• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Still haven’t seen this but what an absolute beast Cruise is. Absolutely crazy and I bet McQuarrie was bricking it every second.
    this youtube video is for more interesting and exciting than the film, just watch this a couple of times and save yourself 2 hours.

Not far from the truth. The problem with watching this is that you have an eye out for it during the film itself - should have been released after the film. Cruise is wonderfully mad.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Having said that - from 1977....

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I wonder where those skies ended up? One appears to bounce off the top of the parachute as it deploys, which seems like it could have gone very wrong in a number of different ways. Nice stunt though. And it makes sense in the film, unlike the MI motorbike jump which felt ridiculously contrived given what it was meant to achieve...
  • Absolutely. It’s utterly wasted in the film.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • My Mission impossible 7 review
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Have had a thing in my head tonight, thinking about actors playing the same character in totally different movies. Not where it's like the same historical figure, in doing the same Shakespeare multiple times, or in broadly connected movies like the View Askewniverse etc, or things like Bond movies, but more something like Michael Keaton's Ray character in Out of Sight and Jackie Brown.

I know there's other examples out there, but really can't think of many.

Paul Newman in Hustler / Colour of Money and Jack Nicholson in Chinatown / The Two Jakes are I suppose close, but I'm more interested in it being a non-main character like the Keaton example.

Any suggestions?
  • Might be too “non main character” but Jason Statham’s cameo in Collateral is, according to the writer, his character from The Transporter.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh yes, I forgot that one - that's the kind of thing I want.
  • Earl McGraw turns up in a bunch of Tarantino stuff. Played by Michael Parks iirc.
  • Not sure if you're counting gags but...

Martin Sheen in Hot Shots Part Deux/Apocalypse Now
    Robert Patrick in Wayne's World/T2
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Not sure if you're counting gags but...

Martin Sheen in Hot Shots Part Deux
    Robert Patrick in Wayne's World

Good pulls, but no, looking for more "serious" ones. Otherwise it's kind of cameo city. Doc Brown in that awful Seth Family Guy Dude movie doesn't count in my head canon either.
  • Ewww, nobody wants to think about that McFarlane trash.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Still haven’t seen this but what an absolute beast Cruise is. Absolutely crazy and I bet McQuarrie was bricking it every second.
    this youtube video is for more interesting and exciting than the film, just watch this a couple of times and save yourself 2 hours.

3 hours. It's almost 3 hours.

I thought I was an outlier after listening to the empire end of year stuff as they were very high on it and I was very bored by it.
  • Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive and U.S Marshals
  • Han from The Fast and the Furious series is in another otherwise unrelated movie I've never seen and can't remember the name of, I just remember that being a thing.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Keaton in Out of Sight and Jackie Brown
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You also have Russell Brand in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him to the Greek
  • Feel like there was something in Hong Kong cinema.
    A Jackie Chan character or something to do with Hard Boiled.
  • Oh.
    Conan in Red Sonja.

Not officially but was, there was some legal thing iirc.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive and U.S Marshals

Great one
    LivDiv wrote:
    Han from The Fast and the Furious series is in another otherwise unrelated movie I've never seen and can't remember the name of, I just remember that being a thing.

Yes! Better Luck Tomorrow, that's a great one.

Keaton in Out of Sight and Jackie Brown

Do you even read my posts

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Was gonna give another one but rude so there
  • regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Earl McGraw turns up in a bunch of Tarantino stuff. Played by Michael Parks iirc.
    *harrumph*
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've forgiven you reg, did you know Nicholson is in The Two Jakes and Chinatown
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Earl McGraw turns up in a bunch of Tarantino stuff. Played by Michael Parks iirc.
    *harrumph*

Apologies I genuinely missed that. Have had to Google Earl McGraw. Didn't know that was a thing, and as soon as I saw the picture of him I was like "oh yeah, that Dude". Good pull.
  • g.man wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    *harrumph*

I was gonna say McGraw but g got there first. Not that it was acknowledged or anything.But I hear ya g!!! Tarantino probably has other characters - his world has lots of crossover, eg the Red Apple cigs in Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill iirc.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've forgiven you reg, did you know Nicholson is in The Two Jakes and Chinatown

He can't keep getting away with this
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Have had a thing in my head tonight, thinking about actors playing the same character in totally different movies. Not where it's like the same historical figure, in doing the same Shakespeare multiple times, or in broadly connected movies like the View Askewniverse etc, or things like Bond movies, but more something like Michael Keaton's Ray character in Out of Sight and Jackie Brown.

Paul Newman in Hustler / Colour of Money and Jack Nicholson in Chinatown / The Two Jakes are I suppose close, but I'm more interested in it being a non-main character like the Keaton example.

Any suggestions?

Jay and Silent Bob turn up in Scream 3 for no apparent reason.

Also Randolph and Mortimer from Trading Places turn up in Coming to America. (They obviously have nothing to do with View Askew…)
  • nick_md wrote:
    The Dukes.

Am I even here!!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Any suggestions?

Jay and Silent Bob turn up in Scream 3 for no apparent reason.

Also Randolph and Mortimer from Trading Places turn up in Coming to America. (They obviously have nothing to do with View Askew…)

Oh Randolph and Mortimer is a great one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!