myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was looking at a baseball app for Kodi (have an Android tv which has Kodi as well), and that seems doable for streams. Most seem to suggest you need to run it through a VPN though, which one is most popular here / easy to use with Kodi / Android? I have no clue about these things. 

Or if anyone has better suggestions for watching the baseball for free, I'll listen.
  • PIA (private Internet access) I believe is the easiest to setup with kodi. Not the vpn i use, personally. There are a lot of guides online for setting up vpns with kodi.

Nina you may want a vpn that covers many different types of OS I.e. Windows, Mac, Android. The new no Internet privacy rule that the USA has passed sucks. Vpn use with Internet browsing seems the defacto way to go when in USA now.

Also paid for vpn is much better than a free vpn.

PS you can use a proxy (Google it) to watch the baseball, just remember your connection isn't encrypted like with a vpn and your isp can see what your doing.
  • Is it that important to use a vpn with Kodi now ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll see if I can get that PIA working, would be ideal if I could do it via the TV though, not the laptop. It's a Sony smart tv with Android and has a Kodi app as well, not sure which version that one's at though.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Is it that important to use a vpn with Kodi now ?

No, however British isp's are suppose to be sending out polite letters, educating their customers on alternatives to illegal streaming.
  • Nina wrote:
    I'll see if I can get that PIA working, would be ideal if I could do it via the TV though, not the laptop. It's a Sony smart tv with Android and has a Kodi app as well, not sure which version that one's at though.

I have a Amazon fire stick plugged into my TV and run it through that. Works fine.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Just in case anyone was looking to get into this, I am selling my Amazon Fire TV for £50 (plus postage). It's in fantastic condition and can install KODI on it for you if you want to be saved the bother.

Any questions, just shout :)
  • How come Oli? Given up on kodi ?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Going to invest in something with a bit more oomph mate.
  • Ah , what do you use for football ? Most of them are crap now
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Always use paid. Have been using Streamtvbox but jumping over to Sports Donkey once the season is done.
  • Hoping for some help.

Had kodi Jarvis on my Amazon fire 5th gen tablet. Used it to watch game of thrones, it said version 17.3 was now available. After much faffing, i deleted Jarvis and downloaded Krypton. All good.

Knew I'd have to reinstall the add ons i used, that's where the ballache began. Trying to get exodus back on it, followed various YouTube videos no joy. Is there an easy way to get exodus back, or failing that, can anyone recommend any other add ons that'll be a decent replacement?
  • I can't get anything to work on my Kodi - think I'll have to update it which is always a ballache. Not sure if it's that I'm using Jarvis or that Sky have started blocking streaming services.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Try installing Wookie, the skins are awful but Exodus is one of the addons included. Some are still fucked at the minute but they'll probably be back up soon.
  • Try installing Wookie, the skins are awful but Exodus is one of the addons included. Some are still fucked at the minute but they'll probably be back up soon.

?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • TV addons, the site that hosted the repositories that allowed you to download exodus, uk Turk, etc was either taken down by the team that ran it or was taken down by court order (no one seems sure).

The upshot is that you can't get exodus back using those file paths on the internet guides as the stuff isn't there anymore.

A few mirror sites have appeared, but they shut down as quickly as they come online. Best Google something like 'tvaddons no longer available' etc to see what mirrors are currently live.
  • What if i bin Krypton and reinstall Jarvis, will that work?
  • I thought Kodi was fucked and, much like an underage girl, we would all go to prison if we turn it on?
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I thought Kodi was fucked and, much like an underage girl, we would all go to prison if we turn it on?

This made me laugh too much
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I had no idea any of this was happening. Last time I booted up Kodi was to watch The Handmaid’s Tale and American Gods. I was using TV Addons (to the point where my Kodi flashes up a TV Addons screen before opening) so I assume I’ll be buggered next time I try and switch it on. That’s a shame.
  • That's been my experience lately - nothing works.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Specto, Flixnet, genesis reborn, are all working post the takedown of tvaddons. Google how to install them. Use the latest version of Kodi where possible as it https:// all the connections.

Exodus can still be used but it's hit and miss. Currently all repository's are hit and miss, some have streams some don't. Also use a VPN!

Delete the tvaddons repository as well.
  • Trying covenant. Works, after a fashion, had to download it via ares Wizard.

Used specto in the past, I'll give it a go.
  • Cheers for the advice Dino.

I think it’ll be a while before I need Kodi again (probably until Amazon come up with another show I want to see) so I’ll delete everything for now and wait until I actually need it before finding the latest recommended install.
  • Exodus is still working for me via tvaddons. Watched American Gods last night. Phoenix wouldn't work for me last time I tried it. I'm on 17.3
  • TIL Kodi is XBMC.

I still torrent and plex/chromecast don't know why i'm a dinosaur
  • Exodus , UK Turks work for me but the best add-on is bob . All the latest tv series and they've got Wonder Woman , Alien Covenant and The Mummy in decent quality..

Bob used to be part of Phoenix but they fell out or something .

I've sort of given up relying on it for football now .
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Specto, Flixnet, genesis reborn, are all working post the takedown of tvaddons. Google how to install them. Use the latest version of Kodi where possible as it https:// all the connections.

Exodus can still be used but it's hit and miss. Currently all repository's are hit and miss, some have streams some don't. Also use a VPN!

Delete the tvaddons repository as well.

Is this using a paid vpn? How do you use a vpn for kodi ?

Is the tvaddons thing because of some dodgy shit on the add-on that ddos websites?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!