DOOM - Hurt me plenty!
  • So apparently the SP and the MP are made by completely different developers.
    GT: Knight640
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Imagine if this had co-op.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    This is the kind of game that would have right benefited from a traditional SP demo. FFS, the MP experience put me right off.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I need this so bad
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Imagine if this had co-op.

There's co op maps in the snap map thing, I think upto five in a lobby
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Really liking this. Tonnes of secrets to find. Levels are head scratching labyrinths like the Dooms of old. You can see a secret through a window. You can see it on the 3D map, but it can be an absolute bastard to work out how to get to it. 
    Combat is meaty. Guns are awesome. Enemies certainly don't stand around waiting to be killed. The melee kills are actually really good and add a nice tactical edge to the gameplay because of the health bonus from melee kills, likewise the chainsaw, which needs fuel, but causes downed enemies to drop ammo.
    It's refreshingly old-school with a shiny lick of paint and a few modern twists.

two thumbs up so far

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Really liking this. Tonnes of secrets to find. Levels are head scratching labyrinths like the Dooms of old. You can see a secret through a window. You can see it on the 3D map, but it can be an absolute bastard to work out how to get to it. 
    Combat is meaty. Guns are awesome. Enemies certainly don't stand around waiting to be killed. The melee kills are actually really good and add a nice tactical edge to the gameplay because of the health bonus from melee kills, likewise the chainsaw, which needs fuel, but causes downed enemies to drop ammo.
    It's refreshingly old-school with a shiny lick of paint and a few modern twists.

two thumbs up so far

g.man

I'm enjoying it, also like that you can mod the weapons and hold LT to use it. I don't really notice that there's no ADS either
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Aye, the guns are really satisfying.
  • There should be a keyboard only mode. Old school style.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I will get this I think, I could do with a no-nonsense fast FPS.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm tempted too, especially if it's nothing like the MP.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Pretty much what g said, game just feels good. Great to be enjoying a game purely on it's game play merits and not having to be conned into playing by the carrot on a stick philosophy.
  • Watched some playthrough. Seems to be full of collectoupgradeperkfuck. Is relentlessly dull orange. 

Haram.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    To be fair though, when's the last time you actually liked a game? ;)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    I like that games that are broken can be fixed.
    Ah, OK. Patches are fine. It's just that I think devs/pubs/platform holders have become a bit reliant on them. "Fuck it, get it out the door. We'll patch it later." 5GB on day one is a fucking joke. If it's that broken, don't burn it to disc yet.

5GB isn't a patch. It's an expansion pack.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • People will complain whatever they do. At a patch, at a release date slip, at a different format, people just love to moan. If they need to do a 5gb patch to meet release date then it's cool with me. I'd rather that then it put back another month or so, as do the publishers who have sorted out advertising etc months in advance.

Most people's connection can manage that 5gb patch in no time, but it may be a good idea if they started releasing these patch's pre release for those buying disc day one so they can have it downloaded before they pick it up if their connection isn't too good.

Even then people would still moan about there being a patch in the first place. But if we want more complicated games, in every sense of the word, then shouldn't we expect there to be more bugs in the systems that might be found relatively last minute?

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just my opinion on the matter.
  • I'm loving this. Old school. Fast and furious adrenaline rush gameplay, and it's shit me up on more than one occasion already.
    Only minor quibble was at the end of The Foundry level it locked me in the exit room preventing me from going back through the level to hoover up the remaining secrets. Minor grievance, but when the previous levels have all let you do this it was a bit annoying.

there's a lot to like here

g.man
  • I'm really, really tempted but the PC specs say 8gb RAM and I only have 4. Anybody here playing it on pauper specs?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Right I'm in, love me some twitch shootier.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Serious Skerret
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    TimeSkerreters
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    To be fair though, when's the last time you actually liked a game? ;)

Hyper Light Drifter was fine. Stephen's Sausage Roll is fine. Dark Souls III will probably be fine.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I will always intend to play Stephen's Sausage Roll.
  • Yeah it's one of those.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    trippy wrote:
    I'm really, really tempted but the PC specs say 8gb RAM and I only have 4. Anybody here playing it on pauper specs?

Buy more ram, it's cheap.
  • Sadly, so am I. Plus I have an old and weird motherboard so it's not so cheap or easy.

This one
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What motherboard is it? There's a tiny chance I have some ram lying around.
  • It's an ABIT IP35-PRO, you beautiful cow, you.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'll have a look later but really I doubt the ram I have will fit that. Fingers crossed, though.
  • Much appreciated either way, thank you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!