regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sorry, I didn't realise. I think only one and it was well known before the movie came out? Will hide it.
  • I thought Space Jam 2 and GB Afterlife were similar in that they would be much better if left to just tell the story they are telling without the nostalgia interrupting constantly.

Space Jam 2 benefits from Space Jam being actually really quite shit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Space Jam 2 benefits from sheer novelty when
    Spoiler:
    showed up I was reenergised.
  • In news that will be surprising to nobody the new Munsters trailer looks terrible.  What is perhaps surprising however is exactly how terrible.  The expectation I guess is for something glossy but ultimately clueless.  What we get instead is something that looks like someone made it at home for their Youtube channel. I think that's what they're aiming for - something deliberately a bit cheap and schlocky in the hope that it translates into camp - but based on the trailer alone they haven't really nailed the tone needed to pull that off.  (Or maybe they weren't aiming for that at all, and it's just not very good.)

The Herman Munster impression's pretty competent, and the theme tune's still a classic but...  I think that's all I can say for it.

• Fucksake, just put the old ones on a streaming service.
    It looks like a CBBC show.

Didnt even have the car did it?
  • That does look like typical Rob Zombie fare, in which case I mean terrible
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The Munsters was always shite.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Aye. Poundland Addams Family.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Aye. Poundland Addams Family.
    Lol

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking hell that looks atrocious.
  • I watched quite a lot of that show as a kid but I don't think I ever actually enjoyed it, was just a case of it being the least dull of four options. Not sure what the draw would be these days.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Aye. Poundland Addams Family.

It was but it had a certain charm. Fred Gwyne was great.  Fun Fact : Lilly was played by the gorgeous Yvonne de Carlo who played Moses' wife in the Ten Commandements.

maxresdefault.jpg

as for that modern remake - I can't even bring myself to click on that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Jesus wept, Jurassic World Dominion is massively shit on so many levels.
  • "Carter", from the director of "The Villainess" - looks very much like The Villainess + Hardcore Henry + a bunch of green screen but still kinda fun action (+ zombies? I guess?):
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Booked to see Soylent Green projected on Saturday night. :)

One of the finest opening title sequences for a sci-fi film.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Fuck me I love this movie. I hadn't even fully grasped the storytelling work done with his character.

• That's a great video. Cheers Shabs :)
  • Fuck me I love this movie. I hadn't even fully grasped the storytelling work done with his character.

Absolutely loved this film. With all my heart. What a wonderful movie. The contrast between typical male archetypes in film and Waymond, highlighted in that video, is superb
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Peele getting fantastic reviews again for Nope despite not actually making a good film yet. Get Out and Us both received glowing praise but they're shit.

Is he the critical darling right now or something?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Trailer to Nope looks interesting. I'll give it a chance.

Get Out would have been better with a much less spoilery trailer.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Peele getting fantastic reviews again for Nope despite not actually making a good film yet. Get Out and Us both received glowing praise but they're shit. Is he the critical darling right now or something?

He does seem to skew more towards critical praise than audiences so I guess critical darling is fairly accurate but you're really just saying 'I don't like this guys films and don't get why other people do' aren't you? To which the obvious answer is 'different tastes'.

If you've got criteria to objectively classify films as shit, not everyone is using the same list. I grant you it's still weird when it feels like others aren't seeing the obvious.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Get Out and Us, both low budget horror movies on the Blumhouse label, where a "hit" is a take of £30 mil plus, both made 250mill+ worldwide. That sort of thing for - specifically for a horror audience who can be particularly fickle (hi, DS)- suggests that audience reaction was also massively popular. Think "critical praise more than audience" is a false narrative here.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I still stand by the stance of him getting a hell of a lot of praise due to his films being centred around black themes in a genre which was, for a long time, shit scared of looking at the angle, and at times was weirdly racist around it.

But taken objectively both films are flawed, quite dull, not creepy and touch on the themes at a simple surface level.

I argued this point when Get Out came out and got lolled at though, so there's that.
  • I quite like Get Out.
    I don't get Us. It's not even remotely interesting.

Twilight Zone was dissaponting, love the originals but I didn't even finish this new lot.

Key & Peele has some nice memes but the show was more miss than hit.

Have I covered everything?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is the lol for me tbf

https://twitter.com/adamtotscomix/status/1549807029258174464?t=B9vbmTicUWIxt8vOE1X5DQ&s=19

Even Peele is in the comments giving it the lols.
  • I liked Us but thought Get Out was a bit ehh.
  • Enough of this shit you slags.
    I've put Football Factory on.
    Proper fackin' fiwm cunt.

Naughty.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Get Out and Us, both low budget horror movies on the Blumhouse label, where a "hit" is a take of £30 mil plus, both made 250mill+ worldwide. That sort of thing for - specifically for a horror audience who can be particularly fickle (hi, DS)- suggests that audience reaction was also massively popular. Think "critical praise more than audience" is a false narrative here.

I don’t think it’s false narrative exactly but take the point it’s too much of a sweeping statement. I was thinking more about Us where there’s more of a disparity between critical and audience views. It’s not like you’ve never spent money to see a film you don’t like so I don’t think box office can be the sole determining indicator of quality.
  • I thought Get Out was rubbish.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I still stand by the stance of him getting a hell of a lot of praise due to his films being centred around black themes in a genre which was, for a long time, shit scared of looking at the angle, and at times was weirdly racist around it.

But taken objectively both films are flawed, quite dull, not creepy and touch on the themes at a simple surface level.

I argued this point when Get Out came out and got lolled at though, so there's that.

Your first paragraph- there's value in that for a large audience. I don't think it is reductive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!