Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm about to start this on PS3 but my saves are all Xbox. Am I going to miss out on much?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Everyone's favourite Krogan potentially.
    Plus a lot of readiness.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Hmmm, anyone know if it's possible to import saves to Ps3? I would really like to play the game and can't really afford it on top of other games .
  • I know some people were getting saves for the PC but I'm not sure it is possible to bring a save onto either console from another source.

If you have a 360 still I can lend you ME3
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The more I think about it, the more I kinda want to play it with my save. I'll just suck it up and find a 2nd hand copy. It's something I may spend a bit of time on it.
    Thanks for the offer anyway!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    the mass effect series has been my favourite games of this gen, mainly due to the connection of the three games, which made me think that the developers "got it".
  • It is the only real trilogy, a story across 3 releases rather than a title with '2' and '3' added ater.
  • The Gears story goes across 3 games, don't tell me you think they had any more idea what they wanted the story in ME to be versus Gears.

I love the ME story, but I really don't think they had it planned past the first, at all.
  • Likely not but they did a better job of it anyway.

The Gears story wasn't really rounded off either, nor did it start at the beginning of the first game.
  • The Gears story is awful, but it's a current gen trilogy. I don't get the second part of your comment.

Edit: wait I vaguely get what you mean but disagree, a start is a start.
  • It starts at chapter 2 for me. Chapter 1 is what is being covered in the upcoming game.

ME does a bit of this but the reaper arch doesn't start until Shepard touches the relic thingy.
  • Yeah but what if they do a Mass Effect prequel, a'la Judgment?

I know what you're saying but it's just e cause in Gears you've not got your equilibrium to be broken as per your standard story theory, it hits the ground running... but then again there is little mystery to Gears and it doesn't rely on that to tell its story, so again a beginning is a beginning, IMO.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    First contact with the Turians is probably a decent idea for a seperate game entirely.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Been reading about Citadel. I'm going in for it. I spent that long with this series, playing through 2 three times, I want to say goodbye to these guys properly and it seems like it'll give me the chance to do so.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Trying to get some specifics around the online pass. It's obviously needed for mp but will not having it prevent me from getting and playing the dlc?
  • I think it does, it did on 2 at least, you needed access to the 'Cerberus network' for it, as far as I know. Don't want to mislead you in case that isn't true so don't take it as gold.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I'm trying to find out by googling it but it doesn't seem 100% so think I may have to buy new.

I started the PS3 version and
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Grunt made up partially for lack of squad mate Wrex in ME2. Not a single Krogan on your team in 3 which I thought was a weird decision.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Space racism
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    Yeah, I'm trying to find out by googling it but it doesn't seem 100% so think I may have to buy new. I started the PS3 version and
    Spoiler:

the free download from ps+?
    it says on playstation blog that it comes with online pass so you can play the multiplayer online co-op.

try logging in to it, if it works you have online pass.

online mp co-op is excellent btw, il be up for some if a few others are.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'll probably play it a little more, just have that voice in my head telling me I should go XBox and use my ME2 character.
  • Another one to add to the virtual pile of shame!!
    Of course you know who I am..
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Loving Citadel, lots of humour and interaction with current and former squad-mates. Only real complaint is it kind of goes against the the serious, urgent mood of the rest of the game.

As for the other DLCs. Liked Leviathan, nothing special but enjoyable enough story and collection of battles and it pads out the lore a bit. It links with the ending so I imagine how much you like it will depend on how much you like the ending.

Omega was disappointing, especially considering the price. Not bad but seems like they missed an opportunity to do something interesting with player choice and the two key characters.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I'll probably play it a little more, just have that voice in my head telling me I should go XBox and use my ME2 character.

I'd deff take the offer of a lend, your ME2 character may not even work unless they somehow fixed that issue. Tarnished the game for me having a save from the previous 2 games become worthless. And I hadn't even edited Shepard's appearance in any way.

• Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Weird how a seemingly trivial oversight can potentially ruin the whole experience. Managed to get my character looking close to what it was, probably a little better actually, but it still took some getting used to.
  • Question you lot: is it worth starting Mass Effect 2 if I've not played the first one? Had it unopened for a while, and have no prospect of affording 1 (PS3), so wondering if I should give it a shot.
  • How much does it go for?
  • Not much but too much, although worth it if you know what I mean. It came free with ME2 on the PS3 iirc ut may have been a LE feature.

I think it may be about 200msp on Live, no idea what that is on PSN.

Edit: or what monkey said

I recommend skipping ME1 now, from my experience it puts more people off than is worth while. Maybe go back to it once you have fallen in love with the series and can ignore the first game's failings.
  • Yeah the gameplay ain't great.
    2 on the other hand is solid gold.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!