no sympathy for his actions but reading his views it is incredibly sad that someone at the age of 23 thinks they have no options in life.

It's clear that some men are really struggling getting past the idea that you need sex in your life to have fun or worth. But the answer is always blame women, can't be the product is the problem eh?
    SFV - reddave360
  • It has got me thinking about how society goes about tackling these kind of groups, beyond obviously improving society.

Terrorism laws cover religious and political extremes. Do we need something adjacent to that to cover conspiracies and thought groups (is there a better phrasing?) like incels? Realistically the processes of indoctrination and radicalisation of mentally vulnerable people are similar. The results can be just as devastating.

It seems like we are in an age of these groups, particularly in the West. Possibly linked to a drop in religious followers.
    Its not just Incels of course. The insurrection of the Capitol building was arguably more a conspiracy event than a political one, at the least it could be considered both. There are clear issues around Covid and conspiracies which are seeing vaccine centres attacked in France and a nurse in Germany issuing saline. 5G towers being burned doesn't pose immediate threat to life but it is easy to see those movements escalating to attacks on high street phone shops or engineers (i think they may have already been attacks on engineers actually).
  • I was really hoping for some kind of Devon crime family backstory here, bah.

Turns out it's just fucking late capitalist misery again.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Haiti hit by another major quake. They've not been having a great run if things recently :-(.
  • Does this guy know who Nick Berg is?

(Not saying that's the go-to result or intention of Afghans btw, just, damn, know your history and what can happen)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A friend of mine got kidnapped in Iraq too. That was "exciting".

Afghanistan, meanwhile, looks fucked. By us and the US, mainly. Worrying times.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    A friend of mine got kidnapped in Iraq too. That was "exciting".

Afghanistan, meanwhile, looks fucked. By us and the US, mainly. Worrying times.

It's infuriating. Such a waste of life, effort, time and money.
  • Just saw a woman MP on the channel 4 news report. She'll be dead or imprisoned within the year.

Disgusting outcome. All those soldiers dead, dismembered, disfigured, or PTSD'd. For this shambles. A playdough government.

Don't get me started on the chevening scholars shite.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    “Afghans have got to fight for themselves”

Fuck off Biden. The barefaced bollocks on Americans is staggering.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    “Afghans have got to fight for themselves”

Fuck off Biden. The barefaced bollocks on Americans is staggering.

“Now that we’ve left with all our ops support for the advanced weaponry we’ve somewhat trained these guys with, essentially leaving them with useless lumps of metal, they will have to find their own weapons to fight for themselves”
  • In a time of regularly depressing news, this somehow manages to take the title. What a fucking shameful situation.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is anyone really surprised? America sends in military, makes claims about freedom/regimes/human rights/whatever, fucks country/whole region to bits, leaves. It's practically a trope.
  • I'm not suprised America fucked it and I'm not surprised the Taliban are running the show.
    The speed is surprising but the rest seems inevitable and in terms of speed we are only talking a week instead of a month.

The big mistake was 20 years ago though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Afghanistan has been one big mistake since the nineteenth century.
  • Kow wrote:
    Is anyone really surprised? America sends in military, makes claims about freedom/regimes/human rights/whatever, fucks country/whole region to bits, leaves. It's practically a trope.

Is this the worst one yet though? 20 years in the making, Kabul beginning to resemble a normal city, people rebuilding their civilian lives, main Taliban fucker in Pakistani prison forever.

Since Doha summit everything has gone south and Biden, never keen on Afghan occupation / rebuilding from the start, has simply continued the Trump policies of disaster
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Afghanistan has been one big mistake since the nineteenth century.

Yup. Should have been left well the fuck alone.

This current phase was kicked off back in 1980 when the US insisted on trying to fuck up the Russians who for some stupid reason invaded.

Actually a foreign policy of "leave the well fuck alone" and "don't sell any weapons" wouldn't be bad first draft for us all.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Don't get me started on the chevening scholars shite.

Sounds like this bit might be sorted, at least...
  • A bunch of 30-ish conspiracy nutjobs claim to have ‘seized’ Edinburgh Castle this evening. By ‘seized’ I think they mean ‘walked in and haven’t left yet’.
  • poprock wrote:
    A bunch of 30-ish conspiracy nutjobs claim to have ‘seized’ Edinburgh Castle this evening. By ‘seized’ I think they mean ‘walked in and haven’t left yet’.

I guess Alex Salmond needs something to occupy his time now.
  • poprock wrote:
    A bunch of 30-ish conspiracy nutjobs claim to have ‘seized’ Edinburgh Castle this evening. By ‘seized’ I think they mean ‘walked in and haven’t left yet’.
    Citing the Magna Carta, which doesn't even apply in Scotland.
  • Citing a clause which only applied to 25 specific English barons and was repealed in 1216 or something? I dunno, I haven’t read it.

They sound like absolute nutters anyway. Something about ‘freeing Scotland from tyranny and corruption’ but no clue what they’re referring to. Lockdown, or mask wearing, or something? They’re being told off for entering a tourist attraction without paying the entrance fee and one of them’s being done for public disorder.

It’s up there with the anti-vaxxers in London who went to the old BBC building instead of the current one.
  • We should probably just deploy Gav to sort this out.
    cICqZ4e.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Shit at Current Affairs, the Nathan Robinson magazine, seems to have become a bit fucked.

https://twitter.com/lyta_gold/status/1428011761635143681?s=21
  • Should I know who he is Yoss?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Shit at Current Affairs, the Nathan Robinson magazine, seems to have become a bit fucked.

https://twitter.com/lyta_gold/status/1428011761635143681?s=21

That's really fucking shit. I thought he was one of the decent ones.
  • This is the kind of colossal fuckup I almost want to put down to some kind of mental illness on Robinson's part, how can you completely fail to exercise the ethics your project has otherwise expressed. Tragicomic.

Tbh I've always prefered the Baffler but anyway.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Should I know who he is Yoss?

He gets referenced around here a bit, but other than that no, not particularly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!