101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    What’s the name of the sticks? Do they work, or do you smell like beef and onion crisps?

I went with Fussy.

They do work but there is a period of smelling a little meaty, I think this is true for any natural deodorant. This wasn't helped by me choosing the mint flavoured one first and smelling like a roast dinner.
    I would caveat that Im a desk jockey so not putting them under the same tests as you will with work.

The fragrances are all natural smelling as well so more like an Original Source shower gel than other deodorants.
  • I hardly ever use deodorant now I'm wfh, don't see the point. I shower, then if I smell a bit by the evening who cares? I don't. I do use it if I'm going out tho. I think I've bought maybe two cannisters this year.
  • I live alone, to clarify.
  • I feel weird if I don't. Like I've forgotten something and it will bug me all day.
  • I've grown to love my evening musk tbh. Sometimes I just sit here and pull my t-shirt up over my nose and enjoy. I'm gonna make someone a v.lucky woman one day.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ooh, can you make one for me too?
  • I'm sure we can make you look fabulous darling.
  • Evening Musk surely needs to be a fragrance name.
  • It's that time again folks, let's play Train Cunts!

Bought a hugely overpriced bottle of lucozade sport to go with my Viz, as is my pre-departure ritual. Put bottle in side compartment of bag (those outside ones). Train arrives, get on, train is quiet, nice. Sit down put bags up, lucozade is gone. Fucksake. Check the side pocket, small hole in it, maybe big enough for the bottle but maybe not. I don't think it was stolen as I walked but it must've fallen out. The cunt part comes in because there were several people walking behind me as happens when trains start boarding, no one called out or anything. I've chased after people before when things have dropped out of their bags, it's just a nice things to do isn't it? My thirst quenching train treat was either stolen, or fell out and ignored by my fellow humans. Either way, cunts.

Doesn't end there tho, there's two cunts sat right behind me now, in the quiet zone carriage, talking and laughing somewhat loudly. One fellow train cunts sufferer to my left has already said to them politely "I don't want to be rude but this is the quiet zone, you may not have seen" to which these I'm The Main Character cunts went oh ok, quieted down for about 10 seconds before starting to talk again, quietly at first, but their volume is rising slowly to previous levels and I'm like some train frog boiling to death in a train cunts water. I really dislike confrontation and am hoping me looking back frequently with a scowl is going to do the trick. Maybe I should just stand up and take my shirt off and square up, I could definitely take them both at the same time, they're about 18 or so and rah-y girls.

(I won't do this, I'm going for the pacifist achievement in Life)

Am I unreasonable for expecting the quiet zone to mean zero talking, like does it mean a bit of talking if you're quiet enough?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You are not unreasonable. People are cunts. That's all.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • talking quietly in quiet zone = acceptable. talking and laughing loudly = not acceptable. 

I don't think it's a confrontation to tell them this. One fellow passenger was already brave enough to do so and they quietened down. You do it too, and the weight of social pressure will probably be too much for them to bear. They'll either be quiet for a longer period (after which you'll have to once again tell them to be quiet, sorry) or they'll move.
  • Go mental and as they leave go "OI! ... And while you're at it, I'll be having my lucozade back you faackin tart!"
  • Yeah I raised my head, let out an audible sigh and said in a clear voice, not shouting but not hushed, "this is the quiet zone". They've since shut up.
  • Someone's just brought a toddler into the carriage, it's game over now I think, all bets are off. Original polite requested bloke looks like he's given in, if he's gone, what hope do I have.
  • I'd rather be in a noisier standard carriage than a slightly noisy Quiet Zone. The lack of respect for the rules wpuld annoy me more than the noise.
  • You might get to experience my biggest pet peeve. Parents who hand a toddler a tablet on full volume to keep them quite in a public place. I'd rather the kid was screaming it's head off than listen to cbeebies.
  • Fuck
    Those
    People!
  • Who brings a fucking toddler into a quiet carriage?
  • n0face wrote:
    You might get to experience my biggest pet peeve. Parents who hand a toddler a tablet on full volume to keep them quite in a public place. I'd rather the kid was screaming it's head off than listen to cbeebies.

I've seen these out in the wild, I know exactly how you feel.

LivDiv wrote:
    I'd rather be in a noisier standard carriage than a slightly noisy Quiet Zone. The lack of respect for the rules wpuld annoy me more than the noise.

Agree completely, the noise doesn't actually bother me that much but I would prefer silence, it's the total lack of respect for the rules and your fellow peoples.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    mate put all the windows through and start hanging heads out of em screamin 'ya lucozade cunts eh'
  • One of these fuckers has my lucozade I'm now certain of it. I was really looking forward to that ice cold, orange refresh.
  • Either stealing or picking up whilst laughing at me walking away oblivious.

Got a change to do yet, wonder what kind of cunts I'll get there, bit of mixup at least.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bet its the toddler mate go and rummage through the pram the little twat
  • Obnoxiously loud and jaunty ringtone just went off for a good 10secs, now answered and conversation in full flow nnngggg train cuuuuunts!

I'll calm down lads, sorry.

(This is a different, here comes a new challenger train cunt btw)
  • Can get another Lucozade at least.
  • Reckon a man could kill with a rolled up issue of Viz?

Is it a bumper Xmas special?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What would George Bestial do in this situation
  • Check the Profanasaurus to see if there's an appropriate insult to shout.
  • Could mk fuck up a rolled up Viz, that's the real question.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Does anyone actually like the taste of Lucozade?
    Things can only get better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!