Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Ta. Assuming I'm good now. Played for 3 or 4 hours without a hitch.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Mixed bag tonight.  Couple of games doing really well, with good results, but then the teams changed and I got lumped in with some idiots.  TKing and generally being shit, and the the next match 3 people dropped after we were 3-2 up. Still did well but clearly never going to win that one.
  • Man, this game has its moments.

Terrorist Hunt Classic on hard. Starts off sloppy and we lose a member quickly, I revive a guy behind cover (we got flanked hard) but he goes Rambo and I get dropped. The surviving 2 members manage to clean up and revive me but we're all in bad shape, and there's still a load of terrorists to go. For some reason they split once we're back in action and I choose to follow one up the stairs. The guy who went his own way dies, obviously. Now 2 people, a slither of health, and 10 terrorists left. Partner gets shot through a doorway and takes his assailant out but still ends up dead.

9 left, just me, 37 health.

Long story short: Match successful, MVP, heart rate dangerous.

Trust me, I creeped my way to victory and my heart was fucking pounding. Once it hit 3 left...jaysus.

What a game.
  • Have you tried the PvP yet?
  • I had a quick gander but not really dived in yet.
  • I've tried terrorist hunt a few times but found it weirdly boring after a round or two. It seems I need the flesh and blood thrill of someone shooting me in the head through a sliver of scenery whilst hanging upside outside the building.
  • I'm the opposite - even in MMOs I'm PvE all the way. PvP has rarely, if ever, done anything for me.

Still, it's a big part of this game, I know, so I'll probably give it another go later.
  • I am usually all PvE too given how shite I am at all games
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    On evenings where I can deal with the anxiety I get from the small team sizes I can do alright and 'av fun. It is the meat and taters of the game.

Terrorist Hunt on Hard / Realistic is fairly good training on using your ears as much as your sight I found due to the roaming spawns of the T's.
  • Played some PvP just now and had fun. Mixed bag overall, first match getting dropped into a team 2-0 down and getting teamkilled wasn't the most auspicious start. Then had a few matches that went either way - some wins and some losses.

Towards the end though, I was placed in a team with 2 other guys who had mics and we pretty much cleaned up for a few matches. When that happens, the PvP goes from good to great.

Also, I love Fuze. 'Dem cluster bombs, when you know which room is your target or where the enemy is camped (unless there's a hostage, of course)...yummy.
  • Wiped out nearly an entire room with clusters through the ceiling. Beautiful. My first PvP MVP.
  • If a couple of days ago was the best of Siege, the last 24 hours have been the worst. Team killers, rage quitters and more team killers. Followed by revenge killing, quitters and rambos.

A really unenjoyable days worth of matches.
  • Oh, and relentless vote kicking, forgot about that.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    People are lamenting the christmas sale for that. People coming straight from CoD not really caring it's more of a thinking man's shooter.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If a couple of days ago was the best of Siege, the last 24 hours have been the worst. Team killers, rage quitters and more team killers. Followed by revenge killing, quitters and rambos. A really unenjoyable days worth of matches.

Play ranked. They have removed the vote kicked option.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Anyone up for a spot of this on Bone this weekend? Not played in aaages and still barely touched the MP.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I should be around for a few games.
  • If a couple of days ago was the best of Siege, the last 24 hours have been the worst. Team killers, rage quitters and more team killers. Followed by revenge killing, quitters and rambos. A really unenjoyable days worth of matches.

Avoided ranked since I assumed the skill level would be higher and I'm absolutely average. But I'll give it a go, thanks.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Anyone up for a spot of this on Bone this weekend? Not played in aaages and still barely touched the MP.

Up for Sunday, NYD?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's a date.
  • If a couple of days ago was the best of Siege, the last 24 hours have been the worst. Team killers, rage quitters and more team killers. Followed by revenge killing, quitters and rambos. A really unenjoyable days worth of matches.

Thanks for the suggestion to play ranked. Things are much better there.

Think I have a new fave attacker (since fuze often gets picked and I'm reluctant to rush pick him as I'm still learning the ropes). I'm now a Blitz man.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Shields 4 liff.

I might Blitz (lol) this tomorrow to try and get the Discoball charm. Only a day left I think.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Shields 4 liff.

Yeah, I really like shield operators.

Had some mixed experiences today. Got put with 3 other dudes with mics (and they actually used them!) and we worked super tight as a team. Cleared up multiple rounds 3-0 or 3-1, before going 2-0 down to a very good team and pulling it back to 2-3 to take the win. Proper cheering ensued from all of us.

Should have added them as friends, because the rest of the day was with anti-social mic-less CoD players. Some wins, some losses, but nowhere near as fun as it was working as a proper team.

Another mixed day, then.
  • Just snapped this up. 15 quid on live is a bargain.
  • Awesome, enjoy it. This game is taking all of my time at the mo. It can be incredibly frustrating at times but when it clicks, it really clicks.
  • This game has highlighted some gaps in my Chinese. Can describe positions just fine but operative names and things such as flash bang, cluster and claymore...gotta do some studying.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    "Sun bomb"

I stupidly didn't think you'd be playing with locals. How is that?

• There is currently a free weekend for this on Steam. Had some good games with Tempy just now. Would be great if we could get a bigger group together to murder the terrorists, so if anyone wants to join us over the weekend that would be brillo. 

It's a 30GBish download btw, performance seems really good.
  • Shame I can't do this with badgers, but I only play this on PS4.

''Tis an excellent game.
  • Should be massive on this forum, dunno why it never took off

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!